Verified:

Trife Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 3:31:39

Great movie, the only thing that makes me scratch my head each time I see it is:

When Andy breaks open the poop pipe, it sprays a few feet in the air...

Why? What would cause it to spray like that? The pipe can't be under pressure can it?

Hawk Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 4:32:14

Literary license.

There was no good reason for the spray, other than to emphasize the fact that it was a "poop pipe".

Edited By: Hawk on Aug 22nd 2012, 4:34:50
See Original Post

gambit Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 4:40:45

i claim the rights to the term "poop pipe"!
Natural Born Killer

Drow Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 5:21:04

possibly a gas release would be the only explanation I can think of.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

iScode Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 6:05:26

Originally posted by Drow:
possibly a gas release would be the only explanation I can think of.

+1
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Alin Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 6:42:48

One of the best movie ever made alongside with Schindler`s List & God Father I, II, III.

If you liked Shawshank Redemption you should also try "The Green Mile".

braden Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 8:55:57

if you need one reason to read the stephen king books, the connection between dufresne and the nazi from apt pupil (which is not mentioned in either movie) is reason enough.

tom hanks is one of the best, but read the book first for green mile, too. do it for any of them, with the exception of dream catcher (both sucked :P)

if you haven't read the book for shawshank, then you miss half the story no matter how great the movie is (same goes for stand by me/the body.. same novella, damn it! and then you also get to read my favourite king short story, the breathing method.. macabre :P)

TNTroXxor Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 10:53:21

One of my favorite movies for sure.. The green mile's not bad either
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Rolangunslinger Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 12:06:14

I just hope the movie studios will stop screwing around and make "The Dark Tower" already.

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 12:07:42

"poop pipe"...

I need to find a way to work this into a conversation at work...without it being out of the ordinary...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Kalick Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 14:38:16

Originally posted by Rolangunslinger:
I just hope the movie studios will stop screwing around and make "The Dark Tower" already.

I don't see that happening. I think Universal just passed on it as a movie.

braden Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 15:03:31

last i heard it was going to be a series of movies and tv seasons? i also just now went to check, and warner bros had backed out, but MRC is contemplating stepping up?

i wouldn't go javier bardem as roland, and i sure as heck wouldn't go russel crowe. anson mount, from hell on wheels, thats my roland deschain

Kalick Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 15:08:53

I thought the series of movies plan and TV show was when Ron Howard was on board, but he backed out maybe a year ago.

I saw an article on ew.com yesterday or the day before that said Universal backed out (I think it was Universal).

Kalick Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 15:10:15

I think if it were to happen at all, it would have to be like a Game of Thrones style HBO show. It would be too much to ask the audience to follow it for however many movies it would need.

braden Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 15:20:34

i want one movie for each book, :P

but an hbo game of thrones type tv show only could be really, really good. a season, like ten to twelve episodes per book, we'll be done by 2019 at the earliest, lol

Trife Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 15:42:50

Originally posted by braden:
if you need one reason to read the stephen king books, the connection between dufresne and the nazi from apt pupil (which is not mentioned in either movie) is reason enough.

tom hanks is one of the best, but read the book first for green mile, too. do it for any of them, with the exception of dream catcher (both sucked :P)

if you haven't read the book for shawshank, then you miss half the story no matter how great the movie is (same goes for stand by me/the body.. same novella, damn it! and then you also get to read my favourite king short story, the breathing method.. macabre :P)

books are yukky!

i'll quote charlie and the chocolate factory here

candy is dandy but movies are faster

braden Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 16:21:05

touche

Academus Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 16:57:23

great movie

trumper Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 17:08:06

Let's not forget Red Dawn in the list of good movies.

Trife Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 17:28:14

Originally posted by trumper:
Let's not forget Red Dawn in the list of good movies.

boys!

avenge me!

AVENNGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Patience Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 19:00:04

I'm pretty sure Freddy Mercury coined the phrase 'poop pipe' back in the 70's. :p
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Heston Game profile

Aug 22nd 2012, 21:10:15

the day he broke out through the sewer the prison served meatloaf. everyone knows meatloaf makes you have to poo before bed. it was his only flaw in his escape plan. follow the details of the movie a little closer. sheeesh.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

madjsp Game profile

Aug 23rd 2012, 13:18:40

Originally posted by NukEvil:
"poop pipe"...

I need to find a way to work this into a conversation at work...without it being out of the ordinary...

Were you able to work it in?
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war

Fooglmog Game profile

Aug 23rd 2012, 18:40:39

The sewage pipe could have been under gravity pressure... and that could have caused the poop fountain. But if it did, the pipe would not have then been only half full when he stuck his head in.

My problem with that scene is that he breaks through the pipe in 3 hits, and somehow gets through a hole that it clearly too small for even his head.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Riddler Game profile

Aug 24th 2012, 23:21:27

the only true and correct answer is this..."Hollywood"

Alin Game profile

Sep 4th 2012, 6:55:58

Michael Clarke Duncan - the convicted in "Green Mile" just died.

R.I.P.

EVO|Rasp

Sep 4th 2012, 13:49:37

yep. very sad.

Trife Game profile

Sep 4th 2012, 15:13:06

=[

"Please boss... don't put me in the dark. I's afraid of the dark."

Dissidenticn

Sep 8th 2012, 16:34:08

I work in water and sewer pipe installation. I believe I can answer this question for you. Nobody's house, commercial building, industrial building, or any other place where people work or live have pressurized sewer lines, especially in the 40's. Back then, it was rare to even have steel pipes as sewer lines. It was either wood or clay tile (clay tile was more common by that time). Being clay tile, you WOULD be able to break the sewer line open with a rock (steel you wouldn't have been able to at all) but there's no way sewer would have shot out of the pipe in that way... otherwise it would have kept shooting up and not subsided like it did.

Now, I'm definitely not saying that no sewer lines are ever pressurized, because every city has forcemains and lift stations which are pressurized in order to move sewer from low points to sewer treatment plants. I mean, it cant all be gravity fed... can you imagine the grade on your pipe if it was all gravity fed? impossible for even small cities. BUT, forcemains are never connected to houses or buildings other than pump lift stations and sewer treatment plants.

=)

Mr Emerald

Sep 8th 2012, 19:39:55

I dont know if this is just coincidence.... but the ad made me laugh a bit

http://s9.postimage.org/iqvl8inkf/coincidence.png
We are not the same, I am martian!
you are all retarded in the eyes of fluff
o o
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER TEDDY BEAR!!!

Dissidenticn

Sep 8th 2012, 21:02:01

that's interesting...

cypress Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 4:57:27

Originally posted by Fooglmog:
The sewage pipe could have been under gravity pressure... and that could have caused the poop fountain. But if it did, the pipe would not have then been only half full when he stuck his head in.

My problem with that scene is that he breaks through the pipe in 3 hits, and somehow gets through a hole that it clearly too small for even his head.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Yeap, watched this the other night and was wondering how the hell he managed to squeeze in there!

snawdog Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 11:01:59

Morgan Freeman was taking a gas-infused fluff at that very moment.
ICQ 364553524
msn

NukEvil Game profile

Sep 10th 2012, 15:50:58

POOOOOOOOOOOP PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Marco Game profile

Sep 12th 2012, 0:06:45

Originally posted by NukEvil:
"poop pipe"...

My poop pipe is killing me.
Diarrhea! I'm going home sick.

Dissidenticn

Sep 12th 2012, 2:40:50

The pipe was made of claytile. It's fairly brittle, 3 hits should break it. But I think they had a cutscene so as not to clutter the movie with small details such as hitting the pipe 100 times to make a perfect hole for himself. I think they achieved their goal in portraying that what he was doing was disgusting. =)

GoodPeace Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 20:47:59

Trife, here's another ending for you:

http://wumocomicstrip.com/strip/2012/09/21/

now come back and clean our dirty laundry you ..
La Cosa Nostra