Verified:

blid

EE Patron

Oct 20th 2013, 14:49:29

Turns: 0 Money: $34

Next turn: 1 second
The reset ends in 1 second.

a few resets ago in Express, i was refreshing my screen because some of my goods were selling. i refreshed with 1 second remaining in the round and i had no money, nothing sold. someone bought my goods AFTER this - AFTER there was 1 second remaining (so i guess with 0 seconds remaining?). i know because my networth dropped on the final scoreboard, and then i looked at my final country status and i had over $40m. it makes it literally impossible to spend the dough you get and just makes you lose networth if it's possible for someone to buy your stuff with 0 seconds remaining. i would think this would have to be qualified as a bug?
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

TDA101 Game profile

Oct 20th 2013, 16:14:47

check ur endscore? If you have money then you might have got stuff sold.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 20th 2013, 17:17:18

That's what I said. But it WASN'T sold with 1 second remaining in the reset
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 20th 2013, 20:23:40

You could always recall. I like to wait till the last second to buy military. If I'm rank 2 and a CI is rank 1, I like the option of buying his military to drop him to rank 2 at the end. So, leave it as is.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 20th 2013, 21:23:47

But I was THERE with 1 second left and it wasn't sold yet. So this was sold with less than 1 second left. How is that possible? Were the game formulas still calculating the sale while time ran out?

http://i.imgur.com/kIpq8yR.png

Edited By: blid on Oct 20th 2013, 21:28:32
See Original Post

crest23 Game profile

Oct 20th 2013, 22:18:22

Oh, yeah, that's a bug then.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 21st 2013, 3:09:41

As long as the time left is larger than 0, why can't the goods sell? "Less than 1 second" can still be larger than 0. Remember the displayed number of 1 second is just a rounded off value, just like when it says 13.5 days left, it could really be 13.4995 days.

bstrong86 Game profile

Oct 21st 2013, 3:18:59

The reset ends in Now.

You have messages in your inbox!

0 mins ago You were given a daily bonus of 20 extra acres.

I'd assume the 'now' means the actual end :) so seems possible it could happen

Just very very bad luck
The Death Knights

XI

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 21st 2013, 4:02:10

Hm; technically an SO can still buy then; and yea, technically anything can be bought as long as there is *some* time left =/
Finally did the signature thing.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2013, 4:07:06

Maybe shut down the market with 1 second left? Would that be more effort than this is worth? It doesn't seem quite right to leave the seller with 0 chance to react, not even a second.

Medic Game profile

Oct 21st 2013, 5:38:36

The tools are already there for you to react... recall your goods with 1 second left.

It's not broken.
Patty loves a big dict

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 21st 2013, 16:02:32

Originally posted by blid:
Maybe shut down the market with 1 second left? Would that be more effort than this is worth?

Yes =/

Besides, as somebody said, it's rounded... what if one person want's to try to react with *1* second left to buy stuff? =/ Works both ways =/

blid

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2013, 16:19:29

I don't get what you're saying (there is no actual need to buy goods with 1 second left) but if it's too much work then forget it. Just seems silly that people can time it to buy your goods in a way that you'll never get the money

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 21st 2013, 17:09:16

Originally posted by blid:
there is no actual need to buy goods with 1 second left

True, but there could be with 5 seconds left; and why stop with 1 second vs 5 seconds? we could turn off the market with 1 hour left even =/

1 second just seems arbitrary =/

you *could* login with like 5 seconds left, and have $2B on hand which you're trying to burn until the last second of the game ?

Grady Game profile

Oct 22nd 2013, 10:40:58

Err, I thought this is pretty straightforward..

SOs are activated at exactly the 0th second of every minute, so if someone placed an SO with an offer price higher than your goods/techs while there are fewer than 60 seconds remaining, your stuff will get picked up by the SOs.

No need to rush at all.