Verified:

Trife Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 19:33:05

Right move by the NFL - that video was brutal

ssewellusmc

Sep 8th 2014, 19:38:47

It was the decision of the Baltimore Ravens, not the NFL.

ssewellusmc

Sep 8th 2014, 19:40:20

just saw the nfl tacked indefinate suspension on top of it. Good!

NukEvil Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 19:41:08

No, this was brutal:

http://i.imgur.com/umPWdNR.gif
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

VicRattlehead Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 19:43:13

Originally posted by NukEvil:
No, this was brutal:

And that is why we shoot snapping turtles, can't have them doing that to my kids' fingers.

Boltar Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 19:46:59

your one sick fluff for posting that... sheesh

Home Turf Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 19:50:11

no whats brutal is that women can harass and verbally abuse a man, but if he takes steps to stop it, he is the bad guy. just sayin.

Also I ve neer touched a woman, though had many opportunities, and the reasons to do so. So you haters can bugger off.
HT

Neil30 Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 20:01:13

Well since you never touched a woman you must be the real stereotype, raised by 2 dads and became gay yourself.

Obviously the world is unfair since a man who answers verbal abuse with physical violence is the bad guy.... Where the fluff did that even come from????? LOL

Sep 8th 2014, 20:04:11

Originally posted by Neil30:
Obviously the world is unfair since a man who answers verbal abuse with physical violence is the bad guy

Did you watch the video? I am not justifying it, it was terrible, but it wasn't just verbal abuse. She hit him before they got in the elevator and when he knocked her out she was charging at him. That's not verbal abuse.

ssewellusmc

Sep 8th 2014, 20:07:21

a little restraint goes a long way....

mrford Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 20:12:16

i have knocked my wife out before

she needs to learn how to catch a football with something other than her face
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Trife Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 20:32:23

legend has it that zen knocked out one of his previous female conquests with a thunderous mushroom stamp to the forehead

Neil30 Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 20:39:26

Vic, Knocking someone out isn't 'taking steps to stop it'. Home Turf feels the reaction against ray rice is 'brutal', lol, what a tool.

but since you already suggested LYNCHING a black man today on the basis of one university study and because you disagree with his political beliefs Ill assume arguing with you on the internet is a waste of time. (btw, it doesn't matter that you aren't white when you make statements like that, no one cares, just white people aren't usually dumb enough to say what you said).

Sep 8th 2014, 22:06:27

Again, Sharpton isn't a man.

I did not attempt to justify Rice's actions in the least, I just pointed out a factual inaccuracy in your response.

TAN Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 22:18:50

I love how the same guys who love guns, reflexively support the police's side of events to the teeth without giving one inch of merit to any "victim," and who are by-and-by conservatives are the ones who also think it's okay for a 220 pound muscle machine (he's also only 5'8", which means he has a LOT of muscle on him to weigh in at 220lbs) to hit his 120 pound skinny fiance, even if she was throwing her weak ass punches at him. False equivalency, much? Yadda-yadda they want equal rights, so they get equally punched. That's such stupid logic. We're not physically equal.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 22:20:38

i hope that wasnt pointed at me
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 8th 2014, 22:23:02

I bet if he had shot her instead of hitting her a lot of AT would be be on Ray's side
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Boltar Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 22:25:17

hell if he shot her. he might get a movie deal

mrford Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 22:26:39

yous peoples that like to act all high and mighty moraly have the exact sensationalism that you accuse the "leasers" of having, you just do it sarcastically. it is funny
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ssewellusmc

Sep 8th 2014, 22:27:55

Originally posted by Pang:
I bet if he had shot her instead of hitting her a lot of AT would be be on Ray's side

Only if he used a weapon banned by the Geneva Conventions.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 8th 2014, 22:28:18

hahaha. Probably true
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Alin Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 22:28:59

i don`t know wtf this thread is all about but that picture with the hamster ( mice ? ) is pain cruel you fluffing heartless fluffs.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 8th 2014, 22:34:31

NFL player punched his fiancee in the head and knocked her flat out. this was already known, there was video of him dragging her unconscious body out of the elevator, and he was handed a short 2 game suspension lol. but now the video of him actually delivering the knockout punch (the punch we all already knew he'd delivered) went public, so now that everyone can actually see him punching her, the nfl and ravens decided to cut him/ban him afterall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbwTMJroTbI
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

mrford Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 22:38:30

you also forgot to add that the NFL amended its policy, since none existed, to a first time offense being 6 games, and 2nd time a lifetime ban.

there was no precedent, and with the NFLPA it is hard to get fluff done. punishments were changed. and each situation is handled on a case by case basis. there is a difference between a domestic squabble and what ray rice did, and i think everyone knows that, that is why once evidence surfaced he was suspended indefinitely.

im not sure what you would of wanted the NFL to do differently. your problem is probably with law enforcement in this situation.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 8th 2014, 22:52:59

the law enforcement was INCREDIBLY dumb on this issue.

they had a grand jury indict him and then they deferred him into some kind of program that was designed for juveniles to get a second chance or some crap like that. a program not designed for a 27 year old millionaire athlete.

this is after they must have had access to this video because they're police so I assume first thing they would do is get the relevant surveillance tape.

but also, the NFL is just stupid with how it manages suspensions overall. Punch a woman? 6 months. Smoke a joint? 1 year. The two teams in the SuperBowl last season play in states where smoking weed is legal.

Either way, Rice will probably be back in the NFL by the 2017 season. Probably 2016.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

ssewellusmc

Sep 8th 2014, 22:53:20

Originally posted by TAN:
I love how the same guys who love guns, reflexively support the police's side of events to the teeth without giving one inch of merit to any "victim," and who are by-and-by conservatives are the ones who also think it's okay for a 220 pound muscle machine (he's also only 5'8", which means he has a LOT of muscle on him to weigh in at 220lbs) to hit his 120 pound skinny fiance, even if she was throwing her weak ass punches at him. False equivalency, much? Yadda-yadda they want equal rights, so they get equally punched. That's such stupid logic. We're not physically equal.

I dont think any reasonable person would support what Ray Rice did to that woman.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 8th 2014, 22:58:35

Originally posted by mrford:
you also forgot to add that the NFL amended its policy, since none existed, to a first time offense being 6 games, and 2nd time a lifetime ban.

there was no precedent, and with the NFLPA it is hard to get fluff done. punishments were changed. and each situation is handled on a case by case basis. there is a difference between a domestic squabble and what ray rice did, and i think everyone knows that, that is why once evidence surfaced he was suspended indefinitely.

im not sure what you would of wanted the NFL to do differently. your problem is probably with law enforcement in this situation.
if they couldn't suspend him for longer than 2 games, how did they just ban him for the same incident

Sep 8th 2014, 23:00:31

"New evidence," because somehow her being unconscious and him admitting he knocked her out wasn't enough evidence and this video is somehow new. The NFL is getting a lot of terrible pub since Goodell took over, and Cuban might be right.

http://profootballmock.com/...sts-time-punched-fiancee/

ssewellusmc

Sep 8th 2014, 23:01:11

They made the initial mistake of only giving him 2 games blid. They didn't have access to the footage released today and were mislead. Now they had ammo to kick him out of league.

ssewellusmc

Sep 8th 2014, 23:01:47

Goodell is an idiot... no argument there.

Sep 8th 2014, 23:01:50

Actually Schefter has strong evidence that the NFL saw this vid in July.

mrford Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 23:03:37

pang, Gordon failed FIVE drug tests and a DUI

dont belittle that suspension to smoking a joint. he established a pattern of breaking the rules. you are much smarter than that, atleast i think you are.

rdit: and just because the 2 teams were from states where weed is legal, doesnt mean the NFL amended its drug policy. just because something is leagal doesnt mean the employer will tolerate it.

i agree that the NFL needs to lax its policies on weed, but gordon is an idiot that need to feel some consequences.

Edited By: mrford on Sep 8th 2014, 23:08:58
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ssewellusmc

Sep 8th 2014, 23:08:02

I would be pissed if they saw that video and he only got two games. I really hope they didnt see the whole thing.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 8th 2014, 23:21:14

OK, you're right mrford -- smoking a boatload of pot is as on the same level as punching two women. :p

my point was that any kind of substance abuse having a more harsh threshold for suspension than physical assaults is mindboggling. there were more guys charged/found guilty of assaulting women who were active for yesterday's games while pot heads watched from the press box.

my more subtle point is it the NFL's policies are outdated and it shouldn't be a suspension at all, at least no more than drinking alcohol is. what you choose to consume in the privacy of your home is your business so long as it doesn't negatively impact your quality of work. but that should apply to everyone, not just football players :p

Edited By: Pang on Sep 8th 2014, 23:26:10
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

mrford Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 23:26:53

Dude nobody gets suspended a year for failing a drug test on the first offense. 5 times. That is a pattern. It is no longer about the substance, it is about not respecting the NFLs authority.

If you beat your wife more than once, you get suspended indefinately.

They are working towards balanced penalties, but the situation you are portraying doesn't exist. It is false, and is sensationalism.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 8th 2014, 23:41:40

Dude nobody gets suspended a year for failing a drug test on the first offense. 5 times. That is a pattern. It is no longer about the substance, it is about not respecting the NFLs authority.

They are working towards balanced penalties, but the situation you are portraying doesn't exist. It is false, and is sensationalism.

but the changes to the NFL policy on assaults are a knee jerk reaction to the Ray Rice situation a month or so ago so the crux of your argument is wrong. Looking at historic suspensions, under the old policy the average amount of games given for domestic abuse was 1.5 games; first time offences for testing positive for marijuana averaged 4 games.

They aren't working toward balanced penalties; they're trying to save face when their poor policies get put in the public light. If this issue hadn't been on video I bet nothing gets done, much like those guys on SF and Carolina who were charged/convicted of assaults on their wives where there was no video.

PS. Goodell should be replaced by Condoleeza Rice.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Boltar Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 23:42:49

and the kicker for denver did get suspended for 4 games for alcohol

trumper Game profile

Sep 8th 2014, 23:43:11

Time for Goodell to go too.

ssewellusmc

Sep 8th 2014, 23:46:53

Originally posted by trumper:
Time for Goodell to go too.

+999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 9th 2014, 0:00:21

Originally posted by Trife:
Right move by the NFL - that video was brutal

Do you think that is the first time the NFL saw that video?

They are just trying to save their ass after the public saw it.

There is one of two ways to look at it (both don't look good for the NFL)

1. They talked to Ray took his word for it and didn't do a proper investigation: incompetent.
2. They saw the video 4 months ago and didn't do anything until the general public saw it.

mdevol Game profile

Sep 9th 2014, 0:10:33

Nope. If he shot her it wouldnt be covered by the media because they dont cover black people in a shooting unless they are the victim. See:Chicago, Detroit, DC, LA.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

mrford Game profile

Sep 9th 2014, 0:49:49

but the changes to the NFL policy on assaults are a knee jerk reaction to the Ray Rice situation a month or so ago so the crux of your argument is wrong. Looking at historic suspensions, under the old policy the average amount of games given for domestic abuse was 1.5 games; first time offences for testing positive for marijuana averaged 4 games.

They aren't working toward balanced penalties; they're trying to save face when their poor policies get put in the public light. If this issue hadn't been on video I bet nothing gets done, much like those guys on SF and Carolina who were charged/convicted of assaults on their wives where there was no video.

PS. Goodell should be replaced by Condoleeza Rice.

On legal matters the NFL has defaulted to the law. The reason Greg Hardy hasn't been suspended yet is because the legal process hasn't been completed. He has a jury court date in December I think.

Failing a drug test isn't a legal issue, it is an internal policy issue. There have long since been precedent, ratification, and enforcment of this issue.

You are asking the NFL to act like the arm of the law, or the moral police of their league. That is fine, maybe they should be, but there is a players union that fights the nfl for the rights of their players. Policy changes take a while because of this. You seem to have a hyper capable and omniscient view of the NFL that doesn't really exist.

I do not support hitting women. Infact I have beat wholesale ass on a couple occasions because someone hit a women. But you are demanding things of a league that is doing its best under fluffty conditions and leadership.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Sep 9th 2014, 1:01:23

I bet she will wash the dishes next time.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

locket Game profile

Sep 9th 2014, 1:10:11

Originally posted by TAN:

And if he didnt hit her back would you be on here ranting about how she shouldnt hit him? It goes both ways. Neither was right to do what they did. One just had a stronger arm.

Raging Budda Game profile

Sep 9th 2014, 1:39:50

the law enforcement was INCREDIBLY dumb on this issue.

they had a grand jury indict him and then they deferred him into some kind of program that was designed for juveniles to get a second chance or some crap like that. a program not designed for a 27 year old millionaire athlete.

this is after they must have had access to this video because they're police so I assume first thing they would do is get the relevant surveillance tape.

but also, the NFL is just stupid with how it manages suspensions overall. Punch a woman? 6 months. Smoke a joint? 1 year. The two teams in the SuperBowl last season play in states where smoking weed is legal.

Either way, Rice will probably be back in the NFL by the 2017 season. Probably 2016.

This whole case was bundled. I am willing to wager that the NFL and Ravens bet that no one would get actual footage of the bunch..

I agree with Pang, in these days, the NFL, media, and most people will "forget" this happened.
Your base is mine!

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Sep 9th 2014, 1:49:58

Originally posted by Red X:
I bet she will wash the dishes next time.

Get back in the kitchen Bit**
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

danzigrules Game profile

Sep 9th 2014, 1:50:31

I would have kicked her while she was down

iNouda Game profile

Sep 9th 2014, 2:58:05

Originally posted by NukEvil:
No, this was brutal:

Fuuuh.

Angel1 Game profile

Sep 9th 2014, 3:02:19

I do have a problem with the appearance that whenever a man is seen hitting a woman, everyone automatically takes the woman's side. My first reaction to these videos is, "That's interesting, I wonder what happened?" A video tells the facts of what you see on the video, but it doesn't tell the whole story. In this case, Ray Rice has admitted to being in the wrong. However, we could just as easily have seen that first video and then found out that his then fiancee had been wailing on him and he reacted once and it knocked her out. Circumstances are everything. In this case, both sides were involved in the argument and physical confrontation that occurred before the punch came, so Ray Rice doesn't get to claim self defense and should be punished fully. In other cases, where the man is being victimized (before a single reaction ends the physical confrontation), he shouldn't suddenly go from victim to abuser just because he reacted. The line between acceptable argument and unacceptable confrontation exists for men, women, and children. The line between acceptable reaction and unacceptable reaction exists for men, women, and children.

Men should never hit ladies. Women should never hit gentlemen. This is my philosophy because: The labels lady and gentleman are based upon behaviors that are lady-like and gentlemanly. The words men and women simply refer to gender.
-Angel1

locket Game profile

Sep 9th 2014, 6:50:46

Good post Angel. Just dont hit people :)