Verified:

Comrade Game profile

Jan 25th 2014, 7:08:36

I don't seem to have a permission to post in Suggestions/Bugs category so I'll post here, admin can move if needed.

I would like to ask if the server could handle some small additional graphics to the game, to make things just a little nicer, and potentially attract new players as well.

I would like, for example:

- small icons for each item in the game, such as, for example;
- in front of each building type an icon indicative of such, for example - oil rig would have an oil rig icon in front, farm would have farm etc.
- in front of each research category an icon
- in front of each military unit an icon
- in front of each attack type an icon, and in this category I would most like to see the symbols for nuclear attack (standard radioactivity symbol), chemical attack (chem weapon symbol), etc (http://holyokewikifall2011.wikispaces.com/...0px-WMD_world_map.svg.png).
- and so on...
These icons would not appear in main menu, but would appear in Advisor, and in the recent news and your attack reports.

- I would also like to see a country flag icon that each user can choose which they want (including flags of countries that don't exist anymore), and that this flag icon would appear in the scores list. An open source list of country flags is available in the joomla package I think, if not there are other sources. I would be happy to help with this.

- Also, and this has nothing to do with graphics but, I would like a warning issued for any player attacking a mutual ally, and a new colour code for mutual allies on the scoreboard, as it has again happened to me that an ally attacked my other ally.

I know other users have suggested inclusion of animations before but I understand that that would be too much of a cost increase. That's why I will offer to design as many icons as I can if there is someone willing to implement them, and if the server will be able to handle it. If there is anyone else who would volunteer maybe let us know here.

Admin, is this doable?

Marshal Game profile

Jan 25th 2014, 11:50:08

nice ideas. mutual allies shown in scores might be difficult to add.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Viceroy Game profile

Jan 25th 2014, 17:51:41

Those suggestions seem to be simple enough to incorporate, but as it is purely cosmetic, that may push it down the rung of importance. Good thoughts though.

With mutual allies, how difficult would that be? Seems like just another minor filter, but what do I know. Another question I have is whether there is any benefit to keeping this information hidden, especially on servers that are (more or less) solitary.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 25th 2014, 21:03:06

people hated the missile icons when they existed. actually that included me and i didnt mind the icons themselves but they messd up the formatting of the country status screen.

anyway it's a text game, i dont know exactly what icons can add
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Hopeless Game profile

Jan 25th 2014, 21:07:14

i get a boner every time i click send missiles.

Viceroy Game profile

Jan 25th 2014, 21:10:38

Little flourishes and details can add a nice layer to the gaming experience. However, it must be done right. Sounds to me like it wasn't in the previous attempt you reference, blid
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 25th 2014, 21:58:00

there is empty space to increase country status screen to fit missile icons and rest (unless some1 hoards 3 digit amount of 1 or more missiletypes) and same thing with other military and non-military icons.

Comrade Game profile

Jan 26th 2014, 6:09:35

Alright. I also think the mutual allies could be the easiest thing to add here, it's an additional filter or set of "if" statements.

As for the graphics, there are a few different styles that could be applied, but I would probably prefer a simplistic one. Here is an example of one type of how it could look like:

advisor military updated:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/.../pics/earth-preview-1.jpg

news page updated:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/.../pics/earth-preview-2.jpg

However I suspect news page with icons could be too much load on the server, but then again I have no idea what the bandwidth limit is. But at any rate, these would be very small icons anyway..

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2014, 7:17:16

Instead of looking at country score lists on the ingame score, use eestats.com. When you log in you can colour any country one of three colours. I put me and my allies in green, people who have hit me in yellow, and countries I've grabbed in red. You can see the big picture of where everyone is at, like someone may be coming to retal. You can dig right down to country history very easiliy, with minute by minute NW activity for the whole game

Comrade Game profile

Jan 27th 2014, 14:20:42

Great website, thanks.

Reptile Game profile

Jan 27th 2014, 14:58:51

It would be nice if there were a mobile version of the site... the navigation on my iphone is silly.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 27th 2014, 22:03:07

Originally posted by Reptile:
It would be nice if there were a mobile version of the site... the navigation on my iphone is silly.

there is actually, m.earthempires.com your phone should go there automatically, check portal options.

LATC Game profile

Jan 27th 2014, 22:39:28

Originally posted by Marshal:
Originally posted by Reptile:

there is actually, m.earthempires.com your phone should go there automatically, check portal options.

I think reptile is referring to the eestats site. Also, bonus.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Marshal Game profile

Jan 27th 2014, 22:59:55

making eestats mobile version is upto bore and best way is to contact him directly.

LATC Game profile

Jan 27th 2014, 23:17:28

yes thank you marshal. lol its like talking to a bot.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 23rd 2014, 15:38:37

As far as the mutual allies are concerned. I talk to my allies all the time using the message system and advise them of who my other allies are, it's a small effort that generally brings good results as myself and my allies find other good allies that way.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!