Verified:

Detmer Game profile

Aug 21st 2010, 17:32:01

We retal 1:1 and only accept 1:1 retals for cross country retals.
We escalate retals on an entire tag basis in a 48 hour window. The first three hits on us by any countries in your tag to any countries in our tag will be retalled 1:1. The fourth, fifth and sixth hits from your tag to our tag will be retalled 2:1 each. The seventh, eighth and ninth hits are retalled 4:1 each. Escalation continues with this pattern of doubling for every three additional hits.
We retal RoRs double normal grabs.
We retal country to country L:L or standard escalation, whichever yields higher results for us. We only accept L:L retals for country to country retals (not factoring in ghost acres).
We use a 48 hour retal window.
If an alliance puts a country of it's own that has hit us within 48 hours into DRs and we have not yet retalled we will take the land from someone else in the alliance.
We will only accept responsibility for detaggers for 48 hours from detagging. We only hold other tags accountable for detaggers for 48 hours from detagging.

Obviously anything signed in a pact supercedes this.

Edited By: Detmer on Aug 22nd 2010, 14:37:06
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 21st 2010, 17:38:57

+ I support your retal policy.

Pain Game profile

Aug 21st 2010, 18:42:21

to be clear you L;L policy does include ghost acres or doesnt?
Your mother is a nice woman

TAN Game profile

Aug 21st 2010, 18:55:45

as i read it, it does not. we can't really retal for something we never possessed.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Detmer Game profile

Aug 21st 2010, 19:23:39

Originally posted by Pain:
to be clear you L;L policy does include ghost acres or doesnt?

As TAN said it does not. If you take 1000 (+500) we will only retal for 1000, not 1500. Likewise if we grab you for 1000 (+500) we will only accept 1000 acres in retals.

Pain Game profile

Aug 21st 2010, 19:39:14

ohhh ok. for some reason i read it as, if someone grabs you for 1000 acres not including ghost acres and you retal and only get 800, not including ghost acres (even if you got over 1000 after ghost) youll take another retal.

that sounds like a fair policy

Detmer Game profile

Aug 21st 2010, 19:42:19

ohhh ok. for some reason i read it as, if someone grabs you for 1000 acres not including ghost acres and you retal and only get 800, not including ghost acres (even if you got over 1000 after ghost) youll take another retal.

that sounds like a fair policy

We(the country grabbed) would keep going in that case. The easy way to think of it is if there are no ghost acres. We don't care what you get in ghost acres and we don't care what we get in ghost acres. Those are irrelevant to the determination of L:L.

Pain Game profile

Aug 21st 2010, 19:44:55

but you dont count ghost acres recieved in the retal as acres towards the original acres taken? i was under the impression most people did l:l that way. basically if a coutnry is 10K acres before a grab, and is 9K after, if they are at 10K or more after they retal (1 retal) it was considered L;L

Edited By: Pain on Aug 21st 2010, 19:47:02
See Original Post

Detmer Game profile

Aug 21st 2010, 20:18:34

but you dont count ghost acres recieved in the retal as acres towards the original acres taken? i was under the impression most people did l:l that way. basically if a coutnry is 10K acres before a grab, and is 9K after, if they are at 10K or more after they retal (1 retal) it was considered L;L

I don't know or care what most people do. We are treating ghost acres in either direction as freebies.

ZIP Game profile

Aug 21st 2010, 20:36:38

simple - and it has points from all sides

a 48 hr window
L:L if the country wants
1:1 to a point
escalation of hits if too many

is there such a thing as "top-feed"
and when is - kill / farm authorized, just so someone can't say i didn't know
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Detmer Game profile

Aug 21st 2010, 20:41:25

No such thing as a topfeed. The definition of a topfeed is irrelevant for L:L retals and if the country itself isn't getting the land back then the returns aren't as important.

Kill/farm is for if things get out of hand for an individual. We have no set definition for that threshold. Five attacks from a country and we'll probably think about killing it. It really depends on the nature of the hits and what we feel the country's intentions were. We don't need legalese authority to kill something if it is giving us grief.

ZIP Game profile

Aug 21st 2010, 20:45:35

nice and nice
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Detmer Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 13:48:18

Policy update:

If an alliance puts a country of it's own that has hit us within 48 hours into DRs and we have not yet retalled we will take the land from someone else in the alliance.

jdpanther42 Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 13:52:24

i like that idea makes perfect sense :)
there is no shame in being an idiot, but only if you stay one

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2010, 14:14:43

Originally posted by Detmer:
Policy update:

This is logical, and I hope you can actualy enforce it! Better get some other small alliances to band with you. Need more numbers!

ZIP Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 14:21:22

i take it that was a joke?

Detmer Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 14:34:11

Originally posted by ZIP:
i take it that was a joke?

Me or Req? I am definitely not joking.

Sir Balin Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 14:34:38

i like all elements of this policy

ZIP Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 14:41:36

Originally posted by Requiem:

This is logical, and I hope you can actualy enforce it! Better get some other small alliances to band with you. Need more numbers!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2010, 15:34:39

Nope, no jokes here.

Atlantis

Aug 23rd 2010, 14:58:03

As a heads up Rage is also using this policy currently.

OGT Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 14:59:59

so whos sucking who here? rage or pdm?

or are they just sucking each other?

Atlantis

Aug 23rd 2010, 15:00:36

Originally posted by OGT:
so whos sucking who here? rage or pdm?

or are they just sucking each other?

69 all the way.

kemo Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 15:46:17

whys it always 69? gotta mix it up with a reach around or wheel barrow in there. in fact if you can fit it into your time schedule i recommend a sandy pelican. especially for a first date
all praised to ra

OGT Game profile

Aug 24th 2010, 4:15:53

its clearly no first date kemo.. god your dumb

paladin Game profile

Aug 25th 2010, 1:11:38

TL:DR
-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?

Detmer Game profile

Sep 8th 2010, 16:07:00

So someone was seemingly confused about this.

We retal 1:1 for cross country retals.
We retal L:L for country:country retals.

Also, since people are confused, we accept 1 attack for 1 attack, so if we grab you, you can retal with an equal number of attacks of your choosing... AB, Cruise, CD, whatever as long as the numbers match up.

For L:L retals only land grabs are acceptable as the point is equal land recovery.

Detmer Game profile

Sep 8th 2010, 20:59:27

Oh yeah, another issue we had

You can declare war on our countries and we can declare on yours and that doesn't mean fluff. Declaring war only hurts the country who did it through increased expenses. It is equivalent to weapons tech that you only buy for a short period of time.

spawn Game profile

Sep 8th 2010, 21:12:43

i know this comment shouldnt come from me, but you're really asking for war imo ;)
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Detmer Game profile

Sep 8th 2010, 21:15:50

Originally posted by spawn:
i know this comment shouldnt come from me, but you're really asking for war imo ;)

I do think war might be an inevitable outcome but I am content with these policies. If these policies were peacable to everyone then there would be peace - I would not alter them for the sake of strife. I find people cling to insensible policies solely because they are comfortable with them and can't open their mind to greater possibilities which is where the discord comes into play.

Just my two cents.

spawn Game profile

Sep 8th 2010, 21:19:27

you dont have to tell me, we have the most noobie friendly retal policy of the whole server after all...
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

BobbyATA Game profile

Sep 8th 2010, 22:22:32

*declares war on a PDM country*

archaic Game profile

Sep 9th 2010, 21:40:18

To be honest, I pretty well like this whole thing except that the country:country L:L thing is obviously going to get massively exploited. When the SS retal returns 95% of the acres and the follow-up PS nets an additional 140% more, I suspect that feelings will be hurt and Jets will take to the skies. Good times.

I love the whole war-dec thing though, I have always thought that making a big deal out of a war dec was retarded. When I was in MKR back in the day, we accepted missile retals from untagged/spamtagged as long as they were within accordance with our escalation rates.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Detmer Game profile

Sep 9th 2010, 21:43:37

Originally posted by archaic:
To be honest, I pretty well like this whole thing except that the country:country L:L thing is obviously going to get massively exploited. When the SS retal returns 95% of the acres and the follow-up PS nets an additional 140% more, I suspect that feelings will be hurt and Jets will take to the skies. Good times.

I love the whole war-dec thing though, I have always thought that making a big deal out of a war dec was retarded. When I was in MKR back in the day, we accepted missile retals from untagged/spamtagged as long as they were within accordance with our escalation rates.

Well that can happen with L:L now. Something we may consider changing for future rounds is making it cut off at 90% land recovered so long as ghost acres recover the remaining 10%.

archaic Game profile

Sep 9th 2010, 21:56:18

I can see LaF adopting this policy for just that reason to be honest ;p

It would be fairly easy to do the math and play arund with strat tech and NWConst to make the original retal fall a wee bit short. This would be less likely to be done by a netter running a tight strat, but if I was war-gaining and had some cash, yeah - I'd do it just for fun.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Drow Game profile

Sep 10th 2010, 0:07:33

my personal perspective on this would be to simply cut it off at 90%. If it's a 1k acre grab and we get around 900a on our retal, I will personally consider it closed, as its near enough as to be no odds.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Acheron Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 12:02:53

I would say it depends on how big that 10% is. :)

Strife Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 13:35:06

I would not alter them for the sake of strife.

Awww you wouldnt? :/

Deerhunter Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 13:49:35

Seems like a tough policy to enforce. Hope your not making the same painful mistake LAF has made.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Detmer Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 13:57:43

Originally posted by Deerhunter:
Seems like a tough policy to enforce. Hope your not making the same painful mistake LAF has made.

How does this policy seem difficult to enforce? It is very straight forward and we have lots of jets...

PimpThang

Sep 11th 2010, 14:02:52

I think Deerhunter was trying to say other alliances might not accept your policy. I could be wrong though.

Detmer Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 14:04:43

Ah yes, the reception has not been all honey and roses, but well, jets have double value in that case... and the best part is that PDM does no feel pain. Makes it much easier to roll with the punches.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Sep 11th 2010, 22:24:01

Ah yes, the reception has not been all honey and roses, but well, jets have double value in that case... and the best part is that PDM does no feel pain. Makes it much easier to roll with the punches.
Just simplify the policy a little... dying because your policy is too complicated for most people is no fun

(ie country:country land:land but not normal land:land, tagwide escalating retals)
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Detmer Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 23:28:22

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
Just simplify the policy a little... dying because your policy is too complicated for most people is no fun

(ie country:country land:land but not normal land:land, tagwide escalating retals)

Ummmm hell no... We don't give a fluff about dying but we will play the way we want to. I am sorry if our policy is too hard for other people to understand... we don't cater to the masses.

Deerhunter Game profile

Sep 12th 2010, 4:24:15

LMFAO- Detmer- I got to respect your attitude. And i wont be trying to make any grabs on you guys next set. I can fully appreciate the way you stick to your guns, albeit tough as they might be.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Detmer Game profile

Sep 12th 2010, 4:41:11

Thanks DH. Like, we may not be able to enforce our policy to completion - but we'll die trying. If people don't like it they will have to go through us, which is of course at some point inevitable.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 12th 2010, 5:02:21

DH: what does he have to lose?

It's just a game, and they sure as hell aint netting!