Verified:

juice Game profile

Aug 8th 2014, 14:57:46

after war, people brag about all the hits they made and all the damage they dealt. This often leaves the spies lacking, since their ops aren't shown in any news feeds.

Can we get a page that keeps track of every spy op done by a country throughout the set? Then, at the end of the set, if the spy wants to be recognized for his accomplishment, he can copy that page and paste it to his clans site. Or, maybe he can then hit a link at the top, like the advisor page and send the ops to his clansite.

Hey, even in real life, spy operations are tracked somewhere and then they are found out, leaked, or destroyed. let's just allow the "leaked" part here. and the "found out" will be when the spy decides to upload/post to his clan site by his choice.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 8th 2014, 18:41:41

saved spyops does that sorta except if dies ops are gone.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

juice Game profile

Aug 8th 2014, 23:29:02

That's only the basic spy op. What I'm asking is for all spy operations, (ex. stir rebellions, cause dissension, etc.).

Marshal Game profile

Aug 9th 2014, 11:27:36

i know.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Aug 9th 2014, 20:32:17

Originally posted by juice:
That's only the basic spy op. What I'm asking is for all spy operations, (ex. stir rebellions, cause dissension, etc.).

This would be so awesome, i have to post every op done, yet i forget to for weeks :(
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

DarkReturns Game profile

Aug 11th 2014, 7:46:48

Should be pretty interesting and put less of a load on people having to post several spy operations. Or even have it trigger something to the sites that a spy operation have been done and if it failed or not. If it can auto upload spy ops, what is stopping it from registering a spy operation on the same site?

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 12th 2014, 2:31:06

Originally posted by DarkReturns:
If it can auto upload spy ops, what is stopping it from registering a spy operation on the same site?

Programming work. On both ends. Increased server load and traffic.

juice Game profile

Aug 12th 2014, 11:18:55

I'm happy with just having a page ingame that lists the ops. shouldn't be too much programming work, since we already hav a page that lists one of the ops. Just copy that page and have the copy list all the rest of the ops.

I suppose we need a database table to hold the information too.

all together, about 10 to 20 minutes work.

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 12th 2014, 14:41:40

I bet its more work than that "10 to 20 minutes". Since the change must only take effect during new resets, you also have to code in a new code version number, and have it advance between resets for the various servers with varying length. Now you also need to refactor the code that displays the spyop's result into a function that can be reused by both actual spyops and the stored op. Now add in the code that does 72 hour pruning, unless the user manually saves the stored op.

And then you need another hour to test it on the various types of servers. Some servers don't allow allies, some allow only Def/Intel/Res allies, some allow all types of allies.

Now add in proper commented code, make nice small commits, push the changes, it'll probably be more than a couple of hours to double check everything.

In fact there are current bugs with the current stored spyop code, it displays the wrong expenses, upkeep and production. It erroneously uses your government for the calculation instead of the target's government, and it doesn't display Def-Bonus. The actual spy op ignores effects of bonuses like -expenses%, but the stored spy op does, another inconsistency.

juice Game profile

Aug 12th 2014, 14:52:28

If the current spy op page did work correctly...

Set up a database that has the following fields

id - unique field
spynum = country num that did the op
spyname = country name that did the op
tgtnum = the target country number
tgtname = name of target country
spytype= the type of op done
result = the message that is posted on screen when the op is done

That's all you need.

Now, you need a simple page to grab all ops done by spynum, order by id and display each field above in a nice row.

If the original spy op page is done correctly, all the other factors you mentioned should already be completed, such as multiple servers, resetting between sets (or maybe this is done on another page that resets all dbs at the same time).

Not much need for testing, you run a bunch of different ops and make sure they show up on the page.

Also, do not delete/remove after 72 hours. These needs to remain for the whole set, unless the player wants to remove them. They can be removed when the country is dead, deleted, or the set ends.

Hell, give me access and I'll do the coding myself.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 16th 2014, 4:36:44

I copy and past spyops to OneNote. I type my calculations right on the page. I start a file for every game I play and all the ops and attack results are right there.