Verified:

Akira Game profile

Aug 1st 2013, 14:41:47

Thanks! Hope prices skyrocket so I can sell these back even if I'm not a demo.
A formidable enemy who can pose a threat to my life - I would welcome that man as a dear friend.

h2orich Game profile

Aug 1st 2013, 15:00:23

Some went off for $100. :) :) :)

Heretodie Game profile

Aug 1st 2013, 15:03:05

Yes lots of cheap military and high oil and food.... Oh well good luck finishing well when your shooting yourself in the leg.

Akira Game profile

Aug 1st 2013, 15:25:47

upkeep galore!
A formidable enemy who can pose a threat to my life - I would welcome that man as a dear friend.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 1st 2013, 22:04:49

Originally posted by Akira:
Thanks! Hope prices skyrocket so I can sell these back even if I'm not a demo.
$107 isn't low at this point.

Originally posted by Heretodie:
Yes lots of cheap military and high oil and food.... Oh well good luck finishing well when your shooting yourself in the leg.
People aren't shooting themselves in the leg. They are selling at the price they have to sell at??
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Heretodie Game profile

Aug 1st 2013, 23:00:16

Yes you are shooting yourself in the leg when it costs $45 a bushel and $999 for oil when I was last on. Good on farmers and oilers for keeping prices higher then average by this time. But that doesn't mean commies can't sell at 120-140 for jets and turrets. If every commie would do this we would all still sell because if players want to retal/grab or defend they will pay the going rate. There's no need to be at 100-110 when it costs 25 million for 25,000 barrels of oil. You do the math 250,000 jets production to purchase enough oil to fly 500,000 jets... Hmm not a very good deal. Or looking at it like this, I lose 25,000 bushels a turn *45 $1,125,000 and I produce 35,000*100 sellable units a turn 3,500,00. Net gain $2,375,000 so if you can't grow in land and increase production..... You will end up land farm. Which is shooting yourself in the leg...... Short term gain to undercut military on the market that much, too each to their own.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 0:35:23

You clearly do not understand anything about Economics.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Serpentor Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 1:09:24

Or Indy.
The EEVIL Empire

andyxxx Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 1:46:58

Keep it up!

blid

EE Patron

Aug 2nd 2013, 2:53:06

Or standing orders re: oil
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Cannon Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 3:10:45

25K bushels per turn and only producing 35K units? Sounds like a rainbow to me

Heretodie Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 14:36:06

Sellable units, you can only sell 55% of what you produce a turn. If I just have you mathematics of it how can j not understand economics? Everyone sells no less the 120 your forced to pay that price of you want to grow your country. So explain the economics of it crest, demand meets supply. If suppliers sell for no less then 120 demand doesn't change just the cost.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 2nd 2013, 14:55:29

If suppliers sell for no less than 120 then buyers can't afford as many turrets, and the turrets start getting blocked up and not selling. Also you can sell like 100000% of what you produce in a turn if you take fewer turns and sell more often...

Heretodie Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 15:46:02

This true you can double or triple destock between growing but that makes getting the 18 hour bonus impossible as your goods take 4-6 hours to arrive per sell down. Agreed things would get jammed up but only if there wasn't demand for it. With tech prices at average and farmers/oilers doing well selling higher isn't unreasonable, yes some players on the lower end would struggle to keep up but there's plenty of demand from the top 100. Not entirely sure how many CI there are but I can only see 20-30 guys with decent land to push supply above demand.

Heretodie Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 15:49:51

Out of the scores window I count 12 players with 15,000 or more acres as CIs or presumably CIs. Hard to extrapolate that to the top 100 but when I'm looking for targets I don't com across alot of CIs with more then 15k acres.

oldman Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 15:51:49

You can use http://www.eestats.com to view countries in primary and other servers in case you don't know.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 16:02:37

The main reason people create these threads where they whine about undercutting is because their goods got stuck on the market. Guess what, if there is enough demand you shouldn't care that someone sold his jets at $107 because yours that you set at $140 will still sell, cause there's demand. (Actually there is a slight worry)

Ever notice that the same characters that whine this set about undercutting military prices and how all the CIs on the server don't know what they are doing will be the same clowns that will whine about tech next set because they are techers, and the set after that when they play farmer, they'll also whine that all the farmers on the server are noobs cos they are undercutting.

Edited By: crest23 on Aug 2nd 2013, 16:07:32
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Heretodie Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 16:16:37

All I notice Crest is you like to shoot your mouth on the forums with no relative or creative response to the questions poised back at you. People undercut and fill orders because they need money or want a garuntee that they have money when hey play tommorow. I never said my stuff got stuck, merely stated the CIs should ban together and sell or higher. This thread was never started as whinning it was posted to encourage undercutting. But you seem to attempt to troll the forums daily wih little facts to back up anything you state. "You clearly don't understand economics" yet no evidence or reason behind that statement.

I did know about EE stats but not that I can look at all the ranks. So I did a tally 22 CIs with enough land to really control supply. As stated demand will only go up as players grow their countries, hence selling higher as things progress until players switch to stocking. But as previously stated that would require all those in the top 100 with decent CI land to stop selling cheap for a day, worse that happens you recall your goods 18 hours later make 1-2 grabs with left over money from undercutting days before and resell at whatever the going rate is.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 17:06:09

Oh yes, you so obviously have a solid grasp on economics. That why you can say people should 'band together and sell higher'. Why do you think people put their goods on the market for? Of course it is to sell them to they have money to run turns tomorrow. What do you think, they don't need they money?

You say as players grow their countries demand grows, but guess what supply is also growing, and your point is???????????

Akira created this thread encouraging undercutting? I see a thread about someone who doesn't know what he is doing, it been about a day now, why don't we wait for him to come tell us how that genius plan of stocking military half way through the set went.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Heretodie Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 17:15:15

Originally posted by crest23:
Oh yes, you so obviously have a solid grasp on economics. That why you can say people should 'band together and sell higher'. Why do you think people put their goods on the market for? Of course it is to sell them to they have money to run turns tomorrow. What do you think, they don't need they money?

You say as players grow their countries demand grows, but guess what supply is also growing, and your point is???????????

Akira created this thread encouraging undercutting? I see a thread about someone who doesn't know what he is doing, it been about a day now, why don't we wait for him to come tell us how that genius plan of stocking military half way through the set went.

Again no proof or reliable evidence to back up your claims. Just a fluff ton of spelling and grammar errors.... All be it I'm not always grammatically correct when trying to tell someone else they're dumb I would make a point to seem like I'm a little more intelligent. Go back to arguing but out prices upon which your wrong yet again, I will continue to encourage CIs to sell higher. If it doesn't happen so be it, yes we all need to sell goods to play turns, thanks tips I thought it was free. Again as stated above there's no reason things can't be sold for more, demand is still there.

Akira Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 17:49:10

Originally posted by crest23:

Yeah as a buyer and not a seller I am obviously very happy to purchase these cheap-ass military and I'd love to see it stay that way so that means I'm in favor of CIs undercutting eh?

If you see a thread about a guy who doesn't know what he's doing, shouldn't you offer him a few tips to increase his smarts of the game? I'm not saying I know a lot and I'm still trying to get the kinks out of my game but that comment was somewhat bluntly rude.

Though I guess being good at this game gives you a right to flaunt your superiority so keep it up then.

Edited By: Akira on Aug 7th 2013, 15:06:32. Reason: stupid me
See Original Post

crest23 Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 18:13:15

Lol, good luck to both of you then.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 2nd 2013, 18:37:33

Akira: http://www.eestats.com/primary/market
Click jets. Their price has been going down since day 12, and going down sharply since about day 19. You can see the $107 jets you bought fit within that trend, and, though a good price, were not a "bargain" that you could easily resell for more. As such, they're not worth buying in higher amounts than you actually need despite the price right now - there's way too much time left in the reset.

Serpentor Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 19:59:37

This is how it works. Indies sell at a sellable price. When goods don't sell at that price anymore you have no choice but to lower your price. When they stop selling at that price you have to drop em again etc... Thing is though if you are the guy just above the selling price all the time you are really going to be fluffed, so you have to try to stay just under that line to make sure you sell, but still try to make as much as possible. Mid set, every set, prices drop because supply out there is greater than demand. You cannot expect that indies can continue growing so much faster than everyone else and not ever exceed demand.
The EEVIL Empire

Heretodie Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 20:14:12

I agree Mr.Evil (noted the biggest country in Primary) I merely stated the 20 dollar undercut is unnesacary 1-3 dollars I get, even 5 at the most. I have no problem selling my stuff but it only takes a few CIs to dramatically drop the market. Everyone has to do what's best for their country.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 2nd 2013, 20:37:49

There was no $20 undercut all at once, look at the price chart I posted. Bit by bit.

Serpentor Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 22:51:00

No one or two or five stupid under cutters caused the price crash.
The EEVIL Empire

Heretodie Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 22:55:49

Looking at the chart, the price drops 40 dollars over 7 days, and 20 dollars over the last two days.... Now I only log in once a day so too me all I saw was 120 when I left one morning and 105-107 the next day. But as someone pointed out jets dropped as low as 100 at one point when I was logged out..... So not a true 20 dollar price cut I guess??? perhaps someone undercut twice at 10? 120 down to 110 down to 100? I don't monitor the actual amounts that closely I just sell at the going rate and hope for the best when I log in the next day. If it doesn't sell well then Ill have to recall and resell cheaper. Also you can see at some point using the chart but not recorded in the last 48 hours its as low as $90...... Good for the guys meeting all those orders placed, ill be happy to farm their countries for land in a week when they cant grow fast enough to keep up.

Edited By: Heretodie on Aug 2nd 2013, 22:58:38
See Original Post

crest23 Game profile

Aug 2nd 2013, 23:18:50

Lmfao.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 3rd 2013, 3:45:24

Originally posted by Heretodie:
Looking at the chart, the price drops 40 dollars over 7 days, and 20 dollars over the last two days.... Now I only log in once a day so too me all I saw was 120 when I left one morning and 105-107 the next day. But as someone pointed out jets dropped as low as 100 at one point when I was logged out..... So not a true 20 dollar price cut I guess??? perhaps someone undercut twice at 10? 120 down to 110 down to 100? I don't monitor the actual amounts that closely I just sell at the going rate and hope for the best when I log in the next day. If it doesn't sell well then Ill have to recall and resell cheaper. Also you can see at some point using the chart but not recorded in the last 48 hours its as low as $90...... Good for the guys meeting all those orders placed, ill be happy to farm their countries for land in a week when they cant grow fast enough to keep up.
If "someone" undercut by $10 it would just sell and that would be that. The whole thing is bigger than that. Just like if you look at the last 48 hours stats, yes, someone did sell jets at $90, and yet the average price still has not dropped under $105. I believe you're reading the chart wrong, because the price hasn't gone to $100, and it did not drop 20 dollars over the last two days. It dropped about half that.

Akira Game profile

Aug 3rd 2013, 4:46:02

Originally posted by blid:
Akira: http://www.eestats.com/primary/market
Click jets. Their price has been going down since day 12, and going down sharply since about day 19. You can see the $107 jets you bought fit within that trend, and, though a good price, were not a "bargain" that you could easily resell for more. As such, they're not worth buying in higher amounts than you actually need despite the price right now - there's way too much time left in the reset.

Yeah I get that it's not feasible to hoard lots and sell later, since I'm not a demo as I said. But I do need those since I'm looking to grab more now that I've fully built land and decent defense. But when need to stock and shed excess baggage upkeep I might sell them, even a very minor profit is perfectly okay since I got to use them anyway.

Serpentor Game profile

Aug 3rd 2013, 6:00:46

It's funny how at this time every set when military prices plummet, that food starts getting more expensive too..??? Wonder what that's all about??
The EEVIL Empire

Akira Game profile

Aug 3rd 2013, 8:12:31

It's a conspiracy!

PaceBooM Game profile

Aug 3rd 2013, 8:52:58

It sucks; goods got stuck on the market, too.

*whine*

qwertyh Game profile

Aug 3rd 2013, 15:44:06

There is only one solution to the INDY problem. Mass farming smaller CI.

Karim Game profile

Aug 3rd 2013, 16:21:28

I am not that sure it's smaller CIs undercutting, and anyhow they wouldn't have a huge impact to the market.

It's the massive amounts sold low that drag the prices down, and to mass produce you need land ;)
-[Panzer Division MD]-

h2orich Game profile

Aug 3rd 2013, 16:40:55

I hope your 140 jets are selling

Serpentor Game profile

Aug 3rd 2013, 20:48:48

Well turrets aren't selling for 110 so I'm sure 140 is out of the question.
The EEVIL Empire

ISmellARat Game profile

Aug 3rd 2013, 23:39:07

Because the high oil price jets lose value. As a result turrets lose value. Also people have less gold to spend after the expensive oil. Lower indy prices make sense.

LATC Game profile

Aug 3rd 2013, 23:46:46

HOLY CRAP there's gold now?! Where can I mine me some??
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?