Verified:

pollex

Sep 3rd 2013, 5:09:46

First, I would like to apologize for perhaps my longest post ever, but please read it in its entirety(sp).

I thought I should make a statement here so that those who do not already know, might understand. On august 31st my family lost our youngest daughter Lenora. She had aspirated on some formula she coughed up and I was unable to revive her and the firefighters and paramedics though they arrived quickly they could not save her.

she was 9weeks and 3days old she loved baths and smiled when we called her our pretty little girl.

I hope that no one else has to experience this, to have their child die in their arms. I think God chose us because he knew we could get through this and that Lenora was such a special little baby.

I would like to thank those of you who have already expressed their condolences, and if anyone has ever lost a child I would love to hear any advise about how you may have gotten through such a difficult event.

I plan on still playing earth while going through this, as I need something to keep my mind off of everything.

We have been telling people who are interested in doing something to please donate a new or used children's book to a local hospital or school in Lenora Mahon's name. By no means do you need to, but we have friends across the globe, and it would mean a lot to know her name has reached even more. If you do happen to do so, I would like to know either through this thread or in a private message

it would be nice to know the country/ state, city and place donated to as well as the book donated.

If you want you may leave me your real life name as I would like to mention those that donate more formally where applicable, but by no means do you need to.

if you still wish to donate but are not comfortable leaving all the above information, you can tell me what information you are ok with, or even no information.

Again, I appreciate all those who have already reached out. It means a lot to know that people care here.
FFA- TKO President
Alliance - EVO member

locket Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 5:36:13

This is terrible but you are doing a great thing that will help her be remembered. I am so sorry for what happened Pollex. I'll keep this in mind if any local charities are fundraising for childrens charities.

DespicableMe Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 7:34:47

my condolence to you and the entire family.
Rest assured that she is in god's hand now.

TNTroXxor Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 7:43:09

So sorry for this to have happened to you. My deepest condolences to yuo and your family.
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Marshal Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 9:50:32

sorry to hear.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Vic Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 14:12:03

Pollex,
I don't even know where to begin. I send my sincerest condolences to you and all of yours. I am so sorry this happened to you.

It is evident that you have a great deal of strength and your faith in God is not only humbling, but will undoubtedly get you through this dark time.

May your beautiful girl always be remembered smiling and joyful in your arms, and may she now be in eternal peace, in His arms. She will always be watching over you.
Your goodness will reach others in hard times and your dealing with this unthinkable time reveals great character and resilience.

May Lenora rest forever, in Peace.

snawdog Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 15:11:32

I am so sorry for your loss..
God be with you.
ICQ 364553524
msn

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 19:04:14

pollex,

Sorry for you loss. I lost a nephew in a similar fashion at a similar age.

Best of luck.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Sep 3rd 2013, 21:14:09

Pollex, I am so sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you and your family. <3
You are truly strong and I appreciate you sharing your story. It is important to always share and keep Lenora's (I love the name you choose!) memory going!
Your loss is nothing like my pregnancy losses. You have a sweet special angel with you. :)

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

ninong Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 22:05:57

we don't know each other but i'm sorry for your loss. my prayers to your family.
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Chadius Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 22:33:15

Pollex, can you PM me what happened? My daughter just turned 4 weeks yesterday. I've already taken her to the ER for a problem of her coughing and having problems due to milk and mucus. (something about the breast feeding being thick and mixing with phlegm or mucus, causing her a hard time) We were told to keep her elevated for 30 minutes afterwards, to help it go down by gravity, I suppose. Sorry for the long response, but being my first, I worry constantly about stuff happening to her. And any weird noise I here, I'm up in a second. Damn, my hearts racing just talking about this. O.O
LAF

Chadius Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 22:40:10

I am sorry for your loss. I honestly cannot begin to understand the loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
LAF

BladeEWG Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 23:16:35

:( I can not imagine your loss, and can only pray you will find peace in this. Always remember those smiles..

pollex

Sep 4th 2013, 6:10:52

I felt the need to elaborate slightly on why I was interested in three key things in regards to the book donations. Obviously any gesture with or without information is greatly appreciated, but three things that would mean even more to me to know is

Place (city/country/state)
Where to (what hospital/school/organization)
Book name

and this is why

I am interested in the place donated to and book names, because I am going to compile a list of all these places and books and when my 5year old is old enough to appreciate these things more I am going to take her to as many of these places as possible so that we may possibly find and read any books we find together so that my wife, my daughter and I can truely appreciate how far everyone's generousity has reached, and I think it will help us remember Lenora in a special way that will bring my family even closer. I do realize many of the books may find even better homes as the years progress, but to me the "adventure of finding Lenora's books" won't be so much about actually finding the books but appreciating what everyone has done throughout the world to both honor Lenora and give to others.

if others would like this list to perhaps show their children the worlds generosity, feel free to msg me at a later date.
FFA- TKO President
Alliance - EVO member

Syko_Killa Game profile

Sep 4th 2013, 6:24:56

Do as I say, not as I do.

Sov Game profile

Sep 4th 2013, 12:51:27

As a father of an 18 week old baby boy I can only imagine the horror of your loss and I really feel for you. I wish only the best for you and your family in these hard times.

I love the wonderful idea of your program of donated books. I will hopefully message you about this soon.

Raen Game profile

Sep 4th 2013, 13:18:20

Pollex,

As a father of four, I truly feel for you. My condolences for your entire family. She is in God's hands now (as someone else very well put it.)

Raven
Omega

mazooka Game profile

Sep 4th 2013, 13:57:43

oh man, i can't even imagine. I'm so sorry for your family.

DFA Game profile

Sep 5th 2013, 20:59:21

Words cannot describe the loss I am sure you and all connected to Lenora must feel.

I am truly sorry for your loss, like many that have posted I have children and I can only imagine how you all must feel.

Stay strong as a family and I am sure that strength will see you through this tough time.

Shinigami Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 2:45:32

I can not even begin to imagine what you must be going through right now. My condolences to you and the rest of your familly.

iScode Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 9:03:19

You poor bastard, no father should have to bury their children let alone a baby. my thoughts go out to you and your family
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

dangerousdan

Sep 7th 2013, 10:54:52

Condolences for your entire family.

Bikerman Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 12:40:41

My condolence to you and the entire family.

I havn't gone through what you have, when we expected our first it was supposed to be twins, however one of them died before the birth, but the second one is alive and well - her name is Leonora btw...

we did loose a few during the pregnacy, but never one that had been borne, I can't imagin how that must feel

table4two Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 15:05:39

Pollex,

I doubt we have ever crossed paths, but from one human being to another, your story touched me. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

I think what you are doing is a fantastic way to honour Lenora's memory and it will be a pleasure to contribute in some small way to your adventure. I will message you soon.

daspheebsie Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 19:14:42

Pollex - my deepest condolences to you and yours. <3 My daughter and I are finding a good book to take with us when we go see her neurologist at the Childrens Hospital here in Portland at Randall Children's.

All of our love to you and yours.
Current SoLer
Retired LaF
One time at band camp Evo

Soultaker

Sep 8th 2013, 9:18:04

My condolences Pollex - as i have a little brother and sister i can half imagine what you are going through, my thoughts are with you and your family.

PG Game profile

Sep 8th 2013, 12:54:16

my Condolences to you and ur family.
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

http://i.imgur.com/BFg5Y.jpg

CX LaE Game profile

Sep 8th 2013, 20:22:31

This is terrible, pollex. I am very sorry to hear of this. Thoughts and condolences aplenty for you and your family, friend.
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 9th 2013, 5:59:36

Sorry for your loss Pollex. Condolences to you and your family.
Don of LaF

Pride Game profile

Sep 9th 2013, 7:59:58

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Donny Game profile

Sep 9th 2013, 16:45:07

OMFG. im sorry pollex. i cant and don't even know what to say.
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.

grimjoww Game profile

Sep 10th 2013, 8:51:11

deep condolences :/

pollex

Sep 11th 2013, 3:11:43

small world bikerman, you named her well!

Thanks everyone for all the words of support.

There has been over 500 books donated worldwide, and over half are from people I know through this game. It just goes to show the character of people that play this game. Makes me happy to be a part of this gaming community.

Thanks again to everyone for their words of support and generosity.
FFA- TKO President
Alliance - EVO member

blackcougar Game profile

Sep 12th 2013, 0:08:27

My wife and i are sorry for your loss when we find a book worthy of donating to a local library in her name i will be sure to.let ya know.

Dalyx Game profile

Sep 12th 2013, 2:33:35

Pollex, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you and yours are going through.

The book idea is a wonderful idea to remember your daughter by as well as to bring your family closer.

Wu Game profile

Sep 12th 2013, 13:01:21

My sincerest condolences :(

I have a 6mth old daughter and cannot even begin to imagine the emotions that you felt. You are strong.
I will see what I can do about the book thing, maybe I'll write your daughter's name on a book and donate it to the salvation army.

porter Game profile

Sep 12th 2013, 15:48:52

Sorry for your loss Pollex. My condolence to you and the entire family.

bastion63 Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 14:04:49

Holy cow, just found out. Like most people, I am at a loss for words. Only time will make things better........

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 18:46:32

My condolences for your loss pollex
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Syko_Killa Game profile

Oct 1st 2013, 20:06:05

Just wow, I am sorry to hear about this, didn't know what to say the first time I read it. This is very sad, I don't really know what else to say, cant imagine how I would feel, just complete sorrow.
Do as I say, not as I do.

macmd Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 0:45:43

I'm so sorry for your loss. Deepest condolences from one parent to another.

Rosco Game profile

Oct 5th 2013, 13:47:12

Sorry for your loss brother....Hang in there and keep looking up.
FFA- Ares VP
Alliance- SOF
Team- MKR

Alphawarrior Game profile

Oct 8th 2013, 3:00:33

So sorry for your loss you and your family will be in my family's prayers

EVO|Rasp

Oct 14th 2013, 12:39:32

My thoughts are with you and your family Pollex.

pollex

Oct 16th 2013, 3:26:27

thanks again, for everyone. just thanks
FFA- TKO President
Alliance - EVO member

silentwolf Game profile

Oct 28th 2013, 16:48:05

I just had a baby, my fourth, born premature and sometimes you just dont want doctors telling that they have some chance of survival. I feel you when you say loosing her in your arms.

I know that would be the worst that a parent can go through.

I dont know you personnaly, but i am sure we be buds if we do . My prayers will be for her.

So sorry for your loss.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2013, 22:16:22

pollex, for what it's worth, I'm very sure that God needed the soul of your baby back with him again for a reason.

I know how difficult and terrible this time will be for you. People should not outlive their children. :(

We have names for every other type of loss, if you're a child and lose your parents, you become an orphan, if you are married and lose your mate, you become a widow, or widower, but there is no name for a parent who has lost a child, the worst sort of pain imaginable. So bad that we can't even think of a word to represent it.

My condolences and prayers to your family.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

pollex1 Game profile

Mar 23rd 2017, 0:10:55

Wow just been looking through all sorts of threads, and with the recent death in the ee community I looked to this folder to find this. Thanks again, it good to see consistent outpouring of support from everyone through all the deaths we have experienced in our small gaming community. You all really helped me through this time well beyond this thread, thank you for being you.