Verified:

BigRedDog

Aug 5th 2013, 20:40:17

in Scotland... planning a trip there for next summer... we already planned on Glasgow and Edinburgh and to see Hadrians Wall...any one got any other ideas?

Bikerman Game profile

Aug 5th 2013, 21:02:46

Plenty of distilleries there!

Trife Game profile

Aug 5th 2013, 21:34:39

birthplace of groundskeeper willie..

Marshal1

Aug 5th 2013, 22:08:03

galleri: fluff off marshal

archaic: FFS when Marshal has stood out as maybe the brightest person on the whole thread . . . fluff me, I'm going to go smoke a joint and reevaluate some fluff

sinistril: Oh snap, Marshal destroyed galleri. Thought I'd

Patience Game profile

Aug 6th 2013, 18:37:05

Ahhh, Edinburgh... my second favorite city. Obviously do the castle and the Royal Mile/Holyrood Palace. Do a formal distillery tour, and DEFINITELY do the walking tour of the Underground City. It's pretty awesome. They also have a Ghosts & Goblins walking tour that's pretty entertaining (you'll see sandwich boards on the street advertising where and at what time to meet, used to cost about 6 quid). The Edinburgh Vaults are also cool, as are any of the museums.

Edinburgh is especially cool because they ran out of room to build out and had to build UP to accommodate the population (thus the Underground City - the poor people were just paved over, and ended up living completely underground). Because of that, there are entire streets under buildings. Take some of the alleyways ('Closes') off the Royal Mile, like Mary King's Close, and have a wander.

Greyfriar's Kirk (church) and Bedlam Theatre are also worth a quick visit.

Never made it to Glasgow, but Hadrian's Wall is worth seeing (don't budget too much time, because it is, after all, just a wall in the middle of nowhere)... and I'd also make a trip to St. Andrew's if you can afford the time. And maybe the Firth of Forth.

I wanna go too. :(
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

tulosba Game profile

Aug 6th 2013, 18:44:35

Go to the isle of Istlay and see your plot!

Baz Game profile

Aug 6th 2013, 20:15:19

Honestly, I'd get out as far from major cities as possible, and just enjoy the scenery/terrain. The Lochs, Skye, the Outer Isles (Lewis/Harris are specatular, North/South Uist are pretty flat) if you get chance.

Then again, I'm totally into getting out of the cities, and seeing the countryside.

Spent 3 weeks out of school many, many years ago touring the Outer Isles with the family. One of the best holidays I've ever had. :)

Edited By: Baz on Aug 6th 2013, 20:18:23
See Original Post

DFA Game profile

Aug 6th 2013, 20:20:52

http://www.camera-obscura.co.uk/

Me, the ball and chain and the kids went here for our trip, pretty decent, as always depends on what you're after or what you're interested in :)

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2013, 21:15:14

how on earth can you plan that far ahead
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

BigRedDog

Aug 6th 2013, 22:19:52

thanks Pati! we have two weeks of vacation planned so will be checking out as much as possible :-)

and Baz we're definitely doing that as well :D

and PP because I'm paying for it all and am trying to get cheaper rates...im not rich after all :-P