Verified:

egersh

EE Patron

Feb 26th 2014, 6:29:54

On alliance, I've been seeing consistently low ghost acres for countries where I thought they would be just coming out of their third hit in the past 24 hours, meaning ghost acres should be multiplied by 1. My current understanding of ghost DR is as follows (And I have not for the life of me been able to find any information to the contrary): The amount of hits in the past 24 hours corresponds to the following ghost DR multiplier: 1 1 1 .8 .8 etc.

However, I've made multiple hits on countries that were supposed to have just come out of ghost DR (having 2 hits or less in the past 24 hours), which judging from the returns clearly still had diminished ghost acres. For example, I had a target country which had 3 hits on it in the past 24 hours, so I waited until just enough time had passed so that it then only had 2 hits on it in the previous 24 hours, which should have meant full ghost acres. Instead, I have seen multiple times where this exact scenario resulted in .7-.8 times as many ghost acres.

I can provide several specific example of this if requested.

So I'm thinking that Ghost DR has been changed to a curve like I know normal DR was, but I can't find any information that says this in the forums or anywhere else. So is there any way that we could get the new formula for Ghost DR returns? Or is this truly a bug?

TL;DR: Ghost acres are not returning what should be expected according to my understanding of ghost DR. Any chance we can get a formula for it?

Edited By: egersh on Feb 27th 2014, 6:03:13
See Original Post

tellarion Game profile

Feb 26th 2014, 7:05:36

Dr was changed to reduce based on a halflife rule, and also depends on how much the attacker over sends by. Check the announcement forum.

egersh

EE Patron

Feb 26th 2014, 9:36:05

I know the exact post you are referring to, and when I tried plugging in the numbers, the DR_MULTIPLIER never even hit .9. My ghost acres multiplier for several attacks in the above scenario is around .65-.7, and actually doesn't appear to be affected by oversending, though I only did that once and the result was virtually identical. Further, my raw acres grabbed has been literally and completely unaffected, as I'm able to predict that with 98+% certainty when boxcar identifies DR as <=1 (possibly 2, haven't checked that), assuming 95% perfect NW match which as per the forums is .068*TargetLand*MilStrat(*GovBonus for Tyranny, though I haven't tested that).

So it seems that the DR formula is different for raw acres grabbed and ghost acres. Which is why I'm inquiring here. Or I'm making some other simple mistake, but what you suggested doesn't really clear up my problem as far as I can tell. Maybe you/someone could be more specific?

Edited By: egersh on Feb 26th 2014, 9:44:08
See Original Post

egersh

EE Patron

Feb 26th 2014, 13:00:40

Something else I'd like to add to my inquiry:

I am drawing these numbers based off the presumption that the normal base ghost acreage is roughly LandGrabbed*.55 for Dict, and LandGrabbed*.41 for all others, which is consistent with the Dict GA bonus (.41*1.33=~.55). I got these numbers by looking at hits that other countries made towards the beginning of landtrading on countries that had never been hit so that DR would not be a factor. Since I came to these two numbers independently and they were consistent with the Dict bonus, I assumed they were correct. I did notice however that ghost acres could go above .55 for Dict, in some cases as high as .57, and I ccouldn't account for the variation.

So if the formula for how ghost acres are calculated in the first place, in addition to the GA DR Multiplier, could be explained to me, I would appreciate that as well.

Unless this is a bug, which is of course why I posted this here, and totally not because I didn't know where else to put it :)

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 28th 2014, 5:56:56

RE: TITLE

Solved in IRC :)
Finally did the signature thing.