Verified:

Bambam24 Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 9:02:49

This looks exactly how the simular game Promisance looked right before it went extinct. The owner of the game dosn't care to expand it and put up a marketing dollar to get new players. So let me ask is this game for sale to someone who want to help it grow. Before its to late and nobody is left

juice Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 12:58:46

Would you buy it if it was and how much would you pay? Also, what would your plans be for the game?

Do you need to own the game to advertise for it?

I have personally recruited 6 people to the game over the past month. Granted, 6 isn't much, but if everyone recruited just 1 per month, we could really grow this place.

Are you looking to make a profit here, or to grow the game? If it's profit, I'm betting that you could just leave now. If you want to help the game grow, then start doing whatever you think is best and make it happen.

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 13:09:42

The game is not commercially run. It's original owner is long gone. It is maintained by and for enthusiasts.

Try it, if you like games. If you prefer money you are in the wrong place.

(edit: Or not, see below.)

Edited By: Furious999 on Aug 4th 2014, 15:31:43. Reason: to correct a mistake
See Original Post

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 4th 2014, 13:58:43

I would absolutely be willing to sell it. qz can probably be convinced now too given that he's busy.

so many people have made such overtures publicly but they always end up being some combination of:
- full of fluff
- undervaluing the game ("I'll give you $800!")
- expect the existing admin team to continue running the game ("so I get the revenue but you guys keep doing the work for free? :)")
- just want to poke around to see what we're doing ("I'm going to need to audit the code and traffic before I can go into detail about my offer"... that one was my favourite.)

so if you don't fall into one of those categories, give me a shout? :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 4th 2014, 13:59:25

also, i'm debating doing a delete all on bambam because of his signature. fyi if you see all your posts disappear; this forum is not meant for link building to non-earth sites.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Alin Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 14:10:09

If this not a question that bothers you : how much do you expect to gain if selling. I don`t need the exact amount - just tell me how many 0 ? 3 or 4 ?

bstrong86 Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 14:23:08

If this game were sold to non active earth players and or never played before types. It wouldnt last.
The Death Knights

XI

bstrong86 Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 14:23:49

Originally posted by Pang:
also, i'm debating doing a delete all on bambam because of his signature. fyi if you see all your posts disappear; this forum is not meant for link building to non-earth sites.

His sig has been that forever..lol
The Death Knights

XI

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2014, 14:36:56

And it will be for ever, haha

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 4th 2014, 14:39:28

shows you how active I am :D :p

i'm not discussing specifics of anything publicly other than to state that no one has ever had what feels like a serious discussion with us privately. so, in general, I'm skeptical. if you see posts like this, as a player, I'd be skeptical as well

qz and I can keep this going with minimal effort -- the vast majority of actual effort we are forced to put in is due to all the bullfluff drama that keeps coming up (some is going on right now, thus my semi-activity while it's sorted out).
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Trife Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 15:38:18

best i can do is tree-fiddy, a paperclip and a pair of panties worn by ZEN

Duna Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 15:44:21

I so love such things:) They are always best. How are you calculate site price? Like "i spent 1000 hours working with this game! My hour price is 100$, so the final price is 100 000$"?
It will never work such way. The price is always based on profit. I think this game makes about 1K $/year. So, it can be bought for like 2-3K $, maybe abit more, like 5K $, but you will never sell it for more than 20K$. You cant sell time spent, you can sell only profit.
Ofc you can always keep wasting time to get some bucks for beer and call offers undervaluing.

So, i just interested, how much you want to get for this game? 50K$?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2014, 15:48:02

Anything is for sale for the right price. So yes if you want to buy earth you can. Don't expect it to be cheap though.

If this site is even close to being accurate:

http://www.worthofweb.com/...p://www.earthempires.com/

It states that EE is estimated to be worth $21,036. It states that EE makes 1,980/month. I assume that is more than actual revenue because I bet a good number of users use adblock which would limit that revenue.

Regardless I would only ever feel comfortable investing 3 (maybe 4 times) revenue max for this game. My guess is that the actual value and price they'd want are far off and thus will never be sold.

Nekked Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 15:52:24

Pies PANG...SPLAT!

Pang wants enough money to retire to the small island of fire and ice!

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 16:03:52

Very hard to imagine anyone but an enthusiast spending the time to run the site let alone to pay for the privilege.

But surprising things happen.

Finding a way to make it commercial would be way beyond me.

Cornfed

Aug 4th 2014, 16:06:06

4 times revenue would be high for a declining game. 1.5-2x net would be more likely.

Why wouldn't you show them the code and traffic? If someone was coming in planning to scale it up, checking the code would be necessary to see how difficult it'd be.

Duna Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 16:12:13

Site prices starts from 4 month profit (for very risky site, wich can be closed anytime, i.e. copyright violation) to 30-40 months in case some sites, wich dont need much time, but giving very stable profit.
For game with not much players, i would give about 15-25 months, because it need alot of time to keep it working.

So, Pang, give us some numbers, wich you want to get?:)

Home Turf Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 16:51:55

I swear yall don't listen. Or understand English. WoW so many people playing the stupid game, and winning!
HT

Trife Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 17:12:55

i'm not discussing specifics of anything publicly other than to state that no one has ever had what feels like a serious discussion with us privately.

he's already answered you trolls

Hobo Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 17:41:10

I'll give you $950.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Aug 4th 2014, 19:00:02

Forum upgrade is in limbo, so we havent been able to change our sigs
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Bambam24 Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 19:13:23

I've played since 99' off and on. Nice to see you BSTRONG he was the leader of the last clan I was in DKNIGHTS. Things really went down hill since the last time I played here 2 years ago. The game is half the size and a 10th of the size when i played in 05.

The game was worth a pretty penny back when it had 10,000 players and since the new regime incharge of this place dosn't have a clue about advertising and marketing or perhaps the old regime sold out right at the decline of text based games just like they were cashing out of the stock market idk but some of these mafia games and other sci fit war games are much bigger then 10,000 players they have millions of players and its still a text based game at the end of the day so its not that the phase or era is over its the leadership and earthempires.com leadership stinks. Im not talking about the clan leaders im talking about the game leaders. I highly doubt that generic website evaluator is correct. How about selling 80% of the business and collecting 20% of the profits once this game comee backs from coma.

Bambam24 Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 19:21:35

BTW I buy cars nationwide in any city and any state is there anyone that has a junker laying around they want to sell for $200 - $300?

BTW no disrespect to you pang its not everyone job to be good at everything. You might be the best at coding and web design because somebody knows what their doing the place looks great and the game functions awesome. My job is marketing and advertising that's what I have done for the last 8 years just like you've done things i'm sure.

This game shouldn't be about 1 clans killing another clan anymore either we are the last of the surviving earth2025 and Promisance and we need to stick together and create a campaign that we all put a effort into

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2014, 19:40:40

I doubt it had 10k players, don't forget the multi factor...
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Home Turf Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 19:57:10

it was close
HT

mrford Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 20:01:01

Wasn't bam the dude that ran like 6 IRC nicks and a couple multies in DK when they were first starting out?

Dude would have conversations with himself through like 3 nicks at a time. Wouldn't even bother to use a hostmask.

I vote you sell this game to him for sure
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 4th 2014, 20:16:13

LOL, bam has multiple personality disorder, or whatever you call it, hehe.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Marshal Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 21:02:40

Originally posted by Furious999:
Very hard to imagine anyone but an enthusiast spending the time to run the site let alone to pay for the privilege.

But surprising things happen.

Finding a way to make it commercial would be way beyond me.

joltomac bought whole swirve (of course sum is unknown to us).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Hobo Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 21:03:40

We all know RD accounts for 90% of all users. The two of them.

Taveren Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 22:09:57

Originally posted by Bambam24:
The game was worth a pretty penny back when it had 10,000 players and since the new regime incharge of this place dosn't have a clue about advertising and marketing or perhaps the old regime sold out right at the decline of text based games just like they were cashing out of the stock market idk but some of these mafia games and other sci fit war games are much bigger then 10,000 players they have millions of players and its still a text based game at the end of the day so its not that the phase or era is over...

Those games all have artsy UI's and some kind of pretty graphics to go along with them. Sure, at their core, they're text based games but they're dolled up. Most of them also support micro transactions and a pay to win model. Pang has already discussed what he thinks it would take to get the game to grow again. It all requires money.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Skype: som3thingclassy

Marshal Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 22:14:44

and if earthempires would be in facebook or google+ then catching multies would be very difficult.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

bstrong86 Game profile

Aug 5th 2014, 1:13:32

Originally posted by mrford:
Wasn't bam the dude that ran like 6 IRC nicks and a couple multies in DK when they were first starting out?

Dude would have conversations with himself through like 3 nicks at a time. Wouldn't even bother to use a hostmask.

I vote you sell this game to him for sure

I asked martian to run checks on all dk countries at that time. No deletions.
The Death Knights

XI

mrford Game profile

Aug 5th 2014, 1:35:13

Lol yeah. And OJ got an innocent verdict. Regardless, my statment wasn't a slight against DK. Just a past observation of crazy.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Aug 5th 2014, 1:37:38

[quote poster=Requiem; 32588;

It states that EE is estimated to be worth $21,036. It states that EE makes 1,980/month. I assume that is more than actual revenue because I bet a good number of users use adblock which would limit that revenue.

Regardless I would only ever feel comfortable investing 3 (maybe 4 times) revenue max for this game. My guess is that the actual value and price they'd want are far off and thus will never be sold. [/quote]
Originally posted by Requiem:
Anything is for sale for the right price. So yes if you want to buy earth you can. Don't expect it to be cheap though.

If this site is even close to being accurate:

http://www.worthofweb.com/...p://www.earthempires.com/

Regardless I would only ever feel comfortable investing 3 (maybe 4 times) revenue max for this game. My guess is that the actual value and price they'd want are far off and thus will never be sold.

FWIW I EXPLICITLY DISABLE ADBLOCK FOR EARTH AND ITS BONUS SITES (EXCEPT THAT ONE WITH THE ANNOYING fluffING POPUNDERS) AND ENCOURAGE ALL WHO STILL PLAY FOR "LOVE OF THE GAME" TO DO LIKEWISE!

HA!
BILL

Bambam24 Game profile

Aug 5th 2014, 3:42:51

Anyways you all will only remember earth 2025 as a memory unless someone like me who has the money, the time, and the experience to take over. I seen it happen more then once. You are all the last of the Mohicans and i wish we could stick together rather then rubbing eachother out.

hawkeyee Game profile

Aug 5th 2014, 13:33:30

I think you're full of fluff. Eight years of marketing and advertising experience? How? Self-employed? If your resume is as poorly written as your posts, I doubt you'd get many interviews. And if you had all this money, all this time, and all this experience and knowledge, you'd know that people don't buy companies or websites by posting on their forums to the members. You approach the people running the show. And no way you'd be making such a risky investment. There is nothing proprietary about this game. If you really thought that the concept of the game were so good, you'd go ahead and make one yourself with your team of Pakistani and Bangladeshi developers that you claim to have. Why discuss buying THIS game? Why not make one yourself? Surely a few hundred people lingering around here can't add that much value to a game you believe can draw millions of users with proper SEO. You have so many holes in your story. So many inconsistencies. You throw out buzz words like you're a new graduate at your first interview. Run along and let this game be what it is.
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

Trife Game profile

Aug 5th 2014, 14:50:18

Originally posted by hawkeyee:
I think you're full of fluff. Eight years of marketing and advertising experience? How? Self-employed? If your resume is as poorly written as your posts, I doubt you'd get many interviews. And if you had all this money, all this time, and all this experience and knowledge, you'd know that people don't buy companies or websites by posting on their forums to the members. You approach the people running the show. And no way you'd be making such a risky investment. There is nothing proprietary about this game. If you really thought that the concept of the game were so good, you'd go ahead and make one yourself with your team of Pakistani and Bangladeshi developers that you claim to have. Why discuss buying THIS game? Why not make one yourself? Surely a few hundred people lingering around here can't add that much value to a game you believe can draw millions of users with proper SEO. You have so many holes in your story. So many inconsistencies. You throw out buzz words like you're a new graduate at your first interview. Run along and let this game be what it is.

#rekt

just by the dudes posts in this thread i got the feeling that he's probably just an all-talk toolbag

mrford Game profile

Aug 5th 2014, 15:02:45

i really should find my old laptop and post logs of this dude talking to himself through 3+ nicks in #earthempires. full on conversations.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ಠ_ಠ

Aug 5th 2014, 15:05:54

hey now, i'm sure that donald trump, bill gates, steve jobs, mark cuban and the like also talked to themselves with multiple nicks on IRC

it's the sign of a great businessman/entrepreneur, duh!

┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 5th 2014, 18:55:35

Anyways you all will only remember earth 2025 as a memory unless someone like me who has the money, the time, and the experience to take over. I seen it happen more then once. You are all the last of the Mohicans and i wish we could stick together rather then rubbing eachother out.

Then offer Pang a real deal and let's see if you're full of fluff or not?

Didnt think so!

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Aug 6th 2014, 17:18:57

Wow numbers are low

try counting with your fingers instead of your toes, then you won't have to bend over so far.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

THE ZOMBIES

Aug 6th 2014, 17:20:38

COUNT YOUR BRAINNNNS!

Aug 6th 2014, 19:18:11

Originally posted by THE ZOMBIES:
COUNT YOUR BRAINNNNS!

do i look like Steve Jobs? where is Drac Countula when I need him? One! Brain! One! Lighting Strike! MWA HAHAHA!

I am not the leader of the iZombie iNation. though i don't have any problem with throwing out some chum for them to chew on every now and then.

piss off short fluff.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Bambam24 Game profile

Aug 7th 2014, 6:25:45

same hawkeye destroyed promise?

Aug 8th 2014, 0:25:29

this game wouldn't have survived the 1990's if it needed vast amounts of money to run on. how about instead of buying the game, you pay each of the players $1m per year to market the game for you? you can spam us with unlimited advertisements for whatever baloney or bacon that you are trying to sell...
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Aug 8th 2014, 16:25:47

Not sure how many folks into text based games anymore

Bambam24 Game profile

Aug 8th 2014, 19:27:56

I dont need to pay you 1mil to market it for me I can do it my self for free.

Bambam24 Game profile

Aug 8th 2014, 19:29:01

I throw the westside in the air like i jut dont care

Bambam24 Game profile

Aug 9th 2014, 1:33:49

Sometimes when they wont let you wash their windows you have to throw a few bricks through the window then come back and ask a few weeks later ;)

ntmdtr Game profile

Aug 10th 2014, 18:52:49

Extends both hands at a distance of 2 ft apart and fluffs bambam24's head. This game is very near as old as the internet itself. The people who would play this game have and left. I think what Pang is saying is *all your nonsense r belong to me*.