Verified:

pkeogan Game profile

Jul 19th 2014, 23:54:08

if you max out warfare (5%) and manage to get luck to 15% in 30 days.

does this mean you have a 20% chance of making missiles?

zerozerozero Game profile

Jul 20th 2014, 1:01:57

either that or just 5.75% :p

Boltar Game profile

Jul 20th 2014, 1:02:43

I personally think it's random. I make more with 0=zero % in luck. Then those who do have some % in luck

tellarion Game profile

Jul 20th 2014, 3:26:50

Originally posted by Boltar:
I personally think it's random. I make more with 0=zero % in luck. Then those who do have some % in luck

What an astute scientific observation!

Confirmation bias is fun!

mrford Game profile

Jul 20th 2014, 3:52:31

it was very marshal esque in its complete lack of factual basis and coherent flow of thought.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Boltar Game profile

Jul 20th 2014, 4:37:55

its called an opinion, and i gave him mine.. tella, ur tag mate codes the game.. why dont u give us the right answer.. surely he should know the intention and u will find out before us

tellarion Game profile

Jul 20th 2014, 5:22:32

its called an opinion, and i gave him mine.. tella, ur tag mate codes the game.. why dont u give us the right answer.. surely he should know the intention and u will find out before us

Oh I'm sorry, were you trying to imply something? I guess it was too circuitous for my pea-sized brain to grasp.

Maybe you should ask him yourself and he will tell you. He's a pretty nice guy, ya know..

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 20th 2014, 5:26:13

Getting back to "luck", I liked what the Master Sergeant in the movie "Edge of Tomorrow" said about games of chance, that they imply that something other than your own will is involved in victory :)

mrford Game profile

Jul 20th 2014, 5:40:07

i have some logs of me talking to qzjul getting the true meaing of luck on my old laptop. now if i just knew where that laptop was.

from my FFA experience and running missilers, luck greately increases missiles. it isnt 20% though. he said something about shifting the gussian curve or whatever, i cant remember that fluff from years ago. it helps with missiles, the 10% mehul factor, booms, droughts, strikes, earthquakes, all that fluff.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2014, 19:13:06

fluff you mother fluffer

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 21st 2014, 21:19:12

Originally posted by pkeogan:
if you max out warfare (5%) and manage to get luck to 15% in 30 days.

does this mean you have a 20% chance of making missiles?

No! But 5.75% sounds about right.

I personally think it's random.

Yes, it is! It's a Gaussian function, the size of which is controlled by warfare + luck.

I make more with 0=zero % in luck. Then those who do have some % in luck

Not over enough resets!
Finally did the signature thing.

ninong Game profile

Jul 22nd 2014, 2:16:31

this thread is so deep
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

ArsenalMD Game profile

Jul 22nd 2014, 2:25:17

mooo

Viceroy Game profile

Jul 22nd 2014, 3:00:06

I'm a math retard, but by Gaussian Function, are you saying its a type of bell curve?

If so, is luck changing the size (the standard deviation I think maybe?) of the bell by making it larger or smaller?

I always figured it recentered the mean, even if it didn't alter the upper and lower extremes...
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Savage Game profile

Jul 22nd 2014, 13:23:05

I'm at 16.4% luck. I've been at 4.9xx% for most of the set. I've bounced between 1-2 for missiles. 3 days ago I made 8 in 75 turns and yesterday 0 in 100 turns.

Randomness is random

Boltar Game profile

Jul 22nd 2014, 14:45:22

Originally posted by qzjul:

Not over enough resets!

doesnt the luck % reset back to 0 after every set? no 2 sets are gunna mirror each other

Marshal Game profile

Jul 22nd 2014, 19:25:03

Originally posted by qzjul:

Not over enough resets!

doesnt the luck % reset back to 0 after every set? no 2 sets are gunna mirror each other

he meant multiple resets with bonuspoints spent to get same % of luck each set. no set is same as previous due randomness.

in ffa i've fired ~200 missiles so far and i don't even have half a percent of warfare and few sets ago with ~2-3% warfare i fired over 1k missiles.

alliance i got ~20 missiles and last set with bit better warf i fired more than 20 missiles.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

mrford Game profile

Jul 22nd 2014, 19:29:55

thanks for telling us that more warfare tech makes more missiles marshal

i think most here didnt know that.

your posts are as useful as ever.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2014, 19:34:46

Into the nitric acid mrford! (Watch out for big red missiles in there)

Marshal Game profile

Jul 22nd 2014, 20:16:18

Originally posted by mrford:
thanks for telling us that more warfare tech makes more missiles marshal

i think most here didnt know that.

your posts are as useful as ever.

learn to read, yea i said that with more warfare player gets more missiles but this set in ffa i have fired ~200 missiles and don't have much warfare and 200 is nice amount considering that i have 0.5% warf averagely (around same for whole set so far). in alliance i've been unlucky on getting missiles when compared to last set with bit higher warfare (based on last set news i fired 40 something missiles).

mrford Game profile

Jul 22nd 2014, 20:17:57

so, you ment to say that with less warfare, and more countries, you fire more missiles?

what the fluff is your point here lol.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Marshal Game profile

Jul 22nd 2014, 21:13:44

i meant that i've been quite lucky on getting missiles even basically w/o warfare tech in ffa and unlucky in alliance with ~2% warf most of set. in ffa warfare tech i have gotten is from dead targets and gs attacks don't steal resources much.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 23rd 2014, 0:48:09

"Nitration is a general class of chemical process for the introduction of a nitro group into an organic chemical compound. More loosely the term also is applied incorrectly to the different process of forming nitrate esters between alcohols and nitric acid, as occurs in the synthesis of nitroglycerin. The difference between the resulting structure of nitro compounds and nitrates is that the nitrogen atom in nitro compounds is directly bonded to a non-oxygen atom, typically carbon or another nitrogen atom, whereas in nitrate esters, also called organic nitrates, the nitrogen is bonded to an oxygen atom that in turn usually is bonded to a carbon atom.

Typical nitration syntheses apply so-called "mixed acid", a mixture of concentrated nitric acid and sulfuric acids.[2] This mixture produces the nitronium ion (NO2+)"

Wikipedia

What would aromatic nitration of mrford produce?