Verified:

Xelah Game profile

Feb 18th 2014, 15:00:11

This game is showing its age. Some pages are just clunky.

1) The Military page.
Yeah, it shows readiness and when brigades will be back from their PS hits, but is otherwise useless. Is there any reason it cannot be merged with the attack screen? Just add another column to the left that has a box showing how many units are resting and when they will return.

2) In-game communications.
This is terrible. There is no other way to describe this. Can we get a proper inbox that sorts messages by sender and keeps track of our replies? It is a pain in the ass to communicate with other players on solo servers, especially if I ask several players something different each and one of them replies with "yes." and I've forgotten what I needed that person for.

3) Merge the Explore and Build Screens
Pretty much all openings start with Build. Explore. Build. Explore. Lather Rinse Repeat. I think it would be beneficial to have an exploration box on the Build screen and just trash the explore screen all together.

4) Merge the Manage and Advisor Screens
Make government selection a drop box on the advisor screen and have boxes there to adjust tax and production. One less page.

5) The spy screen
If the merging the military and war room screens works out, how about slicing off a small section of the page for hostile spy ops. Switching tabs for different functions in a single game is so circa 2004, and actually have it capable of remembering a target other than the one we are attacking with the military.

That's all I have for the moment, but I think this will be beneficial as long as the "OMG YOU CHANGED IT?! IT IS RUINED FOREVER!!!!" peeps go fluff themselves.
--Xelah
Death Knights
-*-*- First to get banned from the new forums 04-05-2010 -*-*-

blid

EE Patron

Feb 18th 2014, 15:46:05

I agree on the military/war room merger, that's a good idea. I know they're already working on the messaging. I don't know about the rest of your suggests..
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

h2orich Game profile

Feb 18th 2014, 16:33:21

the most important aspect of the game... making a successful attack is not taught how to do so.. no where in the game that explains troops defends with 0.5 strength and attack with 0.5 strength, a turret defend with 1 strength and so on...

elvesrus

Feb 19th 2014, 5:01:09

if you want to be technical troops are 1, jets/turrets 2, tanks 4 :p
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 19th 2014, 7:36:09

Originally posted by elvesrus:
if you want to be technical troops are 1, jets/turrets 2, tanks 4 :p

That's how I figure it and usually do OK, unless I screw up the allies and weapons tech :p
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

bstrong86 Game profile

Feb 19th 2014, 14:01:01

Originally posted by h2orich:
the most important aspect of the game... making a successful attack is not taught how to do so.. no where in the game that explains troops defends with 0.5 strength and attack with 0.5 strength, a turret defend with 1 strength and so on...

Uh, wiki says so
The Death Knights

XI

Marshal Game profile

Feb 19th 2014, 16:42:50

Originally posted by bstrong86:

Uh, wiki says so

where?

this page http://wiki.earthempires.com/index.php/Military_units has correct values.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 20th 2014, 1:28:07

Yes -- the plan is to reskin the game like the forums
Finally did the signature thing.

bstrong86 Game profile

Feb 20th 2014, 14:21:43

Originally posted by Marshal:
Originally posted by bstrong86:

Uh, wiki says so

where?

this page http://wiki.earthempires.com/index.php/Military_units has correct values.

Thanks for making my point after saying 'where'
The Death Knights

XI

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 21st 2014, 19:12:47

UI slimdown is a good idea.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org