Verified:

Vic Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 1:25:45

Two separate explosions killed at least 3 and severely injured over 130 at the Boston Marathon earlier today. Some sources note casualties as high as 12 already.

One explosion was set off right at the finish line, in a crowd of bystanders. Blowing out the windows of the nearby Marathon Sports store and taking an 8 year old victim, many other were confirmed to have blown off limbs.

At least 3 other bombs were located, and were set off by controlled detonation by the FBI. The White House and FBi have confirmed that this is indeed an Act of Terror.

Sources also confirm that a 20 year old Saudi National is in custody of the FBi and Boston P.D. It is unclear whether this man was injured as well, as one source stated, or if he was running away from the scene and eventually tackled by a civilian who handed the man over to authorities, as another source stated. The latter source seems curious - and I suspect there must be more information withheld, if authorities were willing to take a 20 year old into custody simply because he was running from the scene of the attack - as many were doing this.

The other detonation went off on Massachusetts Avenue and Boylston, (the first, at the finish line, at Boylston and Dartmouth) and seems to have been less serve. As this happened at and near the marathon finish line, there is quite a bit of footage of the explosion.

This attack is especially startling, as it happening my the neighborhood where I live and work, the Back Bay. The attacks were 1-3 blocks away from my home and office.
The entire area is currently on lock down and cars are not allowed in or out. Earlier cell phones were blocked to prevent from a cell phone detonation of other potential bombs.

My thoughts and prayers go out with the families of those slain, and those injured and their families as well.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 16th 2013, 1:32:04

Not cool

bertz Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 1:46:51

:'(

sky3litez Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 1:49:10

you okay, vic?

grumpy Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 1:57:59

Yea some stupid fluff happening. any takers on alqueada or some connection with the texas killings (neo-Nuttzies)

highrock Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 3:17:15

BPD is pretty adamant that the "20-year old Saudi national in custody" story is not true.

On another note, I didn't know you were in Boston! I live and go to school in Cambridge.
formerly Viola MD

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 3:22:02

I do not approve of these explosions. :(

braden Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 3:31:31

<3 vic, you're aces and best of luck to anybody in or near or remotely related to this :(

idiots in this world do fluffing dumb fluffing things :(

Pride Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 4:02:28

So sad.

Stevano Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 4:05:50

Very very terrible. Prayers to the families.

de1i Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 4:35:26

<3 vic, be careful

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 16th 2013, 4:40:28

Another domino falls in the story of the End of the U.S. I'm so sorry about the victims, my thoughts and prayers go out to their families.

Glad you weren't at the scene, Vic.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Syko_Killa Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 8:19:46

very unexpected. Keep your heads up high and fear out of your hearts. Sad that this happened; (
Do as I say, not as I do.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 8:26:08

no new taxes? how close is it to the site of the Boston Tea Party?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 9:28:41

Dibs I was wondering how close it was to the boston massacre. When the british troops fired on the American mob

Apr 16th 2013, 9:41:10

didn't see anything about them killing any of the tax protesters when i looked through recent Boston news. hmm, should see if Boston had any fatalities during the Occupy shiznit.

Vic Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 12:21:20

Thanks very much all. I am fine. Just feel so awful for those innocent bystanders and runners. And it's just really strange being right in the middle of all of this. My sister was a block away from the second explosion, and many friends were blocks in between the two :/

And highrock, wow didn't know that. Will send you a pm.

Regarding the Saudi National - they have searched his apt in Revere, and most all networks have photos of the FBI and PD and ATF entering his apt in the middle of the night, just about 4-5 hours ago.

Like I said, I have no idea myself. The initial reports sounded iffy, but now there definitely seems to be some concrete evidence behind it. Especially after the search of the Revere apt.

But of course, most importantly, thoughts out to the victims and their families.

Darakna Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 13:44:33

The Saudi guy is very likely nothing... and just some dudes racial profiling..

I mean it is ok for Arabs to run away from bombs also? Or does that just make them a suspect?

Anyway, it is not the time for that and sorry.

My dad only just left Boston by car for NY 1 hr before it happened :( Mum called me at 3:30am worried. Crazy stuff and certainly tragic.

Vic Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 14:53:52

The Saudi is not "likely nothing".
His birthdate was 3/23/93, his apt in Revere was indeed searched, and it has been confirmed he is from a prominent family in Southern Saudi Arabia.

Racial profiling can happen but for continued confirmed reports, all by opposing media sources all to note that the man is being questioned, and for the FBI to say they will not comment - as opposed to denying it, all lead me to believe there is a hell of a lot more going on here then some racial profiling that would come back to bite Boston officials in the ass (all of whom are pretty damn liberal and likely the last types to racially profile a Saudi National with no evidence at all).

Again, wait and see on that. But as of now he is being questioned and there is plenty of info on it.

Remember, lots of anti US were quick to say there was no proof of Saudi and Arab involvement in 9/11...

Magellaan Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 15:26:25

sad :(
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Trife Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 16:46:40

Originally posted by Cerberus:
the story of the End of the U.S.

what?

Atryn Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 17:28:20

Originally posted by Vic:
The Saudi is not "likely nothing".
His birthdate was 3/23/93...

OMG!!!! His birthday way 3/23/93?!??!?!!? HOLY COW, how did I miss it?!!?!?

Wait, WTF does that have to do with ANYTHING????

Vic Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 17:53:46

Listen, no need to act like that.
If you read the progression of the thread, I was initially skeptic myself.
Typically if someone is racially profiled with absolutely no evidence against them -
while some media outlets may pick it up and mention early on, these sort of "leads" drop off after 24 hours.

In this case, this has not happened and in fact, authorities have continued to pursue this person of interest, much beyond what one would expect to be done beyond an initial questioning. If he is indeed being racially profiled then it will be yet another horrible tragedy to add to this already tragic event.

Like I said, I do not know, and there is no need to get like that. My thoughts and prayers are with the families and victims and I'm just explaining the progression of the case as confirmed by Boston PD and FBI.

This attack hit very close to home, in the small neighborhood i work and live, and I am simply passing along information.
Take care and best wishes to all

mrford Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 18:26:17

you do understand that in an event like this any lead would be followed, regardless of source? the fact that his apartment was searched really means nothing.

he may ob been the bomber, but your evidence, in this case, really means nothing. all you are doing is explaining what most could see on CNN. not exactly a inside source. i am sorry you feel so close to this, but maybe taking a step back would be better?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Atryn Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 19:25:33

Vic - I wasn't commenting on the validity of the lead, racial/ethnic profiling or anything political. I was jesting on the notion that his specific birthdate (which you decided to post) has any bearing on anything... Why, for that matter, did you bother to share his birthdate? Does it have some significance I am not aware of?

Vic Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 20:29:56

I was never attempting to provide insider information. Just relaying what I heard.
More recently, one network has stated that the young man was a victim and not responsible for the attacks. I am just as ready to provide that information as I was the earlier information.

Ford ... ? K thanks for the heartfelt advice.

Apr 16th 2013, 20:31:47

the arabs no longer yell "Allah Akbar" and blow themselves up before running away? that's not right.

Vic Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 20:33:08

And thanks for the more coherent response, Atryn.
I was simply relaying the update I had heard even though it had no significance nor did it validate the lead.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 16th 2013, 21:39:12

Originally posted by Trife:

what?

All the U.S. Government is waiting for is what is referred to as a "Significant Event of National Security" to clamp down on out liberties. At that point anyone can be named an enemy combatant and incarcerated for up to three years in solitary confinement. Just because they said so.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

blid

EE Patron

Apr 16th 2013, 21:55:56

dont talk too loud cerberus, or theyll start with you!!!!
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 16th 2013, 21:59:40

Listen, no need to act like that.
If you read the progression of the thread, I was initially skeptic myself.
Typically if someone is racially profiled with absolutely no evidence against them -
while some media outlets may pick it up and mention early on, these sort of "leads" drop off after 24 hours.

In this case, this has not happened and in fact, authorities have continued to pursue this person of interest, much beyond what one would expect to be done beyond an initial questioning.
what you said here made sense but turns out, it was nothing according to the venerable fox news

Authorities had searched an apartment in the nearby Boston suburb of Revere as part of the investigation into the explosions. But the individual in question, who was initially considered a "person of interest," has now been ruled out as a suspect, sources confirmed to Fox News.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Vic Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 22:03:53

I was never attempting to provide insider information. Just relaying what I heard.
More recently, one network has stated that the young man was a victim and not responsible for the attacks. I am just as ready to provide that information as I was the earlier information.

Yes blid, you are spot on as I had also earlier confirmed

Apr 16th 2013, 22:20:19

what?

All the U.S. Government is waiting for is what is referred to as a "Significant Event of National Security" to clamp down on out liberties. At that point anyone can be named an enemy combatant and incarcerated for up to three years in solitary confinement. Just because they said so.

i should write them a letter bomb. they're obviously confused as to just who is in charge.

mrford Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 22:36:32

Yes blid, you are spot on as I had also earlier confirmed

i conirmed before you confirmed that he had nothing to do with it. i win you lose nana nana boo boo etc
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 22:37:25

what?

im more scared of and dissapointed at people like you than i am the government
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Alin Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 23:18:44

My opinion is there are so much money involved ( since 9/11 ) into fighting the "terrorism" (which i consider to be the fake image of an enemy) and keeping USA tax population with the fear, that is quite profitable to make those explosion happen.

Even if behind those acts there is some sort of "Musamma", i don`t think those 3rd world bombers with a budget of 100k can outsmart CIA or FBI and all the others with budgets of billions.

Today they can see the mark of your cigarette using a satellite but they can`t stop this from happening - -sorry but i can`t "buy" that.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 23:35:46

Dibs be careful what you say on the internet bud

Pain Game profile

Apr 16th 2013, 23:40:07

Originally posted by Alin:
My opinion is there are so much money involved ( since 9/11 ) into fighting the "terrorism" (which i consider to be the fake image of an enemy) and keeping USA tax population with the fear, that is quite profitable to make those explosion happen.

Even if behind those acts there is some sort of "Musamma", i don`t think those 3rd world bombers with a budget of 100k can outsmart CIA or FBI and all the others with budgets of billions.

Today they can see the mark of your cigarette using a satellite but they can`t stop this from happening - -sorry but i can`t "buy" that.

if you actually think the govt watches every single person and can prevent every event like this from happening you are dumber then i thought.
Your mother is a nice woman

Apr 16th 2013, 23:41:10

bah humbug. if they show up, I'll start beotching about how they let a car bomb go off outside my barracks and ask them where the frigging hell my VA loan is.

Trife Game profile

Apr 17th 2013, 0:03:26

what?

Your tinfoil hat needs adjustment.

mrford Game profile

Apr 17th 2013, 0:11:19

he needs an armadillo hat
Swagger of a Chupacabra

blid

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2013, 1:42:17

random hypothesis: it was done by a crazy person like jared loughner

crest23 Game profile

Apr 17th 2013, 2:41:08

I worry about the characters that play this game. The mental demographics would scare the chit out of me, I can tell you that. Thank goodness we got rid of JJ, but I wouldn't want to be driving in a lonely country road and run out of fuel and the only human around for miles is someone like Dibs or Cerb.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

hawkeyee Game profile

Apr 17th 2013, 2:50:22

They couldn't stop Colorado. They couldn't stop Sandy Hook. They couldn't stop Virginia Tech. All the technology and intelligence money in the world can't keep an eye on every single action by every single individual. If it could, there would be no premeditated crimes at all. It doesn't take much to put some crap in a pressure cooker and rig an explosive. I'll bet there are tens of thousands if not more people in the US at this very minute that know exactly how to do it without needing to look anything up. All it takes is one of those people to have a mental break and fluff like this happens. This isn't some giant international terrorism that's been planned for months and the CIA should've known about it... Whoever did this is in the same group as Eric Rudolph (Atlanta Olympics bomber) or the shooters at Fort Hood, Sandy Hook, Colorado etc.
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

Atryn Game profile

Apr 17th 2013, 2:53:43

Originally posted by hawkeyee:
Whoever did this is in the same group as Eric Rudolph (Atlanta Olympics bomber) or the shooters at Fort Hood, Sandy Hook, Colorado etc.

You forgot Dibs...

dellestj Game profile

Apr 17th 2013, 3:39:40

Originally posted by hawkeyee:

They couldn't stop Colorado. They couldn't stop Sandy Hook. They couldn't stop Virginia Tech. All the technology and intelligence money in the world can't keep an eye on every single action by every single individual. If it could, there would be no premeditated crimes at all. It doesn't take much to put some crap in a pressure cooker and rig an explosive. I'll bet there are tens of thousands if not more people in the US at this very minute that know exactly how to do it without needing to look anything up. All it takes is one of those people to have a mental break and fluff like this happens. This isn't some giant international terrorism that's been planned for months and the CIA should've known about it... Whoever did this is in the same group as Eric Rudolph (Atlanta Olympics bomber) or the shooters at Fort Hood, Sandy Hook, Colorado etc.

The issue isn't that we can't keep an eye on everyone. The issue becomes making an event like this easily open to the public that is still affordable for the government to keep us safe. There were dozens of EOD dogs on the ground, along with an increased police presence.

Having been there, it's extremely difficult for me to say that more couldn't have been done. It's easy to say they should have had more police, more dogs, checkpoints etc. etc... But the fact is there has to be a balance between security and freedom, and it just happens that on this day, we didn't have enough.

And for anyone that plays this and was in Boston that day, I hope you and your friends & family are safe. I know it was an experience that I hope to never live through again.

Apr 17th 2013, 7:28:03

Originally posted by crest23:
I worry about the characters that play this game. The mental demographics would scare the chit out of me, I can tell you that. Thank goodness we got rid of JJ, but I wouldn't want to be driving in a lonely country road and run out of fuel and the only human around for miles is someone like Dibs or Cerb.

definitely don't want to bother me for fuel. i gave up driving because of the insurance requirements. don't know whose bright idea it was to get the majority of people to pay for the minority of people who get into accidents, err, no, wait... why the heck are you running out of gas in the middle of nowhere, moron? plan your trips better.

Apr 17th 2013, 7:40:33

and if you're bound and determined to worry about being blown up by me, you might want to rethink the idea about allowing robot cars on the road. while it's a nice thought that they'll save lives by being in fewer accidents, some bloody nut will probably get the idea that they can be packed with explosives and told where to go.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Apr 17th 2013, 7:53:51

Dibs, i hear ya.. speaking of va loan..i'm going to sign for my house tomorrow. You should go through USAA my ex works there in the home mortgage dept. You can actually find out if your pre approved online through your usaa portal.without ever speaking to anyone. Once i saw i was pre approved i pushed forward with it. that was a few months ago. now im going to own my first house hooray!

crest23 Game profile

Apr 17th 2013, 12:22:48

Let's add Sykokilla to the list too. The fact that he is actually responding seriously to something Dibs said is bothersome.
The Nigerian Nightmare.