Verified:

alliswell Game profile

Jan 10th 2014, 0:01:56

this is my first time playing communist in tourney and although I am doing quite well, in top 5 so far, I am having problem with expenses eating away at the amount of turns I am able to play. For the bonus, I have been using it on decrease in expenses, and have a ratio 0f 10% spies,10% troops, 30% jets, 40% turrets, and 10 % tanks. I was wondering if my ratios need to be adjusted I currently have around 25k tanks, and 500k turrets, but I sell max amount of goods each time. I am going to be purchasing some military tech, next time I get money from goods sold which might help. I can build about 50 buildings a turn. Currently I have 40 turns idle because I am running in the red money wise, was thinking maybe instead of building for a while could just do spy ops instead, which would still produce goods I can sell on market, and decrease money spent on building up the land I gain. Just looking for some expert advice on how I should approach fixing my situation, or making my expenses less costly for the remainder of the tournament. thanks.

Reptile Game profile

Jan 10th 2014, 17:51:52

I'm currently running a commie in game A. I'm lucky enough to be ranked top 5. I have my production set at 5% spies, 1% troops, 84% turrets/jets, 10% tanks. I alternate my jets and turrets between 84%. I spend the first half of my turns producing jets, and the last half turrets. My BPT is 40.. I'll probably keep it there... It's been working for me. As for Bonuses, I spend my bonuses on extra turns now, later in the set during stockpile mode (when my expenses are silly) I'll spend them on Indy Booms... I would recommend getting Residential, Business, and Industrial technology. I ran a tech start, so I'm sitting on about 40k indy, 10k bus/res and 10k weapons. I think next set I'll run Business and Residential up to 15k though. Investing in tech lets you do more on less aces... Making you land-thin... making you a less likely target for a land grab. Hope this helps..

-Reppie

Cannon Game profile

Jan 11th 2014, 3:21:29

I'm also running a Commie in game A, although my ratios are a bit different. I'm sitting on 65% turrets, 25% jets and 10% spies. They go up and down depending on what is selling. Troops and tanks I stay away from, mainly because I never use em and tanks cost a lot and troops don't sell for much. The key here is land land land. Get the most, but keep your techs up. Reptile had it right, get your indy and bus/res techs. don't waste your cash on military tech it only cuts your losses.