Verified:

farmer Game profile

Dec 27th 2014, 17:42:26

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...r-pollution_n_889897.html

and also found a few more articles on this

farmer Game profile

Dec 27th 2014, 17:43:47

"While climate change is a major threat, more research is required before society attempts global geoengineering solutions," said Tilmes.

some people are just so full of fluff

Riddler Game profile

Dec 27th 2014, 18:07:34

lol anyone who gets their news from the huffington post deserves to be duped

elvesrus

Dec 27th 2014, 20:25:36

Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

farmer Game profile

Dec 28th 2014, 22:22:07

During their lifetimes, plants generally give off about half of the carbon dioxide (CO2), that they absorb, although this varies a great deal between different kinds of plants. Once they die, almost all of the carbon that they stored up in their bodies is released again into the atmosphere.
As you may know, plants use the energy in sunlight to convert CO2 (from the air) and water (from the soil) into sugars. This is called photosynthesis.Plants use some of these sugars as food to stay alive, and some of them to build new stems and leaves so they can grow. When plants burn their sugars for food, CO2 is produced as a waste product, just like the CO2 that we exhale is a waste product from the food we burn for energy. This happens day and night, but since photosynthesis is powered by sunlight, plants absorb much more CO2 than they give off during the daytime. At night, when photosynthesis is not happening, they give off much more CO2 than they absorb. While they're alive, overall, about half of the CO2 that plants absorb is given off as waste.
When you look at a tree, almost all of the body of the tree is made of sugars, which are made from carbon (from CO2) and hydrogen and oxygen (from water). When the tree dies, it rots as decomposers, like bacteria, fungi,and insects eat away at it. Those decomposers gradually release almost all of the tree's stored carbon back into the atmosphere as CO2. Only a very small portion of the carbon in the tree ends up staying in the soil or washing out to sea without changing back into CO2.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 28th 2014, 22:32:59

*yawns*
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

archaic Game profile

Dec 28th 2014, 23:59:04

O rly?

Somebody wrote a paper trying to ascribe significance to a tiny blip in an already small data set?

Fascinating.

Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Oceana Game profile

Dec 29th 2014, 0:32:02

Is there Global warming man made only a complete fool can disagree so just keep burning your coal, will it greatly bother the planet hell no, the earth will take care of itself, it really don't care if man goes or comes close to extinct if your within a 100 feet of sea level as the majority of the world pop does Then don't worry about it. we inland will greatly raise our prices, just hope it all balances out while O2 levels are high enough to let us all to breath.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 29th 2014, 1:10:09

You seem to believe humans aren't a part of this planet and somehow outsiders here to wreck it, news flash, when this planet aka mother nature has had enough of us, she will simply wipe us out, stop worrying about our planet as if she is defenseless, all we are is dust in the wind.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

braden Game profile

Dec 29th 2014, 1:37:54

you might be dust in the wind, ko hearts, but i'm billion year old carbon. when i die i'm going to make a diamond, and diamonds are forever.

Wu Game profile

Dec 29th 2014, 5:35:20

SOL is ranked too high