Verified:

PapaSmurf Game profile

Sep 19th 2014, 5:36:46

Earth Paradigm on Clash of Clans is growing so much, we have created a second tag Mercury Paradigm. It's pretty cool to see a wide range group of earthers come together to try and put their stamp on a different game. If you are already playing come help us show the CoC community what we can do! If you are thinking about playing it's definitely worth it.

We are all here for the family like atmosphere and we remember the good old day. Building this clan with all these earthers grouped together in one place definitely feels like early earth 2025. As far as clan organization we are miles ahead of most clans there and we believe we can build the best non paying clan they have.

Our ingame tag is MercuryParadigm and our site is paradigmalliance.org

Edited By: PapaSmurf on Sep 19th 2014, 6:59:09
See Original Post

Alin Game profile

Sep 19th 2014, 6:47:41

How much time consuming this game is ? In minutes / day - to be a competitive player and nothing more.

PapaSmurf Game profile

Sep 19th 2014, 7:07:25

In the beginning you upgrade pretty quickly, can take make five minutes a day, but logging in a few times to keep builders working. As you grow building takes longer to wait and more resources. I've learned to raid while doing something else, working, watching movie or earth stuff.

Alin Game profile

Sep 19th 2014, 7:09:22

Hmm sounds like Travian ( a game that could drain the real life out of you ).

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Sep 19th 2014, 7:21:33

Is this game mobile friendly? Site name?
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Sep 19th 2014, 8:54:55

Yes it is mobile friendly....it is an app.....go to your app or play store and download Clash of Clans

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Sep 19th 2014, 9:21:51

Thats the one you guys play? Count me in
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

bertz Game profile

Sep 19th 2014, 9:40:49

Are you guys using the same nick that you use here?
I might join you next month.

Thunder Game profile

Sep 19th 2014, 9:59:23

Papasmurf!!
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

iNouda Game profile

Sep 19th 2014, 11:59:13

It's as addictive as Travian (which ruined my life). I uninstalled it once I noticed how much of my attention and time it was taking up. I kept wanting to check on my stuff all the time.

tellarion Game profile

Sep 19th 2014, 12:55:36

It's a micro-style game. As in it doesn't take a ton of time in a single chunk, but periodically throughout the day. Like others have said, it starts out quickly, but within a few weeks, upgrades are taking a few days each, so it's not quite as demanding. There are wars and such as well, and the need to acquire resources, so it 'can' take lots of time if you want it to.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 19th 2014, 13:32:00

Is it pay to win?

kanga Game profile

Sep 19th 2014, 14:03:33

Only at the very high tier of the game, if you are looking to be in the top 100 players in the world!

kanga Game profile

Sep 19th 2014, 14:04:13

But yes, you can sink money into the game to progress faster.

Link Game profile

Sep 19th 2014, 14:04:32

how the hell a been smurf..
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 20th 2014, 0:37:57

Originally posted by kanga:
But yes, you can sink money into the game to progress faster.

I have a slight disdain for games that take X time to complete an action unless you pay money heh. I am very weary of they micro transaction game model. The only one I've liked is dota 2.

ddog Game profile

Sep 20th 2014, 17:28:35

Its pretty freaken fun though, and i'm there ;)

Jack

Sep 20th 2014, 18:51:11

How do I join?

M m i x X Game profile

Sep 21st 2014, 14:19:49

I might join too :)
-=(M m i x X)=-

bstrong86 Game profile

Sep 21st 2014, 15:14:01

I havent built my clan castle yet. But i will join soonish. Still trying to get a feel for tje game.

Question though..

Why do people intentionally lose pvp matches? They only send one or two in to atack and when i visit them they have this aweaome country..
The Death Knights

XI

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Sep 21st 2014, 18:32:34

will the new tag be playing here, or are you just spamming a recruitment message for a different game?
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Detmer Game profile

Sep 22nd 2014, 1:27:11

bstrong, they accidentally clicked on the ground instead of the skip to next target button. It isn't worth them to waste units on tiny returns so they just move on and accept the loss of trophies so they can find a better target to attack.

Trife Game profile

Sep 22nd 2014, 3:59:50

Originally posted by Detmer:
bstrong, they accidentally clicked on the ground instead of the skip to next target button. It isn't worth them to waste units on tiny returns so they just move on and accept the loss of trophies so they can find a better target to attack.

oh you get to keep the troops you don't send on attack?

well i'll be damned

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 22nd 2014, 15:54:40

yes, yes you do. And it's embarrassing to lose and then notice you have 100 archers left over...
:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 22nd 2014, 16:33:18

"Introducing new tag, Mercury"

I immediately git the joke, checked out the thread, then realized it totally wasn't one. :/

Maybe my level 101 town should join the clan.

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 22nd 2014, 16:37:08

While this is the correct reason sometimes, usually it isn't. They are intentionally losing trophies so that they can farm the newbies at the lower trophy level with their higher level troops. To intentionally lose, just drop 1 troops, and surrender the battle immediately. Higher level players with access to the Barbarian King or the Queen can drop that instead (out of range of any towers) and surrender immediately without the loss of that one troop.

Lots of players employ a technique called "lazy farming", where they look for bases where the collectors are scattered on the perimeter of the base and are half-full/full, and just throw down 50-100 archers to collect the resources in them. Repeat this every 5 minutes (since it doesn't take long to build 50-100 archers) and you collect resources very quickly. The loss of trophies is irrelevant, it is faster to farm for resources this way than building an expensive army to take on a higher level city.

The 1000-1250 trophy region is extremely ripe for "lazy farming", this is because the players there are trying to reach 1250 trophies to get the 100 gems achievement reward, and so they put their Town Hall in the center of their base to protect it, leaving the collectors on the perimeter. Farming towns on the other hand, always put the Town Hall on the perimeter so that people will kill it easily, granting 12 hours protection from further attacks - you lose way less resources this way, up to a maximum of 2 attacks on you everyday.

Edited By: Xinhuan on Sep 22nd 2014, 16:42:04
See Original Post

Furious999 Game profile

Sep 22nd 2014, 16:51:05

Sounds awful.

Wish you all joy of it.

TAN Game profile

Sep 22nd 2014, 17:09:43

Originally posted by Alin:
How much time consuming this game is ? In minutes / day - to be a competitive player and nothing more.

We have 2 tags at the moment: Earth Paradigm and MercuryParadigm.

Earth Paradigm is going to be the staple, the main core of our tags (we'll soon be making a new one that focuses only on wars). Mercury, however, is the "casual" tag. People in Mercury aren't expected to be the cream of the crop, like Earth Paradigm. If you're in Earth Paradigm, you're expected to use both your attacks during war, to actively upgrade and to continue to learn. If you're part of Mercury, it's a lot more lax.

So I would recommend you start out with Mercury Paradigm as a casual player, and if you feel you want to take a step up, then simply tag hop to Earth Paradigm.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Jack

Sep 23rd 2014, 0:21:20

I sent request to join. Please accept

kanga Game profile

Sep 23rd 2014, 15:01:35

I hope someone accepted you by now :)

Makinso Game profile

Sep 24th 2014, 12:08:18

Hope so 2.

Otherwise me and Kanga will yank some chains ;) haha.

It's good fun to play this game in an active clan, played individually for a while and quit. After I saw PDM was hogging a clan I figured I'd try it out. In the mean time I'm doing some sort of co-leadership for Kanga or something (He tricked me telling me I would get 72 virgins!).

TAN Game profile

Sep 24th 2014, 17:00:35

...did someone say virgins?

FREEEEEDOM!!!

Hello Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 24th 2014, 18:18:35

Detmer Game profile

Sep 25th 2014, 1:43:12

Originally posted by Xinhuan:

While this is the correct reason sometimes, usually it isn't. They are intentionally losing trophies so that they can farm the newbies at the lower trophy level with their higher level troops. To intentionally lose, just drop 1 troops, and surrender the battle immediately. Higher level players with access to the Barbarian King or the Queen can drop that instead (out of range of any towers) and surrender immediately without the loss of that one troop.

Lots of players employ a technique called "lazy farming", where they look for bases where the collectors are scattered on the perimeter of the base and are half-full/full, and just throw down 50-100 archers to collect the resources in them. Repeat this every 5 minutes (since it doesn't take long to build 50-100 archers) and you collect resources very quickly. The loss of trophies is irrelevant, it is faster to farm for resources this way than building an expensive army to take on a higher level city.

The 1000-1250 trophy region is extremely ripe for "lazy farming", this is because the players there are trying to reach 1250 trophies to get the 100 gems achievement reward, and so they put their Town Hall in the center of their base to protect it, leaving the collectors on the perimeter. Farming towns on the other hand, always put the Town Hall on the perimeter so that people will kill it easily, granting 12 hours protection from further attacks - you lose way less resources this way, up to a maximum of 2 attacks on you everyday.

I assumed bstrong was like bronze 3 since he doesn't have a cc yet but what you say is very true - particularly concerning when bk or aq is dropped.

SpeedWood Game profile

Sep 25th 2014, 1:45:30

why not Mars Paradigm.. :P

TAN Game profile

Sep 25th 2014, 2:44:31

We'll be forming a Mars Paradigm tag in awhile that will focus exclusively on warring.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Trife Game profile

Sep 25th 2014, 4:00:05

why not pluto paradigm, haters

TAN Game profile

Sep 25th 2014, 4:02:47

because pluto is no longer a planet. it's a fluffty piece of icerock floating through space.

#CancelPluto
FREEEEEDOM!!!

bstrong86 Game profile

Sep 25th 2014, 10:33:55

Originally posted by Xinhuan:

I assumed bstrong was like bronze 3 since he doesn't have a cc yet but what you say is very true - particularly concerning when bk or aq is dropped.

Heh, i think i am bronze 3. Most of my trophies have come from defending
The Death Knights

XI

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 25th 2014, 13:59:35

Originally posted by TAN:
because pluto is no longer a planet. it's a fluffty piece of icerock floating through space.

#CancelPluto

Pluto might be classified as a planet again, there is talk about it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/...-second-shot-as-a-planet/

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 25th 2014, 21:21:04

40,000 gold to join an alliance DA FAQ

Trife Game profile

Sep 25th 2014, 21:22:18

#CancelPluto

we're no longer friends. prepare for war

TAN Game profile

Sep 25th 2014, 22:11:08

Originally posted by Trife:

#CancelPluto

we're no longer friends. prepare for war

I fluffed Ted.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 26th 2014, 12:09:50

How many of you bought more builders? I'm tempted to buy more builders lol

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 26th 2014, 15:22:40

Well I pulled the trigger and bought up to 4 builders lol. I'll earn the last one.

hawkeyee Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 15:56:31

Another reason people will drop 1 and cancel even in bronze is because they're trying to drop to under 200 trophies. Sub-200 farming is a strategy used by many TH6s and 7s, and some 8s. Don't ask me why, but you can find lots of resources down under 200 trophies. 201 trophies won't work, but 199 will. Again, no idea why, but I've tried it and it's true. Set all 4 barracks on goblins, and by using 50-75 golbins per raid you can easily get 100k gold/elixer every 5 minutes on a good day.
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 17:31:01

Originally posted by hawkeyee:
Don't ask me why, but you can find lots of resources down under 200 trophies.

This one is easy to answer. A lot of players download the game (it's free), and try it out once or twice. So they never get past even 100 trophies, some might get to 150 and delete the game. But there's a lot of them out there, it's pretty much the majority of the accounts.

What happens is that because these are inactive accounts, they get raided, enter 12 hour protection, their collectors gain 12 hours of resources, and are ripe to be raided again, in a never ending cycle. If you don't deal enough damage for them to enter protection, then the next player comes in and takes what is remaining (since you can only get a certain % of his resources, based on TH level difference). Many farmers actually try to not deal >= 40% damage so as not to trigger protection, so that they have a chance to queue into the same town later.

Crippler ICD Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 18:47:01

i deleted my coc accont like a month ago, was bored after getting to lvl 50ish lol
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 26th 2014, 19:19:36

I got to level 48 on jungle heat, witch BTW it's what clash of clans is with different graphics, name and some add ons...
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

trainboy Game profile

Sep 27th 2014, 5:36:37

Send a join request