Verified:

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 30th 2014, 3:50:09

because i delete people i believe are abusing DR, so since you admitted right here on the boards that it was your goal, well that would mean you wouldn't have a country right now
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

mrford Game profile

Aug 30th 2014, 3:50:31

nubs, nubs everywhere
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 3:52:30

And not to mention- you yourself Blid said it's not beneficial doing it. I could see if i sent in game messages to someone saying hey attack me X amount of times so that my DR goes up but so i dont fall below my production.

I went from making 6mil a turn to 60k a turn for 100 turns. That's compensation. How is that abuse?
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 30th 2014, 3:52:47

Lol @ Celphi, reminds me of that retard economist Paul Krugman who actually said 9/11 was a good thing because it helped NY economically because of the new construction that would take place. Hahaha!

Do you know what is better than 85 DR and 100 turns spent recovering just to get to 20k acres? Getting to 20k acres without any of that. Every set for the past 3 years someone has done it. It's nothing new.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 3:53:11

How is that abusing DR? You still haven't explained it.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 3:54:09

And yes- i admitted it on boards before it even happened because I thought it was legal.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 3:56:13

Not to mention- every set someone is doing it. Now it's suddenly illegal because I'm going to make top 10.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 30th 2014, 3:56:20

because you are using DR as defense for 24 hours while you are grabbing others, giving them no chance to recover their land straight away, you are getting free defense for a full day, this isn't the purpose of DR.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 30th 2014, 3:57:47

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 4:02:02

Originally posted by Warster:
because you are using DR as defense for 24 hours while you are grabbing others, giving them no chance to recover their land straight away, you are getting free defense for a full day, this isn't the purpose of DR.

It's not free defense- i went from 160k food production to 20k food production for 100 turns. That's almost 1 billion cash on express. How is that FREE?

Not to mention after the period ends they can easily retal is back- So explain again how it's free?

Please explain the purpose of DR to me.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 4:04:39

Originally posted by Celphi:
the veteran player Furious999
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 4:07:20

the purpose of DR is to protect people getting farmed heavily, or to protect people in a war. the purpose is not to TRY to get into dr so you can grab freely for 24 hours, all of which you admitted to doin.g
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 30th 2014, 4:13:37

i wont bother explaining it to you celphi since you cant even work out simple figures
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

crest23 Game profile

Aug 30th 2014, 4:15:55

LMFBO! I know it would be a sad ending, lol.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Cable Game profile

Aug 30th 2014, 4:22:22

Why is this even a conversation? Its a deletable offense or its not, simple as that. I always leave my troops low for someone to GS me if I double tapped for the sol purpose of protecting my land and baiting easy DR. If the player couldn't manage to kill the other player, well second said player should ask for some help on how to actually kill a player.

All that being said I don't condone toppfeeding or its equivalent of DR grabbing, but that's up to mods to work on.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 4:33:36

[ Irrelevant ]

Edited By: Celphi on May 23rd 2015, 20:18:24. Reason: [ Irrelevant ]

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 4:34:44

i wont bother explaining it to you celphi since you cant even work out simple figures

This probably explains why you're not a mod anymore.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 30th 2014, 4:36:56

actually i still am dumbass, i retired from everyday duties due to some players getting way too personal ( death threats to me and family members ) and got tired of dealing with stupidity
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 4:37:03

Originally posted by blid:
the purpose of DR is to protect people getting farmed heavily, or to protect people in a war. the purpose is not to TRY to get into dr so you can grab freely for 24 hours, all of which you admitted to doin.g

Again, it wasn't FREE.

You see, Furious made the statement 'p.s. that my actions were a deletable offense as laughable' and you (blid) dropped the subject. Now that Warster chimed in, now of all you're back on your soap box.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 4:38:02

all i can say is, celphi count yourself lucky that im not an active in game mod anymore.

I'm the dumbass for repeating what you said.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 30th 2014, 4:41:24

notice the "ACTIVE " part, i still have all my powers hence why i still have the title under my name

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Iron Mike Tyson

Aug 30th 2014, 4:42:28

The board for vets to help you with strategy is the strategy board, just saying.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 4:42:56

Originally posted by Cable:
Why is this even a conversation? Its a deletable offense or its not, simple as that. I always leave my troops low for someone to GS me if I double tapped for the sol purpose of protecting my land and baiting easy DR. If the player couldn't manage to kill the other player, well second said player should ask for some help on how to actually kill a player.

All that being said I don't condone toppfeeding or its equivalent of DR grabbing, but that's up to mods to work on.

@ Warster
So I guess you'd delete all of Cable's countries too since he's admitting to do the very same thing. There's tons of people who do it, you just have one person at the top, who allows their personal feelings to determine if they want to delete them or not. If they like them or have nothing against them- then you're OK., but if you piss them off or he doesn't like you, then it's suddenly illegal.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 4:46:23

Originally posted by Iron Mike Tyson:
The board for vets to help you with strategy is the strategy board, just saying.

I'll have to admit you're right on this point. But lots of times players on strategy board speak in terms of primary/alliance servers. Nobody there really gives advice based on express server since it's so radically different.

Cable Game profile

Aug 30th 2014, 4:49:10

You're far from the first person to do this kind of thing, but that being said, I've never attacked other players after DR upon which they can't get back. I have just gotten DR and kept netting away with what I had. similar to there are a few people I cant retal thus set due to their DR and it would be a waste of time for my jets to be gone on them. So they're protected from my retal, but not going out farming players who've worked hard for their land.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 4:53:23

You're far from the first person to do this kind of thing, but that being said, I've never attacked other players after DR upon which they can't get back. I have just gotten DR and kept netting away with what I had. similar to there are a few people I cant retal thus set due to their DR and it would be a waste of time for my jets to be gone on them. So they're protected from my retal, but not going out farming players who've worked hard for their land.

So in other words for 24 hours on a 4 day set you don't LG anyone while in DR?

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 30th 2014, 4:53:38

Originally posted by Celphi:

@ Warster
So I guess you'd delete all of Cable's countries too since he's admitting to do the very same thing. There's tons of people who do it, you just have one person at the top, who allows their personal feelings to determine if they want to delete them or not. If they like them or have nothing against them- then you're OK., but if you piss them off or he doesn't like you, then it's suddenly illegal.

guess you cant read

all i can say is, celphi count yourself lucky that im not an active in game mod anymore.

if i was active

because i delete people i believe are abusing DR, so since you admitted right here on the boards that it was your goal, well that would mean you wouldn't have a country right now

pretty simple celphi
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Cable Game profile

Aug 30th 2014, 4:55:45

Typically I dont grab the last 48 hours of set anyways, thats when I make my money and avoid retals as best as possible. I only really grab the first 3 outta 5 days of set. Then if someone attacks me and puts me in DR when players are planning to retal im safe

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 4:57:22

Actually I get your point. And I see the difference in your strategy of using DR. You use it in the sense to create a protection from initial landgrabs so that you can produce in peace.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 5:00:03

@Warster
I can read. But you clearly directed your message at me- not cable. I'm not in your head Warster. Am I to know who you randomly select to apply your message to?

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 30th 2014, 5:02:07

you started this thread bragging about being in DR and that you were going to grab people, why would i even direct it at anyone else but you.

edit- oh BTW cable hadn't made a post at the time of my post, so again why would i direct it at cable.

Edited By: Warster on Aug 30th 2014, 5:09:41
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 5:24:04

you started this thread bragging about being in DR and that you were going to grab people, why would i even direct it at anyone else but you.

edit- oh BTW cable hadn't made a post at the time of my post, so again why would i direct it at cable.

Like I said before, one person at the top arbitrary selecting who to apply the rule to. Your tenacity was absent even when you were an active mod when I first began this game.

Remember when two people coordinated attacks on me from turn 3. There was like 200 attacks from both at same time. What did you do as an active mod? You said 'request denied'. But guess what happened 2 days later? The two players were deleted for coordination. I posted all the evidence and you did nothing. The post is still there too with plenty of evidence of two players obviously working in concert with each other; but, who does Warster attack? He decides to place the new player who didn't discreetly or covertly do something he thought was illegal- no- he announced on the boards what his strategy was (not bragging). If you haven't noticed I've stated every strategy that I've attempted every set. But you prefer to scold the new player rather than Cable who has probably been playing for awhile- knows these boards and rules- and yet you don't say fluff to him. Because, it's like what your post says from that link you gave me. It's arbitrary. You apply the rule not based on fairness or common sense but on your own personal motivation or personal feelings. That's why you haven't said anything to him. I have no idea what a retired moderator with a title under his name means---. Does that mean you're a retired cop with a badge? Or a retired soldier with his uniform on? You regulate the boards?! How about you give some insight on what's legal or what's illegal and be helpful instead of contributing to the slander of new members? Notice you went straight to calling me a dumbass as soon as you lost the ability to explain yourself. It's usually what people do when their vocabulary runs out. I understand. Don't worry., I won't call you any names.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 30th 2014, 5:30:33

when did you start playing celphi?? Jun 2014 correct??
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 5:38:35

I played back in 99, but yeah I'd say June of 2014 is when I started back up again. I signed in and fooled around for the most of August due to my military obligation.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 30th 2014, 5:51:43

well i haven't actively moderated ingame since mar 2013.

as to my status- I'm retired but on call if one of the other 2 Express moderators are on holidays or away from the computer for an extended period. I'm also available for second opinions for other moderators, i still do forum work as well.

as for the rules posts, one of them was made by Pang and the other one was quoted from a post martain made, its their rules not mine

as for this

"And this post???!

In the case of a grey area (like dr abuse or other things) we reserve the right to make judgement.

Could you be any more vague?"

is it really that hard to understand??

it means Moderators have the right to decide on what is DR abuse.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 6:11:08

[Irrelevant]

Edited By: Celphi on Aug 23rd 2015, 21:42:40

h2orich Game profile

Aug 30th 2014, 6:43:05

you got deleted because celphi not = h2o.

FUXX0R3D Game profile

Aug 30th 2014, 6:52:23

I don't really understand why this is dr abuse. Unless celphi physically put himself into dr via cheating or arranged for someone to do it (collusion.)

Country A triple taps a bunch of countries and gets GS'd the next day. Carries on netting. Circumstantially is protected from grabs for 8-12 hours. Totally fine?

Country B triple taps a bunch of countries and gets GS'd the next day. Carries on netting. Celebrates their circumstantial protection by posting about it on the forums. Totally controvertial?

So is it the act of being put into dr or the gloating about it on the forums that is the problem?

If I am put into dr now, should I refrain from netting for 10 hours to avoid deletion?

deezyboy Game profile

Aug 30th 2014, 6:52:40

i think tweaking your strategy to use the advantages of DR shouldn't be deletable unless two countries are working together.

big difference between that and leaving yourself open for DR's and then going all jetter.

it takes a skilled player to pull it off and more importantly luck, playing with fire though so i don't see how its cheating so much as it is going all or nothing.

deezyboy Game profile

Aug 30th 2014, 6:55:42

also i let my country sit until i was in 7 DR this set before i started running turns, and went all jetter until i started coming out of DR. is this also bannable? i didnt plan it and it wasnt from special attacks either. wheres the line on this?

considering being in DR or not when you take grabs is going to have an effect on your final NW in every set, one must choose to work around this in a way thats efficient, or in an inefficient manner.

sounds to me like the line celphi crossed is being as efficient as possible regarding DR.

Edited By: deezyboy on Aug 30th 2014, 7:03:02. Reason: warster wears tightey whities

Hammer Game profile

Aug 30th 2014, 7:56:33

Originally posted by FUXX0R3D:

So is it the act of being put into dr or the gloating about it on the forums that is the problem?

Gloating. Nobody likes to get hit, but once you do, you might as well make the best of it. That is where strategy takes over. However, just don't brag about it because people get offended in this war game.

Originally posted by deezyboy:

also i let my country sit until i was in 7 DR this set before i started running turns, and went all jetter until i started coming out of DR. is this also bannable? i didnt plan it and it wasnt from special attacks either. wheres the line on this?

Depends on who you ask.

considering being in DR or not when you take grabs is going to have an effect on your final NW in every set, one must choose to work around this in a way thats efficient, or in an inefficient manner.

Yep, it is strategy. If I get DT'd, etc, I am going to get my land back when it is convenient for me. This is a strategy game, and being efficient is vital. I use the same name every week and play according to my work schedule, which means I usually am ranked very low with turns on hand until weekend. If someone hits me after seeing my playing style week after week, month after month, shame on them. I'm not setting up DR abuse; I am playing the game when I have time and being as effective/ efficient as possible. I may or may not retal; it depends on what is best for me at the time. But, just because one gets a freebie one week doesn't mean he will the next.

Then, the topic of RoR is born again on the forum. It's a circle.

sounds to me like the line celphi crossed is being as efficient as possible regarding DR.

And, disagreeing with Warster. One would expect a Mod, volunteer or not, to be respectful, patient, and helpful. Not frequently reference their "power" or resort to name calling. I had the same experience, only with this one, when I started playing a year ago.

Edited By: Hammer on Aug 30th 2014, 8:02:56

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 30th 2014, 8:40:22

I am also puzzled Warster.

I have re-read the links you helpfully included. It did not occur to me when I first read them that they were aimed at what Celphi did. The first talks of both countries being deleted or sometimes one but I read that to mean that if the person putting someon else into dr (a friend say) that was deletable whether there was actual collusion or not. I didn't read it to mean that someone legitimately resorting to a gs run would be OK but someone, like Celphi, who proked it might be deleted.

Surely the evil this rule is aimed at is co-operative play. There was nothing co-operative at all in what happened. Celphi just played in a provocative way designed to gain himself and only himself an advantage.

I am also new to EE but I played intensively for a couple of years in the long ago and leaving yourself open to what were then not very damaging gs runs (short of a kill) was an absolutely routine tactic on the solo servers. I've also done it here - only to find, as Celphi has than it now has teeth. Admittedly I didn't do it to get into dr but to lure an opponent with whom I was duelling into what I thought (correctly in the end as it turned out) was the wrong use of 100 turns. But surely the motive for the tactic can't be determinative as to whether the rule is infringed or not. How would the mod know.

Well I could mount a battery of arguements here (ex lawyer, wouldn't you know it) but I have said too much already. Having read what you say I will treat this as a no no for now but I would very mch welcome authoritative clarification. The co-operative play rule is rather tricky so it could do with as much clarity as it can get. Perhaps this thread has been helpful in allowing thie point - and players uncertainties about it - to be aired.

Sorry to hear about the death threats. There are some vey distasteful people turn up on the web. Happily there is also plenty of good company as well.

PS Actually Fuxorr3d's point above is a good one (always knew that lad had a brain --- just hides it well). What CAN you do to respect this? You can carry more troops (greedy bastards that they are - at least they eat less than spies HA) to act as a deterent but then if you are gsed anyway (failed kill run say) fuxxorr3d points out you may then have to refrain from grabbing for up to 3 days - longer if someone else comes along and does a hit or two meanwhile. Dr is a pretty fundamental part of the basic game structure. It is tough to find ways to somehow work around it and still be doing something constructive. And then what about the other side of this. If a gs run putting someone into dr effectively means that to play fairly that target person is paralised while the dr lasts isn't the gs run horribly overpowered? It really is going to be difficult to respect this interpretation. As a new member I can't raise it in bugs and suggestions but perhaps an authoritative ruling could be sought there by someone. Or maybe I can PM some of the active mods.

Edited By: Furious999 on Aug 30th 2014, 9:56:47
See Original Post

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2014, 10:51:46

DR strategy is planning on taking advantage of getting hit. DR abuse is collusion with someone to put someone in DR. So if I trick people into thinking I am a big fat landfarm, and they don't realize that when they get some of my land, they won't get my bushels on the market, or my CS sites (except maybe 1 or 2), and will get less than 2% of my tech.

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 30th 2014, 11:04:23

Originally posted by Getafix:
DR strategy is planning on taking advantage of getting hit. DR abuse is collusion with someone to put someone in DR.

That puts it well Getafix. And it sounds like most of us would agree.

But not Warster. :(

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 30th 2014, 11:46:20

you are all talking about someone getting grabbed a heap of times putting you into DR and then you are protected when you retal and get fat,

This is not what celphi did, what he did was provoke someone into doing heaps of GS's on him with the sole purpose of going on a grabbing spree where people couldn't retal him straight away for decent gains and then also got the side effect of protection from random grabs and having the option to run low defense for 360 turns and then jump in defense.

This type of play is abusing a flaw in the game and shouldn't be encouraged, the admins should fix the issue but this is express not alliance so nothing will get done anytime soon.

This is why i don't do in-game stuff anymore, express players fluff and moan about issues, you put rules in place to solve the issue and then you all complain if they are enforced. i remember when JJ23 was doing such things and you all fluffed and wanted his country removed from the records
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Cable Game profile

Aug 30th 2014, 12:05:42

Originally posted by h2orich:
you got deleted because celphi not = h2o.

+20

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 30th 2014, 12:21:28

Warster we all appreciate the effort put into improving the game. This thread doesn't read like much of a moan to me.

The disagreement which the discussion brings to light is between you, who think the effect of dr is a flaw in the game and others, including me, who think it is a necessary part of the game and that if it can be cunningly employed to gain an advantage that is fine as long as no co-operation is used.

It is certanly very irritating to suffer a big grab and then find you can't sensibly retal because the country grabbing is in dr. No doubt there have been any numbr of people willing to moan about that. But not the people posting here. We are willing to suck it up. As long as the dr situation is not created by co-operation.

If a fix is found for what you regard as a flaw in the game fine. But until and unless that happens I really don't think expanding the co-operation rule to cover this situation is a good answer.

Iron Mike Tyson

Aug 30th 2014, 12:39:40

you are all talking about someone getting grabbed a heap of times putting you into DR and then you are protected when you retal and get fat,

This is not what celphi did, what he did was provoke someone into doing heaps of GS's on him with the sole purpose of going on a grabbing spree where people couldn't retal him straight away for decent gains and then also got the side effect of protection from random grabs and having the option to run low defense for 360 turns and then jump in defense.

This type of play is abusing a flaw in the game and shouldn't be encouraged, the admins should fix the issue but this is express not alliance so nothing will get done anytime soon.

This is why i don't do in-game stuff anymore, express players fluff and moan about issues, you put rules in place to solve the issue and then you all complain if they are enforced. i remember when JJ23 was doing such things and you all fluffed and wanted his country removed from the records

Wow, what a load of crap. Self aggrandizing and self righteous crap at that. Now celphi's actions are constituted as making the decision for a different player? Come off it dude, you have been called out thoroughly and effectively, stop making yourself look worse.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 30th 2014, 13:06:04

OK have it your way Celphi method is fully legit, enjoy express peeps

Edited By: Warster on Aug 30th 2014, 13:30:58
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

crest23 Game profile

Aug 30th 2014, 16:17:38

What Celphi did/is doing is DR abuse. Coordination is a different and separate discussion. He is now top feeding players that can retal him but won't get much until he gets out of DR if ever. That's why I've always proposed having competent players act as mods. This clown Warster can play 50 countries in FFA a set, every set for 50 years, he will still be incompetent. Good job.

Clown for arguing this for 9.5 hours while leaving the country to operate all the while.

Edited By: crest23 on Aug 30th 2014, 18:00:26
The Nigerian Nightmare.