Verified:

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 3rd 2013, 17:15:04

In an effort to encourage more people here to play on Primary Server, I made this thread!

Slagpit described Primary server as "Wow, can I dare say that primary is almost civilized now?" on page 10 here: http://forums.earthempires.com/...hreadid=21480&page=10

Go go go forth and create your countries! It's less than a day into the new reset!

(Please be aware GDI functions very differently on Primary server.)

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 3rd 2013, 17:35:43

good post. Primary is a blast!

Karim Game profile

Jan 3rd 2013, 18:19:13

Surely better than Alliance: less politics and fluffing there and you actually have to play, not 10k land countries with 200k turrets.
-[Panzer Division MD]-

Magellaan Game profile

Jan 3rd 2013, 18:31:35

No alliances makes a huge difference in how you have to play and the competition is tough, it's a good challenge :)
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Magellaan Game profile

Jan 3rd 2013, 18:39:52

It's not just not being able to have low defense, but it changes how to grab, how to stock, how to destock, what strategies work best. It's refreshingly different :)
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 3rd 2013, 21:45:39

I am gonna play too!!! Oh wait...
*wonders off* :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 3rd 2013, 21:53:06

Gally would get banged at primary.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

DespicableMe Game profile

Jan 4th 2013, 10:31:58

she can handle it Marshal pretty well.. :P

sudark Game profile

Jan 4th 2013, 18:32:26

primary is the purest form of the game!

hawkeyee Game profile

Jan 4th 2013, 18:56:07

Ill give it a shot!
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

hawkeyee Game profile

Jan 4th 2013, 19:04:40

So what do I need to know about 1b? And about GDI?
Minister
The Omega

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 4th 2013, 19:14:32

On Express and Primary servers, GDI functions doesn't reduce the attack NW range at all. Instead, GDI protects a country from _most_ harmful spy ops (doesn't protect steal tech and a few others) and protects against all attack types that are not SS/PS.

If you are in GDI, you may only get special attacked (anything not SS/PS/steal tech) by a country you have attacked more than once over the reset. The catch? You have to join GDI before your first attack of the set or you are barred the remainder of the reset. Also, you cannot leave GDI after joining it.

The Free GDI expenses bonus is a must have if you intend to go for the top 15.

And Humanitarians is 1/4 to x4 NW on Primary. FA is disabled, and Declare War is removed.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 4th 2013, 20:21:55

Whatever you do...DO.NOT.COORDINATE.WITH.YOUR.FRIENDS....

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

hawkeyee Game profile

Jan 5th 2013, 8:19:30

Can I share spy ops with allies? Or no coordination at all?
Minister
The Omega

The Cloaked Game profile

Jan 5th 2013, 8:42:10

no coordination at all.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 5th 2013, 9:04:19

PaleMoon Game profile

Jan 5th 2013, 14:10:03

TTT

Primary is a real test of individual netting skill, not hiding behind your alliance.

(8 of the top 15 were LaFers last set...)
"imo the true issue over there is and always has been palemoon." - Vic (Mr. Clear)

La Famiglia

Rockman Game profile

Jan 5th 2013, 14:34:39

Originally posted by PaleMoon:
TTT

Primary is a real test of individual netting skill, not hiding behind your alliance.

That's just because Lafers are cowards who hide behind massive walls of turrets.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 5th 2013, 15:17:34

Originally posted by Rockman:
TTT

That's just because Lafers are cowards who hide behind massive walls of turrets.

How dare you have turrets.

GreenMan Game profile

Jan 5th 2013, 15:57:11

TTT

Which actually makes it less of an individual effort if a specific alliance all play primary together. Even if there is no coordination, there is an advantage to having a bunch of the top players not hitting each other. (i.e. with a Primary thread in your forums each stating who has which number. Not coordination per se, but definintely an advantage).

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 5th 2013, 16:44:43

Except, top players don't hit each other because land trading doesn't work (we're talking about 30-50m turrets here on 60-80k land), and being retalled is lose-lose.

If you have enough jets to topfeed, then you have too few turrets, and will get topfed by someone even lower in NW.

Rockman Game profile

Jan 5th 2013, 17:30:05

Originally posted by GreenMan:
TTT

Which actually makes it less of an individual effort if a specific alliance all play primary together. Even if there is no coordination, there is an advantage to having a bunch of the top players not hitting each other. (i.e. with a Primary thread in your forums each stating who has which number. Not coordination per se, but definintely an advantage).

We don't hit any other top player, regardless of who they are. Hitting someone who is likely to retal you is not wise. Guys like Serpentor, Reroll, Afaik, Crest23, Blid, etc. are left alone by the Laf players because its not worth the risk to hit them. If you run a good country that can retal, we leave you alone. Unless you're Vivanick and you're using your offensive ally leeches to topfeed your rivals. Then a warmonger from LaF (like me) is gonna come after you.

major Game profile

Jan 5th 2013, 18:21:16

Hell, good post.. Actually gave me the motivation to play primary this set.

herbs12 Game profile

Jan 6th 2013, 1:35:15

I didn't realize everyone I talk to and play with in Primary is a Laf person until now. It's like I'm a minority in the netting world over there.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 6th 2013, 1:48:45

I love Primary :-D join GDI peeps!!!!!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 6th 2013, 4:45:30

I'm not laf either. Don't gang up on me!!! Primary is awesome btw, I pretty much don't really like to play alliance anymore because primary is so much more fun.

You can actually LG!!!
The EEVIL Empire

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 6th 2013, 5:08:38

Originally posted by Serpentor:
I'm not laf either. Don't gang up on me!!! Primary is awesome btw, I pretty much don't really like to play alliance anymore because primary is so much more fun.

You can actually LG without getting gang banged by a tag!!!

Fixed :-D
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 6th 2013, 8:21:07

No most clans LG rules won't let you LG freely because of the way the politics and Retal rules have developed. In Primary you can LG like you used to back in the 90's.
The EEVIL Empire

GreenMan Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 2:52:25

Originally posted by Rockman:
Originally posted by GreenMan:
TTT

We don't hit any other top player, regardless of who they are. Hitting someone who is likely to retal you is not wise. Guys like Serpentor, Reroll, Afaik, Crest23, Blid, etc. are left alone by the Laf players because its not worth the risk to hit them. If you run a good country that can retal, we leave you alone. Unless you're Vivanick and you're using your offensive ally leeches to topfeed your rivals. Then a warmonger from LaF (like me) is gonna come after you.

a) That sounds a lot like coordination
b) More importantly, being one of those countries allows you to potentially have lower defense since fewer people will hit you. This is a large advantage early in the set while people are growing and there is smaller differences between countries.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 8th 2013, 3:00:34

GreenMan, I don't play alliance, and I can attest it has nothing to do with alliances or coordination. Good top 20 players simply don't usually hit other good top 20 players in Primary because landtrading's not as profitable as grabbing guys who can't retal. I frankly don't really understand what you're saying, even though I know you're a good player too.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 8th 2013, 3:04:20

For example, I never tell anyone my country number, but I still mostly never get attacked by the top players. They don't know it's me, they just know they're better off hitting other countries than hitting one with my build and size. In Primary and Express there's actually a lot of targets out there you're allowed to hit freely - maybe you're not used to that. For the first part of the reset a lot of people probably don't even spy on anyone more than half their networth.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

GreenMan Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 3:10:07

Originally posted by blid:
For example, I never tell anyone my country number, but I still mostly never get attacked by the top players. They don't know it's me, they just know they're better off hitting other countries than hitting one with my build and size. In Primary and Express there's actually a lot of targets out there you're allowed to hit freely - maybe you're not used to that. For the first part of the reset a lot of people probably don't even spy on anyone more than half their networth.

I dont' disagree with that. However, I have played tourney a few times, and each time I played I simply didn't bother hitting some players since I knew that they would retal effectively via their country name. In primary, where you have a new country name each time, this is most important inthe beginning of the set. Consequently, having a list of names of who will retal effectively/avoid is an advantage. A small advantage, but an advantage nonetheless.

Again, this is most important in the beginning of the set since it could allow some players to have slightly slower start-ups and still minimize hits against them.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 8th 2013, 3:15:39

Tourney is too different to compare, because the game only has about 40 players. Primary runs something close to 1000.

Like I said, people don't know my country name and they still don't attack me, even if I start slow. So I don't really share your concern. You should try Primary. :)

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 3:15:50

Well Greenman, what you just mentioned is personal reputation, as well as personal experience.

If you KNOW someone will retal you because they use the same country name every reset, then that is what you learned as part of your experience on that server. There is no denying that a player who has been around longer will have a slight advantage due to such knowledge.

This applies to all games. If you KNOW mutalisks are crap against Thors (from past experience), then you have a slight advantage, etc.

Such knowledge doesn't imply that there is any sort of coordination, which is why we're even discussing this. You are trying to claim that avoiding hitting known players is coordination.

GreenMan Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 3:33:42

Originally posted by blid:
Tourney is too different to compare, because the game only has about 40 players. Primary runs something close to 1000.

Like I said, people don't know my country name and they still don't attack me, even if I start slow. So I don't really share your concern. You should try Primary. :)

Too much work to add another server.

Xin, I wasn't claiming it was coordination, more of a minimal, but clear, advantage.

herbs12 Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 3:51:42

I think Greenman the only really advantage if there is one is the top players tend to ally with other top players. So now you will have 2 d allies both in the top with yourself making you much harder to crack then someone who is not up there. But this simply falls in line with what Xin said about experience and being able to place your self up there with the rest. When I started out in primary I could barely hit a top 20 and earned my scores threw perseverance and determination.

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 7:19:46

I never try to find out anyone's country names and I never LG oldman, Xin, blid, or any of the other top players.....why? Because they run good countries and I can recognize a country that can Break me back, therefore I don't hit them.

Even without the server experience, surely you can recognize a country who can Retal. No top player will hang low and let people lg them.
The EEVIL Empire

Magellaan Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 15:44:49

You could topfeed one of the top players. They might leave it at one retal because of the GDI rules. But it's not worth the risk imo. But if one of the known top players falls behind too much I won't hesitate, it's just highly unlikely though.

Last set was my first one in primary and I didn't get grabbed, not even once. I'm less sure about this set as Im running a farmer and will have a slower start. But that's interesting too, you're forced to give thought to how you should run your country in an efficient way or you're toast.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 4th 2013, 16:52:40

Bumpity Bump!

New Primary reset starts in 7 hours!

LATC Game profile

Jul 5th 2013, 3:53:15

JOIN PRIMARY! It's more fulfilling =)
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Grady Game profile

Jul 5th 2013, 15:05:52

I heard that in Primary, tech stealing by countries you have never touched is really bad, even when you have joined GDI?

Drunken Dibs

Jul 5th 2013, 15:10:08

can't. Primary is supposed to be what will be released on facebook. i just don't have the interest nor skillz to stay in the top 100 thousand.
Conformity Requires Sacrifice.
Send Me More 18-20 year old female virgins if you want me to conform properly.

LATC Game profile

Jul 5th 2013, 16:51:31

Originally posted by Grady:
I heard that in Primary, tech stealing by countries you have never touched is really bad, even when you have joined GDI?

I heard in allinace you can't grab anyone, and big alliances make up excuses to slaughter you in a war.. and hold grudges if you help out another small alliance in a war..
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 5th 2013, 17:02:47

Originally posted by Grady:

You can still win even if you had millions of tech stolen from you. Ask LATC.