Verified:

Akira Game profile

Aug 17th 2013, 20:50:36

If a country is storing turns while being relatively landfat to attract hits for dr abuse, then a penalty should be imposed when he uses all turns at once and jumps while grabbing big countries (no penalties for explores). Penalties could range from reduced defense for x hours, increase in upkeep costs, diminished land gained in subsequent grabs, or 80% chance of earthquakes (ha!).

Or when a country is in deep DR and grabs much larger countries, his DR instantly returns to 0 or there are huge DR deductions per hit (not just 1) depending on the land acquired on the hit relative to his original size.

Or as izapimp suggested, why not make it so retaling within 24hrs of the grab will bypass any DR on the target.

Edited By: Akira on Aug 17th 2013, 20:52:36
See Original Post
A formidable enemy who can pose a threat to my life - I would welcome that man as a dear friend.

TDA101 Game profile

Aug 17th 2013, 21:27:10

I don't think a complete bypass is good, there needs to be strategies other than stay on top and bottomfeed everyone below you.

I was thinking of something like

2 DRs.

1 True DR, 1 Attack DR.

When people attack you, your attack DR is considered.
When you attack, you lose 50% of your Attack DR and -1 from your True DR. Overtime you gain +1 to your Attack DR until it matches your True DR. If you continue attacks you continue to lose 50% of your Attack DR and -1 from True DR.

This might not be the best fix but you can't just remove the option to topfeed or midfeed.

Akira Game profile

Aug 17th 2013, 21:53:40

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept and implications but it sounds reasonable.
A formidable enemy who can pose a threat to my life - I would welcome that man as a dear friend.

izapimp Game profile

Aug 17th 2013, 21:55:50

Yah too confusing just go with my idea I don't see any negativeimplications other than ppl getting their land back from Dr abusers
-maKaroni

TDA101 Game profile

Aug 17th 2013, 21:56:22

My thoughts are that if your deep in DR from legit attacks you should be able to attack once or twice without opening yourself to getting fed again.

Akira Game profile

Aug 17th 2013, 22:01:09

That's why I think izapimp's idea is the best. The guy with lots of DR can attack without opening himself to others except to the country he attacked (presumably topfed). So the country that was grabbed by the DR guy can still retal and has a fair chance of getting land back.

Akira Game profile

Aug 17th 2013, 22:03:46

There's no way the countries that are topfed right now by DR guys can even get land back. They lose 1000+ acres but when they try to retal they see a guy with 50+ DR, and they can retal for a measly 100+ acres after buying jets and oil.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 4th 2013, 17:21:57

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

TDA101 Game profile

Sep 4th 2013, 18:13:54

I think I've got a decent solution :P.

Retals ignore all special hit DR.

Done, you keep your normal DR vs outsiders that havn't hit u, whilst keeping (hopefully) normal dr up against people you hit.

Kingme Game profile

Sep 4th 2013, 19:05:32

Originally posted by martian:

I think this would be a good start, but there still needs to be something in effect to stop a large group of people from farming the bejesus out of you.

Kingme Game profile

Sep 4th 2013, 19:07:47

What if you imposed a penalty on countries in DR that hit countries that have not previously hit them.

Any country you hit while in DR, that has more land, and that hasn't hit you (or you could do x% of land) will result in only y% gains.

Allow normal 100% gains, on retals.

snawdog Game profile

Sep 5th 2013, 20:39:53

What if Country A attacks country B..and no matter what any other country does to A,he is shown as 0 dr to country B until B retals?..Seems simple to me
ICQ 364553524
msn

bstrong86 Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 0:07:25

How about we stop complaining for once? And just play the fluffing game as is. Im sure almoat everyone has hit someone while in DR, it happens.. ohswells
The Death Knights

XI

FreudianLisp

Sep 6th 2013, 2:56:29

I think that whatever DR a country has will be eliminated the moment it has gained more land than it lost, i.e DR only applies for countries who have lost more land than they have gained.
Originally posted by bstrong86:
How about we stop complaining for once? And just play the fluffing game as is. Im sure almoat everyone has hit someone while in DR, it happens.. ohswells

How about you stop barging into every other thread to contribute absolutely nothing?

braden Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 3:20:44

i can promise you right now i have never made a single landgrab on this server while in so much as a single dr. retals, however, do not count.

bstrong86 Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 10:59:40

Originally posted by FreudianLisp:
I think that whatever DR a country has will be eliminated the moment it has gained more land than it lost, i.e DR only applies for countries who have lost more land than they have gained.

How about you stop barging into every other thread to contribute absolutely nothing?

Yes, because i post on everything. Muahaha. Secret plan has been uncovered , idiot.

Also, i contribute as much as want which is more then anyone is doing by fluffing all the time about this or that. Its redundant that people complain about the same thingsset after set.

Play the game as intended, anything to get to the top, minus cheating. I.e. multie accnts, land farms, INTENTIONAL DR
The Death Knights

XI

FreudianLisp

Sep 6th 2013, 16:28:55

Also, i contribute as much as want which is more then anyone is doing by fluffing all the time about this or that. Its redundant that people complain about the same thingsset after set.

You feel like you should be able to 'contribute' as much as you want. If that's the case, everyone else should too. Unless you have some misguided sense of superiority, which is hypocritical and laughable.

Akira Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 11:35:22

Play the game as intended, anything to get to the top, minus cheating. I.e. multie accnts, land farms, INTENTIONAL DR

That's the point why DR abuse issue should be fixed, because not everyone plays the game as intended. Some players cheat with multiple countries and some players abuse DR.

If your contribution is to tell people not to cheat, good luck with that. The system needs to be protected from cheaters.