Verified:

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 6th 2014, 13:19:18

Before this gets into a huge debate about the relative importance of the various allies contributions to the outcome of WW2, I just wanted to pause to remember one of the rather epic battles of WW2 in terms of its scale and influence on the outcome of the war. While you could argue that by this point the outcome of the war was almost very heavily skewed against the Germans (because of what was happening on the Russian and Italian fronts at this point), it probably greatly shortened the duration of the war and I cannot imagine what would go through someone's mind while charging onto a heavily defended beach.

++martian
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 6th 2014, 14:18:22

It was impressive even just from a logistics point of view, let alone the actual invasion part....
Finally did the signature thing.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 6th 2014, 18:04:51

Cheers!!!!!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

FailDiegoFail Game profile

Jun 6th 2014, 22:21:03

usa #1

archaic Game profile

Jun 6th 2014, 22:36:51

Especially considering that the command and logistics planners fluffed it up royally, but the guys on the ground just gritted their collective teeth and powered through the hail of hell.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

iScode Game profile

Jun 7th 2014, 1:50:28

lest we forget :(
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Jun 7th 2014, 1:52:49

damn straight was impressive.

Flamey Game profile

Jun 7th 2014, 7:37:10

The whole intelligence operation to deceive the Germans into thinking that an army of 1 million was posied to invade Calais was amazing too.

Crashing a dead body into the sea near Spain with breakable codes about an invasion of Calais. Thousands of blow-up tanks on the South-East coast. Breakable codes claiming that Normandy was a diversion.

This deception convinced Hitler to keep his Panzer divisions waiting outside Calais for three days, allowing the allies enough time to secure a foothold.

iScode Game profile

Jun 8th 2014, 17:37:45

That was impressive, especially the effort they went to with the authenticity of the dead body and its cause of death.

Watched a great documentary about 4 years ago on that but cant for the life of me remember the name.

If Rommel was given his way Overlord would of failed so that operation had a massive effect on the war as a whole.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

iolair Game profile

Jun 8th 2014, 19:26:33

Not to mention that Bletchley Park (http://www.bletchleypark.org.uk) had info that they didn't want to share so that the Nazi didn't know the code was broken
nothing to see here ... move along

Flamey Game profile

Jun 8th 2014, 19:51:15

If the German generals on the Eastern Front had their own way Stalingrad may have turned out very differently; the war has so many ifs and buts.

iScode Game profile

Jun 9th 2014, 4:28:33

this is true
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jun 9th 2014, 4:50:29

Do as I say, not as I do.