Verified:

thesaint Game profile

Oct 1st 2012, 3:10:03

Please give me your thoughts on how to pull this off successfully
TheSaintofVenus

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 1st 2012, 15:46:00

Early set - concentrate on oil because oil prices rise fast.

Mid-set - switch rigs to farms over time, because grabbing will slow down and oil demand falls. Meanwhile food demand goes up.

End-set - you should be all farms, and plan a destocking method. There are generally 4 destocking methods: DMBR, TMBR, D0MB or T0MB, some of which depends on whether you switched to Demo to stock.

thesaint Game profile

Oct 2nd 2012, 2:08:39

thanks Xin
TheSaintofVenus

Klown Game profile

Oct 5th 2012, 1:01:40

At what point do you convert to DMBR/TMBR?

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 5th 2012, 1:16:39

Usually at the point such that when you finish conversion to full MBs, you have EXACTLY enough cash to buyout your Private market for the remainder of the reset, to the very last turn.

Yes, this involves mathematics (many use home made spreadsheets), including the cost of conversion including govt change losses, tear down costs, the duration of conversion (acres to rebuild, your BPT), and how fast your PM regenerates.

You then compare this to whether a similar jump without converting to MBs is better. Or if jumping from public is better, or a mixture of both.

Tin Man

Oct 6th 2012, 14:01:57

My usual destock strategy is a T0MB, although that's in FFA with 70k+acres.

Home made spreadsheet FTW, if anyone wants one(or 2 actually) for destocking (Full Priv Market and Empty Priv Market) PM me. Requires Open Office(not sure if Microsoft Spreadsheet can open .ods files or not)

Tin Man

Oct 6th 2012, 14:03:06

lol, then again I had 6 countries switch to TMBR's at 10k acres because I f'ed them all up. FA'ed about 18b into them and jumped at like 2700 turns or so. Ended up averaging about 100mil NW with them

OneMansArmy Game profile

Oct 8th 2012, 8:17:36

How does the private restock work exactly? Does it go faster when your not logged into your country?
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

Marshal Game profile

Oct 8th 2012, 10:55:18

yes, more you are away from your country bigger your priv grows.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

chem20 Game profile

Oct 9th 2012, 2:29:58

ge

OneMansArmy Game profile

Oct 10th 2012, 6:26:26

Originally posted by Marshal:

Wonder why that is in place.. Looking at the Wiki about resellers says it requires multiple logins per day and excellent market knowledge. But then you get penalized for being logged in by your private market not regenerating as fast.. Seems odd to me, but I have only been back to this game for a short while now.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 10th 2012, 11:00:53

resellers log multiple time per day since they buy priv. empty always on every log but non-resellers can sell their stocks and wait couple days and log in with big priv. market and spend all money to priv. units.

fazer Game profile

Oct 12th 2012, 1:10:35

when you switch from oiler to farmer. Buy up Agri tech. Hopefully its come down to around $2k pp.

- -

Fazer - MGP

"if somethings not fun, why do it?"

http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?clanID=MGP

thesaint Game profile

Nov 30th 2012, 13:32:32

tnx all for ur input
TheSaintofVenus

Rockman Game profile

Nov 30th 2012, 15:52:13

Originally posted by OneMansArmy:
How does the private restock work exactly? Does it go faster when your not logged into your country?

Your PM always has the same rate of growth (with the exception of the PM regen bonus, of course). For every turn you get (not including bonus turns), it regenerates 3 troops, 2.5 jets, 2.5 turrets, and 1 tank for each acre you have.

However, any military quantity on your private market when you logout also decays until you login again, I think at 2.5% per turn (I'm not sure on this number). Any military that regenerates while you're not logged in is not subject to decay until after you login.

So as long as you buyout your private market after you login, before you get another turn, then you will be maximizing the amount of military to be purchased off of your private market.

Rockman Game profile

Nov 30th 2012, 15:53:22

Originally posted by OneMansArmy:

Wonder why that is in place.. Looking at the Wiki about resellers says it requires multiple logins per day and excellent market knowledge. But then you get penalized for being logged in by your private market not regenerating as fast.. Seems odd to me, but I have only been back to this game for a short while now.

The wiki is wrong in a lot of places, unfortunately.

Xinhuan Game profile

Nov 30th 2012, 16:06:07

It's 1.5% decay per turn Rockman.

Rockman Game profile

Nov 30th 2012, 16:51:43

Thanks for providing that answer, Xinhuan. It's never really a number I needed to know. All that matters is that you should never leave military on your PM before you logout once you start jumping :)

Marshal Game profile

Nov 30th 2012, 20:45:43

i had bigger priv before i converted to mbr.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 1st 2012, 4:03:26

i had bigger priv before i converted to mbr.

Because at 1.5% decay, you actually gain more than you lose if you login only once a day. So your average PM size is about 1.4x the daily regen if you only login once a day (at equilibrium). This becomes larger the less often you login.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 1st 2012, 11:44:59

i did login once a day since after starting to build i couldn't build all land in few days. after i got built up i had ~6m jets at priv and after that ~3.5m jets and 1 login per day.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 1st 2012, 13:52:29

Believe me, your PM regens at a fixed rate. Whatever you didn't buy out at login decays at 1.5% per turn. Whether you had MBs or not is irrelevant, MBs only affect the buying/selling price and nothing else.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 1st 2012, 17:57:05

still highest was ~6m jets (bought those) and after that 3.5-4m jets (and few m other mil) and all military bought out daily, still enuf to spend my cash before set ends.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 1st 2012, 19:03:18

Isn't the 6mil initially purchased the stock that had been sitting there the whole set building up? Your initial buyout of the private market would be higher than the rest because of all the military that has been accumulating throughout the set so far. After that its only buying out what can be replenished in a day.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 1st 2012, 20:25:04

something like that since i didn't have need to buy jets before.