Verified:

VicRattlehead Game profile

Oct 22nd 2014, 22:39:35

I thought I read on one of these boards from a dev that spy DR was changing to slowly recover over time instead of just resetting every day changeover. I can tell you in tourney this is not the case.

While I'm at it, 25 spy ops per day? Seriously? Weak.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 22nd 2014, 23:33:39

2012: Spying: The spy DR rate has been cut approximately in half.

2011: We changed spy DR to work over the past 24 hours.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

VicRattlehead Game profile

Oct 23rd 2014, 1:03:42

Worded incorrectly. I thought I understood the spy *ops* counter! not spy dr counter! was on a "running clock" now.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 23rd 2014, 13:36:57

nothing about spy ops counter running on a clock now in announcements nor ee-wiki.

primary should have 35 ops per day, alliance and ffa 50, express 120, team 75 and tourny 25. again nothing about changing that.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 23rd 2014, 16:15:14

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:
I thought I read on one of these boards from a dev that spy DR was changing to slowly recover over time instead of just resetting every day changeover. I can tell you in tourney this is not the case..

How certain are you of that? :) Tourney should have an 18 hour DR half-life; You might not notice the difference unless you're calculating to the acre, or there's a ton of hits
Finally did the signature thing.

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 23rd 2014, 16:41:07

Hey qz... Spy DR, not landgrabbing DR!

blid

EE Patron

Oct 23rd 2014, 16:41:40

one thing I never understood is how I can have 2m spies and someone can steal my $$ successfully 20 times in a row

but when oldman had 10 spies on 60,000 land i managed to fail several ops after DR kicked in
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Kevro Game profile

Oct 23rd 2014, 16:50:28

Yes, I don't understand that either blid. I was warring with a small Alliance on Ffa, their countries much larger than mine. I noticed that 2 of their largest countries had 0 spies, so I started lighting them up with spy ops. I had several countries with over 500k spies on like 10k acres, and even they failed 40+ ops out of 50 once the Dr kicked in. And he had 0 spies!

Kevro Game profile

Oct 23rd 2014, 16:50:33

Kevro Game profile

Oct 23rd 2014, 16:50:34

Marshal Game profile

Oct 23rd 2014, 19:14:30

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Hey qz... Spy DR, not landgrabbing DR!

nor spy dr either, amount of ops aka every x hrs you can perform x amount of operations if used max already.

Xninja Game profile

Nov 16th 2014, 4:17:34

Originally posted by Kevro:
Yes, I don't understand that either blid. I was warring with a small Alliance on Ffa, their countries much larger than mine. I noticed that 2 of their largest countries had 0 spies, so I started lighting them up with spy ops. I had several countries with over 500k spies on like 10k acres, and even they failed 40+ ops out of 50 once the Dr kicked in. And he had 0 spies!

My opinion regarding 0 spies being housed in a country is this...

If your not going to attempt to protect your country with SPAL, you shouldn't be able to hide behind spy DR.

0*x=0.....
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

Xninja Game profile

Feb 27th 2015, 6:02:32

BUMP!

Originally posted by Marshal:
by qz ~2 years ago:

2b) Spy DR will kick in a bit sooner, but will build more slowly. One of these sets we'll find a good balance =/

2c) Minimum chance of success for spying will be *slightly* raised

Slightly raised from what? I read the Bio Q&A from forever ago and understand how that works. But it still didn't really describe how the DR factor works... I assume it is linked to the number of attempts and sca.es like the LG DRs The actual SPAL really does nothing. Besides maybe the first 20-30 ops. And according to this post its saying that non harmful spy ops are not applied at all. Which I'm sure I failed ops on countries where my SPAL dominated theirs, and I mean to a rediculous manner....

And another issue I have with Spy DR is how it affects 0 spy countries. From my personal experience, you SR/CD/WhatEver a country 100x the fail rate for a 50:0 SPAL has the DR all most identical to a 50:25 SPAL attempt. Resulting in all most same sucess rate for all 100 ops. Spies cost a lot... they are the hardest military unit to produce and house due to the fact its only your indies that's going to be making them. 0 spy countries shouldn't be nerfed like that.

Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email: