Verified:

Hayashizaki Game profile

May 7th 2014, 7:31:56

I've been away from the game since about 1999 when I played in high school. It's like they say, the more things change the more they stay the same. I'm aware of some of the clans as seen on the alliance server rankings, but I'd like to learn more about these groups. I'm curious about how many established clans recruit by invitation only or have community websites with mission-statements and recruiting procedures, and which clans have certain reputations. That last bit isn't meant to stir up any rivalries. I'm not looking to ride coattails of veterans, but I would certainly appreciate learning a few tricks of the trade not already gleamed from browsing the web. I'm genuinely interested in where one could go to compare the various clans to find a good fit. Thanks in advance.

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 7th 2014, 7:46:09

It's really all about fitting your personality with a group of people similiar to yourself that makes you compatible with a clan. But what are you seeking? War or Net? Tell us about yourself. Do you like big groups or small groups? Do you like hanging out with assholes or laid back folks? Pretty much all the tags you see here are from way back than, minus a few.
That being said you can apply wherever you want really.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 7th 2014, 7:48:00

Try a set with a clan and if you don't like it apply for another tag. But if you jump around too much you will be whats known as a clan hoppin whore;)

iScode Game profile

May 7th 2014, 7:48:08

http://www.earthempires.com/...e-game-31294?t=1399436424

read my post there :)

the one thing i will say about sykos post is the part about hanging out with arseholes, thats only his impression, imo MD are a bunch of arseholes, in his opinion sof is a bunch of arseholes, its all perspective I guess :)
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

iScode Game profile

May 7th 2014, 7:49:05

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:
Try a set with a clan and if you don't like it apply for another tag. But if you jump around too much you will be whats known as a clan hoppin whore;)

like boltar ;)
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Flamey Game profile

May 7th 2014, 7:49:58

I believe all of the alliances here openly recruit any player who is willing to be a part of the group. The size and the power of alliances can fluctuate from set to set, but most of them are very old alliances with certain traditions and their own community wesites.

Regarding reputations, alliances are roughly split into warring and netting, or some that do one or the other in different sets (if the political situation allows). You can look through the history of NW rankings or find warstat threads on this board if you really want to dig deep, but you could just read this thread as alliances try to pitch their alliance to you.

I'm a head in SoF, one of the bigger alliances, and our philosophy is to defend our allies, our interests and our pride. As a result, we war 90%+ or more sets, which our memberbase is more than happy to do, because we are warmongers.

http://sof.earth2025.net/

Good luck.

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 7th 2014, 7:51:20

Actually I like quite a few people in SoF. SoF taught me alot about his game and especially warring, I just didn't like a handful of people in it.

Hayashizaki Game profile

May 7th 2014, 8:16:04

I agree that compatibility of personalities matters greatly. When I've sought clans/guilds/etc for online games I've usually pursued those that provided community more than "raiding status." To clarify what I mean by that, I've disliked being a nameless face in a sea of rotating members, and I'm not simply looking to join the "biggest and baddest" clan on the block to advance myself. Something middle of the pack would suit me just fine if that's where I'd fit best. I'd appreciate a community of people willing to mentor and nice people with whom I can shoot the proverbial fluff when I've got extra time to kill. I've always preferred the company of good-humored but respectful adults to assholes -- one guild I still frequent for another game has a debate subforum we used to joust in quite regularly, and no matter how heated the debates got we were always respectful to one another; I made a number of good friends that way.

Regarding war vs net, perhaps I don't know enough about how clans operate, but I imagine there are some members of a clan that specialize in netting and others for war -- to retal. Am I correct? I've read up a lot on techers, cashers, etc and I'm trying to feel out which style comes most naturally to me. I find I'm usually more defensive, cautious and calculated in terms of striking landfat targets and trying to avoid RoR wars. I'm drawn to playing Tyranny Techer, not because I love to war, but because of the flexibility it provides to war efficiently when I need it most. I could stand to benefit from an updated strategy since I gather much of the information online is outdated and I'm not a mathematician.

As a side note, a part of me really hopes people would RP international relations, like drafting actual declarations of war statements, attaché briefings, and the like. I've toyed with the idea because I've got a long history of playing tabletop RP games like D&D.

Hayashizaki Game profile

May 7th 2014, 8:22:20

Oh, and while I implied it I should probably be more explicit in expressing my disapproval of clan-hopping. I'm not a fan of changing scenery on a whim. I usually deliberate before I commit myself to a group because I take it seriously. I'll read the linked thread for newcomers as well as any clan links provided. Thank you everyone for the prompt and helpful responses thus far.

Flamey Game profile

May 7th 2014, 8:35:26

I can't comment on other alliances, but I asume like ours, everyone has an established active community as this game is very old, but also has players who are less active and are only playing because they've known the community for 5-10+ years. For example, the guy who founded SoF 10+ years ago is returning next set to catch up with everyone and I'm sure more old vets will return as a result. Also the chances are that all the punk-ass kids who played this game when it first opened are adults with families now.

Regarding dynamics, there are roughly two ways of playing. You can either plan to net, so optimise your strategy to get the highest nw after two months, or war, where you build up big countries and fight another alliance. When, where and who depends on politics and strategy usually. And war is about killing, not so much taking land. The way this game has developed, grabbing for profit is very difficult unless you arrange deals to take ghost acres. As a result most countries can net without the risk of being attacked if they wish not to.

But yes you're right, different alliances set up for different things and usually have strategies in place at the beginning of the set.

Alliances do declare war on this board, but its less role play and more people whining about year's old grudges. :)

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

May 7th 2014, 8:44:24

It said "fluff"
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

Marshal Game profile

May 7th 2014, 11:08:36

EE-wiki should have alliances intros.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Makinso Game profile

May 7th 2014, 11:57:31

Nowadays most of the alliances on this server stick together out of that community feeling you've mentioned Hayashizaki. We would no longer be here if it wasn't for this tight knit community. And while I agree with iscode how you think of an alliance is a matter of perspective. In the end I like 99.99% of the people in here for example iscode and myself have been at each others throat numerous of times gamewise.

Yet I still think he's a fun dude whom I can have a laugh with every now and then. (Scode DO NOT SCREENSHOT THIS! ;))

Marshal Game profile

May 7th 2014, 12:03:55

Originally posted by Makinso:

Yet I still think he's a fun dude whom I can have a laugh with every now and then. (Scode DO NOT SCREENSHOT THIS! ;))

if he could edit his signature he would add that there.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Atryn Game profile

May 7th 2014, 14:15:17

Originally posted by Hayashizaki:
I've been away from the game since about 1999 when I played in high school. It's like they say, the more things change the more they stay the same. I'm aware of some of the clans as seen on the alliance server rankings, but I'd like to learn more about these groups. I'm curious about how many established clans recruit by invitation only or have community websites with mission-statements and recruiting procedures, and which clans have certain reputations. That last bit isn't meant to stir up any rivalries. I'm not looking to ride coattails of veterans, but I would certainly appreciate learning a few tricks of the trade not already gleamed from browsing the web. I'm genuinely interested in where one could go to compare the various clans to find a good fit. Thanks in advance.

I played 99-04 in MD after coming here from their MUD, which I started on in 1993 in HS.

Alliances tend to open/close at various times. MD was open early this reset and then closed accepting new apps when war broke out unless there was a personal connection. That's fairly common for most alliances.

Also, most alliances have a login/pw protected website and various membership "levels". Both are security measures designed to allow the admittance of "new" members without risking the confidential communication of Veterans (or in MD's case, Super-veterans too). You work your way up in the alliance over time and with performance.

All alliances have assholes (literally). It is how you use them that matters (ewwww).

tellarion Game profile

May 7th 2014, 14:31:10

I can't think of a single alliance that would turn someone down these days. The overall population is much lower than before, so everyone is always recruiting.

As far as playing a 'flexible' strat, you're basically either warring or you're netting. Or you're wargaining(netting in preparation for a war later in the set). You generally will not be going back and forth. That being said, many larger alliances have some sort of kill squad who will kill off suiciders if needed, but they are still expected to perform well netting-wise(so as not to drag the whole alliance's average down).

And now my own pitch! Evo is a small-medium sized alliance that focuses primarily on netting. While we often take several of the top 10 spots each round, our strength lies in winning average networth the majority of sets that we net. We believe more in pulling up our lowest member than maxing out our highest member. We are very laid back and have a small but active community from all over the world, so there are usually a few people hanging around to chat at all hours. So if netting is your thing, feel free to give Evo a shot.

http://www.evolution2025.com/application.php

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 7th 2014, 15:32:04

I NEVER ACCEPT ANYONE!!! :P

j/k

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Boltar Game profile

May 7th 2014, 15:42:14

i would never hav thought id seen the day someone quoted a few lyrics of the band Cinderella

Omega Recruiting

May 7th 2014, 16:05:36

Your will is tested constantly. At the end all you have to consider is how
did you perform. Did you persist until the obstacle was conquered? Did you
surrender?

Your allegiance is tested constantly. At the end all you have to consider
is your fidelity. Did you stick with your partners through the adversity?
Did you leave them to fend for themselves?

Your intellect is tested constantly. At the end all you have to consider is
your ability to grow. Did you expand your knowledge? Did you ignore the
lesson?

Your strength is tested constantly. At the end all you have to consider is
your power. Were you strong enough? Were you too weak?

Your honor is tested constantly. At the end all you will have left is your
name. Did you conduct yourself morally? Did you abandon your principles?

Omega is the end.
(also a very, very expensive wrist-watch)

-We are recruiting for new members who have the will to succeed.

-We are recruiting for new members who remain faithful to their team.

-We are looking for players who are smart enough to know that they need
to keep learning.

-We are looking for players who are strong.

-We are looking for players who are honorable.

If you think you meet these requirements and you are looking to for a new home
You can apply to Omega at:
http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...lication.php?clanID=Omega

At the end there will be the Omega. We have been around for a good long
time. We will succeed. We are the embodiment of "all for one, one for all".
We are smart. We are strong. We are honorable. At the end, there will be
the Omega.

We pride ourselves on being a good place to learn how to play the game, and a place where you can just play.

the omega recruitment

SAM_DANGER Game profile

May 7th 2014, 16:40:32

HYASHIZAKI!

WELCOME BACK! YOU WILL NOW BE ASSAULTED WITH AN ENDLESS PARADE OF BLAH BLAH AND YADDA YADDA FROM ALMOST EVERY CLAN ON THIS SERVER.

THERE IS ONLY ONE THING THAT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO REMEMBER. ALL OTHER CLANS FEAR THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS, NO MATTER HOW THEY MIGHT TRY TO CONVINCE YOU OTHERWISE.

THE OTHER ONLY ONE THING THAT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO REMEMBER IS THAT TELLARION IS WRONG. ALMOST ALWAYS! AT LEAST 8% OF THE TIME! AS AN EXAMPLE, WE GIVE YOU THIS:

Originally posted by tellarion:
I can't think of a single alliance that would turn someone down these days.

THIS IS, OF COURSE, WRONG! YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT FROM THE FACT THAT WE TOLD YOU WE WERE USING IT AS EXAMPLE OF TELLARION'S WRONGNESS. HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT?

THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! HAS REJECTED MORE PROSPECTIVE SUPPLICANTS THAN WE HAVE ACCEPTED. HERE! READ SOME TESTIMONIALS FROM SATISFIED REJECTEES!:

"Getting rejected by THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! is the best thing that has ever happened to me. It has changed my life forever" - AngryDan

"I wanted to join THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]!, but they said I was a pathetic, hopeless crybaby. Thanks to them, I've been working on improving myself, and no longer cry regularly. Thanks, MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]!" - Boehnerizer11

"Thanks to being kicked out of THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]!, I no longer have to deal with the pressures of running for major office" - CarlosDanger

"Those guys are jerks!" - Anonymous

"Sam was so strong. And handsome!! It gave me chills when they rejected me." - JulieFlowerPower5

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN THE RANKS OF THE REJECTED, CONSIDER YOURSELF ALREADY ADDED. YOU DON'T NEED TO DO ANYTHING AT ALL.

YOU'RE WELCOME!

HA!

SAM
HEAD OF RECRUITMENT,
THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]!

JIM_DANGER Game profile

May 7th 2014, 17:16:15

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY, ITS BETTER THIS WAY. NOT BEING REJECTED BY THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! HAS CAUSED ME NOTHING BUT HEARTACHE, FEVER, HEADACHE, GENERAL WEAKNESS, INSOMNIA, ANXIETY, CONFUSION, SLIGHT OR PARTIAL PARALYSIS, EXCITATION, HALLUCINATIONS, AGITATION, HYPERSALIVATION, DIFFICULTY SWALLOWING, AND HYDROPHOBIA.

CONGRATULATIONS ON JOINING THE RANKS OF THE REJECTED! YOU SHOULD BE RECEIVING YOUR CERTIFICATE AS SOON AS WE CATCH ONE OF THE PIGEONS.

JIM_DANGER
PIGEON WRANGLER
THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]!

Hayashizaki Game profile

May 7th 2014, 17:35:45

As far as playing a 'flexible' strat, you're basically either warring or you're netting. Or you're wargaining(netting in preparation for a war later in the set). You generally will not be going back and forth.

Would a Tyranny Techer that buys military with tech profits be considered a wargaining, a netter, or an unoptimized netter due to mixing pursuits?

Hayashizaki Game profile

May 7th 2014, 17:40:17

Originally posted by Boltar:

i would never hav thought id seen the day someone quoted a few lyrics of the band Cinderella

If I did it was purely coincidental, but what lines were they?

tellarion Game profile

May 7th 2014, 17:46:41

As far as playing a 'flexible' strat, you're basically either warring or you're netting. Or you're wargaining(netting in preparation for a war later in the set). You generally will not be going back and forth.

Would a Tyranny Techer that buys military with tech profits be considered a wargaining, a netter, or an unoptimized netter due to mixing pursuits?

Tyranny is the preferred start for techer, which can be a very strong netting strat if played well. It just takes a lot of effort, good market conditions, and a bit of luck. Any type of landtrading strat has a better chance of achieving a higher finish and doesn't require as much effort to place highly.

Techers are also strong early-mid war countries, but are subject to the market, so if there are some big wars early on, the market is going to suck for all techers :/

Hayashizaki Game profile

May 7th 2014, 17:47:38

Sam,

I can't fully describe the sensation, but I definitely had goosebumps reading my preemptive-rejection. Thank you, THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER], for the memorable "prejection" for I will cherish it always.

Edited By: Hayashizaki on May 7th 2014, 18:00:53
See Original Post

Flamey Game profile

May 7th 2014, 18:26:42

Tyranny techer is a good strat for both. The whole idea is to stock as much resources as you can, while being on the lowest military possible (because millitary raises losses due to expenses). You then use that stock to buy military and fight during war... or if your netting you buy lots of military with your stock to finish a high nw.

Techer also has the advantage of making missiles and optimising war techs.

Anonymous

May 7th 2014, 19:41:26

For the record I never called THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! jerks.

Boltar Game profile

May 7th 2014, 20:36:49

The more things change
The more they stay the same
Everyone's your brother till you turn the other way
The more things change
All we need's a miracle to take us all away from the pain

Hayashizaki Game profile

May 8th 2014, 1:05:01

The more things change
Everyone's your brother till you turn the other way
The more things change
All we need's a miracle to take us all away from the pain

Ah, now I see what you were referencing. I was quoting Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr, but it's altogether likely I heard it first from Kurt Russel in "Escape from L.A.", haha.

flgatorboy89 Game profile

May 8th 2014, 1:23:18

Come join us in SoL, you can hang out in our irc channel to check us out.
sol.ghqnet.com
irc- us.scourge.se #sol
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Ruthie

May 8th 2014, 1:50:53

I led an alliance for over 10 years, so after E2025 shut down, I decided to just have some fun. I have played in a lot of tags the past couple years and had a good time in most of them.

But so far MD has been my home the longest. Great bunch of people and I have no plans to move on anytime soon.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

keivisuaL Game profile

May 8th 2014, 1:50:57

Come to LaF and you'll never leave.
Innocence is something we all forget. I haven't quite, I'm naive.

Boltar Game profile

May 8th 2014, 2:04:39

i still say join LCN, its fun.. and we make fun of trife

The Cloaked Game profile

May 8th 2014, 2:20:33

LaF is the best alliance at both netting and war. A good chunk have been in the alliance for atleast a decade. As someone who has played maybe 15 sets im a newcomer to laf.

Though ive played this game on and off for 16-years. More then half my life.

Regardless of the strat you want to play we have the people to show you how to rock it. Though the fast tyr-tech market whore is a specialty of LaF. Though because of its difficulty we dont normally have new people play it.

all alliances openly recruit. I think we still interview, but no one turns down news players out of hand. Not even LaF. And, as I said before, we are the best.

apply at http://www.lafamiglia.org

SAM_DANGER Game profile

May 8th 2014, 2:36:54

i still say join LCN, its fun.. and we make fun of trife

IF YOU GUYS GET CERBERUS TO JOIN AS WELL, THEN COUNT ME IN! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE TRIFE AND CERB IN THE SAME ALLIANCE!

*disclaimer: this post was made under the influence of alcohol, and the writer should in no way be held to what he or she has written.

hsifreta Game profile

May 8th 2014, 2:38:56

join Wild Bunch, they need help against iMag.

Colonel Chaos Game profile

May 8th 2014, 2:56:55

^^ LOL james
Colonel Chaos
SOL FR Commander

irc.scourge.se -> #solfr
--------------------
“Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.”
― Isaac Newton

flgatorboy89 Game profile

May 8th 2014, 5:04:38

they need alot of help james