Feb 26th 2014, 22:29:36

I'm fully certain this will work...

Angel1 Game profile

Feb 26th 2014, 22:30:21

Well, he can't go any slower.
-Angel1

braden Game profile

Feb 26th 2014, 22:35:07

i thought he had, and the most recent issue was.. nebraska(?) judge overruled some sort of previous ruling, stalling it? i don't know.. i just hope we don't end up selling the oil to china :(

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 27th 2014, 0:30:58

Originally posted by Angel1:
I am! http://wh.gov/lE5Ib

Tell Obama to make a decision already!

Good luck!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Trife Game profile

Feb 27th 2014, 0:45:46

internet petitions

prayer

which is more effective? discuss

matate99 Game profile

Feb 27th 2014, 1:14:51

Originally posted by braden:
i just hope we don't end up selling the oil to china :(

Where did you think it was going to go? The US is the world's largest exporter of gasoline. Over 60% of the crude from Alberta and North Dakota is exported. And where do you think it's heading. Hint, a massive country in an economic expansion where a middle class wealthy enough to own cars is being born....

Bonus.

braden Game profile

Feb 27th 2014, 1:31:15

fair, but we export it through said pipeline to america, for them to export it then to china?

and surely with such a massive infrastructure, they'll be buying (they being the chinese) boatloads from the middle east as is, as well?

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 27th 2014, 4:40:08

Obama doesn't give a rat's ass about the pipeline. It will bring jobs and jobs make people money, and that is NOT what he wants.

It's harder to oppress a people when they can buy ammunition.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Atryn Game profile

Feb 27th 2014, 13:08:28

The point of the pipeline is to get it to US refineries. Where it goes from there is a market decision.

I'm sick of the pipeline issue, especially the environmental front of it. Why the environmental movement is focused on the U.S. pipeline decision instead of taking the Canadians to task for developing it in the first place is beyond me...

Look at this, for example, a Canadian comes to D.C. to explain why we should stop the pipeline due to the negative health effects being seen in Canada..... I mean, WTF. Maybe he should be talking to his own government!!!

http://globalnews.ca/...-oilsands-health-effects/

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 27th 2014, 13:56:20

China is going to buy the oil.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 27th 2014, 14:38:09

it still has only 1 vote...
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Trife Game profile

Feb 27th 2014, 15:22:27

Originally posted by Cerberus:
Obama doesn't give a rat's ass about the pipeline. It will bring jobs and jobs make people money, and that is NOT what he wants.

you're so retarded it hurts

Angel1 Game profile

Feb 27th 2014, 16:29:46

Originally posted by iZarcon:
it still has only 1 vote...

At least I've done something.
-Angel1

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 27th 2014, 23:57:39

meh, we'd be better off diversifying our petro exports away from the US anyway, and better to get the world market price.

Kinder morgan and Canada east pipelines will go through (and the way things are going, they'll probably both be approved before the keystone decision is made)

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2014, 2:01:55

You must be riding on the liberal lemming bandwagon, Trife.

You know it's been proven that liberalism is a mental disorder.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2014, 2:08:46

LOL!!!!

+10
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

blid

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2014, 2:48:25

I clicked that link to the petition and it says

SIGNATURES NEEDED BY MARCH 28, 2014 TO REACH GOAL OF 100,000

TOTAL SIGNATURES ON THIS PETITION
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

BLUEEE Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 22:26:25

tis true.

iScode Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 22:26:51

YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!!!!!

where you been fella? not in prison i hope :(
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

braden Game profile

Feb 28th 2014, 22:32:36

Originally posted by Requiem:

bare with me, please- but canada will sell the raw or crude or whatever you call it, down to america.. america will refine it, turn around and sell it to china?

while, at the same time, importing crude/refined/whatever from the middle east.. ?

i understand you not teaching me global business trade, but dare i ask for a website that might? there's only so much i can glean from fox news (which kind of maybe only focuses on the issue of LOST JOBS FOR AMERICANS, OBAMA HATES AMERICANS WORKING..)
right, so to avoid that aspect of the conversation, anybody have anything?

tellarion Game profile

Mar 1st 2014, 11:35:40

Cerberus, ammo is cheap as fluff. I'm not sure what you're talking about...

Atryn Game profile

Mar 1st 2014, 17:14:25

bare with me, please- but canada will sell the raw or crude or whatever you call it, down to america.. america will refine it, turn around and sell it to china?

while, at the same time, importing crude/refined/whatever from the middle east.. ?

i understand you not teaching me global business trade, but dare i ask for a website that might? there's only so much i can glean from fox news (which kind of maybe only focuses on the issue of LOST JOBS FOR AMERICANS, OBAMA HATES AMERICANS WORKING..)

http://static6.businessinsider.com/...-next-up-is-indonesia.jpg

This resource is a bit old, but you'll find lots of great info in it... Page 11 in particular starts to talk about refining. Keep in mind that a lot has changed since 2005, but the basics are useful:

http://www.api.org/...lgas/upload/oilprimer.pdf

Some of the key takeaways are that there are MANY markets at work here. Various type/qualities of crude oil, various types/qualities of refined oil, further markets in petroleum based products. Add on the changing transportation system/market, changes in regulatory/taxation over time and the fact that many of these deals are long-term contracts...

And yes, you end up with a system where a company may have a 15-year contract to import something to country A (maybe they don't have their own crude supply, i.e. not vertically integrated) while company B is also exporting something similar under another deal (maybe they are a vertically integrated crude supplier with periodic excess crude vs. refining capacity). What is appropriate on the spot market at any given time is not directly related to the import/export levels of longer term deals, etc.

I am vastly oversimplifying it, of course, as this is one of the most valuable and strategic business and political markets in the world. We didn't even go into the pure politics side of it...

More resources:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/...ergy/crude-oil-market.htm

oh, and here's one I didn't even read because OMG it gets more technical than I care for. (i.e., I'm lazy):

http://www.oxfordenergy.org/...em-BassamFattouh-2011.pdf

Unsympathetic Game profile

Mar 1st 2014, 18:38:39

The pipeline will create zero jobs.
The pipeline will not be maintained at all, because that would cost money.

When the pipeline breaks [not if], the crude will seep into the Ogallala aquifer, the chief resource in the midwest for our farmland.
When the pipeline breaks, the company responsible for the cleanup will not fund it with the dollars they "assert" they will spend to legislatures in order to achieve passage.

Creating energy is a nasty business. But pipeline operators must be held to significantly stricter regulation and oversight than they are now.

Until those regulations are in place and judges are willing to issue multi-million dollar fines because of them, keystone is a bad idea.

lostmonk Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 12:21:48

Maybe they are a bit more worried about Ukraine right now?
Done.

Makolyte Game profile

Mar 2nd 2014, 14:59:19

I don't understand why they'd build a pipeline to transport the stuff when they can just zip it up and email it. God...
--------------------------------------------
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 3rd 2014, 0:03:54

You are hurting my brain.

If he doesn't want people to have money, why is he attempting to raise the minimum wage?
Finally did the signature thing.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 3rd 2014, 0:06:02

Further to Atryns reply, the US is the largest refiner in the world; you guys export a lot of refined product (gasoline even):

United States of America

The United States possesses the biggest refinery capacity in the world with 139 operating refineries as of January 2013. Its refinery capacity stood at 17.38 million barrels per day at the end of 2012, accounting for approximately 18.8% of the world's total refinery capacity. The refinery throughput of the country during 2012 averaged at 15 million barrels a day (Mbd).

Texas accounts for about a quarter of the country's refinery capacity with 27 refineries operating in the state, followed by Louisiana with 19 refineries and California with 18 refineries. Port Arthur and Baytown refineries in Texas and the Garyville refinery in Louisiana are among the top 10 largest oil refineries in the world.
Finally did the signature thing.

DonKarnage Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 2:11:52

This is as good of a thread as any to add this comment to:

bonus.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 3rd 2014, 2:20:14

Originally posted by Unsympathetic:

When the pipeline breaks (not if), the crude will seep into the Ogallala aquifer, the chief resource in the midwest for our farmland.
When the pipeline breaks, the company responsible for the cleanup will not fund it with the dollars they "assert" they will spend to legislatures in order to achieve passage.

Creating energy is a nasty business. But pipeline operators must be held to significantly stricter regulation and oversight than they are now.

Until those regulations are in place and judges are willing to issue multi-million dollar fines because of them, keystone is a bad idea.

You have to examine the counter factual.
In this case the counter factual is rail. If the pipeline doesn't get built then the oil will be transported by rail instead, this is well known.

Rail is statistically far less safe and spills far more oil per barrel transported than pipelines.

Seems silly to me to block pipelines on the basis of safety when they are the safest mode of transport.

Edited By: qzjul on Mar 3rd 2014, 5:40:37
See Original Post

Detmer Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 2:31:39

Originally posted by Atryn:

http://static6.businessinsider.com/...-next-up-is-indonesia.jpg

This resource is a bit old, but you'll find lots of great info in it... Page 11 in particular starts to talk about refining. Keep in mind that a lot has changed since 2005, but the basics are useful:

http://www.api.org/...lgas/upload/oilprimer.pdf

Some of the key takeaways are that there are MANY markets at work here. Various type/qualities of crude oil, various types/qualities of refined oil, further markets in petroleum based products. Add on the changing transportation system/market, changes in regulatory/taxation over time and the fact that many of these deals are long-term contracts...

And yes, you end up with a system where a company may have a 15-year contract to import something to country A (maybe they don't have their own crude supply, i.e. not vertically integrated) while company B is also exporting something similar under another deal (maybe they are a vertically integrated crude supplier with periodic excess crude vs. refining capacity). What is appropriate on the spot market at any given time is not directly related to the import/export levels of longer term deals, etc.

I am vastly oversimplifying it, of course, as this is one of the most valuable and strategic business and political markets in the world. We didn't even go into the pure politics side of it...

More resources:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/...ergy/crude-oil-market.htm

oh, and here's one I didn't even read because OMG it gets more technical than I care for. (i.e., I'm lazy):

http://www.oxfordenergy.org/...em-BassamFattouh-2011.pdf

The first part of the first main point of your first link, "First, crude oil and petroleum products are global commodities" is the most important key concept that so many people do not understand.

Detmer Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 2:33:32

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:

When the pipeline breaks (not if), the crude will seep into the Ogallala aquifer, the chief resource in the midwest for our farmland.

You have to examine the counter factual.
In this case the counter factual is rail. If the pipeline doesn't get built then the oil will be transported by rail instead, this is well known.

Rail is statistically far less safe and spills far more oil per barrel transported than pipelines.

Seems silly to me to block pipelines on the basis of safety when they are the safest mode of transport.

It is also worth noting that the US does not have sufficient rail infrastructure to handle significant increases in oil transportation. Lines will be super clogged. Passengers will suffer first.

Edited By: qzjul on Mar 3rd 2014, 5:41:02
See Original Post

Trife Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 2:53:13

i don't care what deserters think :)

Trife Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 2:54:53

Originally posted by tellarion:
Cerberus, ammo is cheap as fluff. I'm not sure what you're talking about...

also this.

apparently the tea party members haven't mastered the whole 'buying things of the interwebs' thing yet

grumpy Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 4:07:17

I guess you havent heard, hes a wiosshy washey person who thinks he has power but dosn't know how to use it

grumpy Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 4:07:28

grumpy Game profile

Mar 3rd 2014, 4:07:59

FailDiegoFail Game profile

Mar 5th 2014, 1:11:57

first youll have to have to get a petition through to get his head out of his ass, and the EPAs head out of their collective asses, cuz that fluff is being drilled but whether its china or us who get the fluffin oil is up to them

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 5th 2014, 1:15:24

To me the issue isn't a pipeline per se but the chosen route for the pipeline...
Train/Truck to ship is much more dangerous:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 5th 2014, 1:22:43

Where do you get off calling me a deserter, Trife? I freakin' served, boy. I was punchin holes in the ocean while you were still flufftin yella.

Patience Game profile

Mar 7th 2014, 20:38:54

You haven't got a freakin' clue what you're talking about. Who are you anyway... Robert Redford?

I work for TransCanada. I know the facts. Not only is this the safest design in the history of pipelines, but maintenance is paramount. If you'd get your head out of your ass long enough to do a little research and report FACTS instead of CRAP, you'd know that this pipeline will create TENS OF THOUSANDS of jobs in the U.S. immediately, and many of those jobs will be around for years into the future.

You would also know that a new route has been proposed around the Ogallala aquifer, and that the route has been accepted by just about everyone but Robert Redford, Daryl Hannah, and, apparently, YOU.

If you can't take the time to research and speak about it intelligently, then keep your head in your ass where at least you'll be muffled and unable to do any more harm to this proposal, which has already somehow become the whipping boy for every environmental cause in the damned free world.

Edited By: qzjul on Mar 7th 2014, 20:49:04. Reason: baaad []
See Original Post
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 8th 2014, 1:16:22

TBH, if you're going to get a pipeline built in the US you'll definitely want Canadians building it. We will take better care of your country than any American/British energy company would.

<3
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Makolyte Game profile

Mar 8th 2014, 1:22:05

Originally posted by Pang:
TBH, if you're going to get a pipeline built in the US you'll definitely want Canadians building it. We will take better care of your country than any American/British energy company would.

<3

I thought Canadians were evil incarnate, hell bent on spreading Canadian Bacon and hockey.
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 8th 2014, 1:41:31

Originally posted by Makolyte:
Originally posted by Pang:

<3

I thought Canadians were evil incarnate, hell bent on spreading Canadian Bacon and hockey.

Wait, what did you think we're going to send down the pipeline?? Oil?? hah!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Mar 8th 2014, 2:38:58

I knew you guys had a secret agenda.
Now it is all clear

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 8th 2014, 5:07:35

Originally posted by qzjul:

You are hurting my brain.

If he doesn't want people to have money, why is he attempting to raise the minimum wage?

To put more people out of work, of course, qz. Sorry that such lofty concepts hurt your brain, it will lessen if you start training your brain to actually think instead of just parroting the liberal lemming agenda.

grumpy Game profile

Mar 10th 2014, 2:37:28

the minium wage thing is just a pawn in the game of the haves and have nots. he has and dont really care about the have-nots. except if your a young minioral person of which he is taking a personal intrest in to see that they get ahead in this world. So screw everyone else.

grumpy Game profile

Mar 10th 2014, 2:38:06

he got his so what does he care.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 10th 2014, 3:22:42

I really hope Cerberus doesn't actually believe the stuff he says and is doing a Stephen Colbertesque schtick....
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 10th 2014, 4:06:34

Pang: I want a maple syrup pipeline from Canada...