Verified:

Mr Emerald

Jun 17th 2012, 18:47:06

treat untagged strings?

I was thinking of how you could treat strings of countries because they take advantage of hitting tags by doing 1 hit for each country which is BS knowing that it is the same guy hitting your tag.

So for example, if #1451 hits me, then #1452 hits me, then #1456 hits me, I would normally treat that as 3 hits from 3 different untags, but it would be clear that they are part of a string based on numbers and time of the hits as well as country names(if applicable), therefore I would treat it as a triple tap. Which by most policies is a kill for untags.

Would this be a good practice? or would it be hard to enforce?

We are not the same, I am martian!
you are all retarded in the eyes of fluff
o o
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER TEDDY BEAR!!!

rlxdntdt Game profile

Jun 17th 2012, 19:12:06

Hard to enforce and costly if an untag joins your clan again and goes osama:)

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Jun 17th 2012, 19:15:28

its an untag

take whatever action you like, just realize that they'll probably be back
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 17th 2012, 19:17:00

not all agree that three attacks from same player's tagged countries against 1 country are triple tap. I had somewhat long discussion about this with 1 leader last set due he's point of view was that those were individual attacks not 3tap.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

KyleCleric Game profile

Jun 17th 2012, 19:20:19

running untagged is a risk to begin with. grabby untags or untags that retal with attacks other than PS or SS are asking for major problems.
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

Mr Emerald

Jun 17th 2012, 19:22:54

Originally posted by Marshal:
not all agree that three attacks from same player's tagged countries against 1 country are triple tap. I had somewhat long discussion about this with 1 leader last set due he's point of view was that those were individual attacks not 3tap.

Yeah but if it is clear that they are the same string, then they are really ONE person...
o o
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Marshal Game profile

Jun 17th 2012, 19:26:18

it was clear that those countries were same player's countries but he said that no1 accepts at ffa those kind of atacks as 3tap.

Dragon Game profile

Jun 17th 2012, 19:49:40

Probably the best way to deal with it is to kill 50% of the untags countries.

It does no good to kill them all as there has to be a survivor to be told the tale via in-game message. 50% gives the guy/gal a chance to conform to server protocol and still have a half decent round.

That said, I have to believe that 90% of the players playing untagged are up to no good. History shows us that.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 17th 2012, 20:15:46

some use it as wartactic. :P

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Jun 17th 2012, 20:16:49

Kill em All...Let Pang sort em out
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 17th 2012, 20:48:19

lol@dave

your suggestion to kill untaggeds is dangerous.

Mr Emerald

Jun 18th 2012, 3:00:50

Ah I get it Marshal :)
o o
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

QM Diver Game profile

Jun 18th 2012, 4:31:10

One might not be as harsh, to kill the countries, but retal in a progressive way.. In one way or another, being sure that the owner sees that trip tapping countries will not be a very neat thing to fluffinue..

FFA has always a pretty harsh policy on untags IMO, but this is where the question of returning players enter. If we kill em, they will be dead, possibly leaving them thinking, 'Oh, I've been killed! Gee! What fluff heads they have around FFA! fluff this game!'

Then, if.. #1451 hits you, then #1452 hits you, then #1456.. And you retal up to 5:3 or something on all involved, you may be fluffent with the land, and happy to send him/her an ingame message verbally spanking the guy, and make sure he knows why he was farmingly flogged..

Frankly, if it's untagged, the percentage of them being new and not even knowing what 'farming' is, should be the case, but are prolly slim.

Where are the days when, if one used a missile/missiles, only to have the recipeint, sabotage' every single missile in every single country? This type of hand slapping worked really well...
Well, at least it did when that sumfluff disabled mine...

;o)

I'd like to think Dragon's thought is too high, re. 90% being up to no good..

Policy isn't easy, as the changing aspects of the game and fewer players fluffinue to play into the mix.....

I miss nOObs and their fresh meat!.. The looks on their face, when you enlighten them in some things, is just mahvelous!
No.... REALLY!

Just ask Gambit!

:P

Edited By: QM Diver on Jun 18th 2012, 4:36:40
See Original Post
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Tin Man

Jun 18th 2012, 5:15:36

I think the administration needs to find a better way to communicate with new players in game, like quick links to apply to clans and general rules of the game(if you run tagged you have a very high chance of either a. getting farmed or b. getting killed when you retal)

mdevol Game profile

Jun 18th 2012, 6:29:04

I like to follow the "depends on my mood" rule.

however if a string of untagged hits me i will collect 2:1 escalating, if my string is hit 4 or 5 times that is a TON of land I will be getting back

Edited By: mdevol on Jun 23rd 2012, 19:45:14
See Original Post
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Mr Emerald

Jun 18th 2012, 9:23:13

I like your style mdevol :)
o o
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 18th 2012, 15:26:32

Use those 3 as Nukes and EM dumps, and send him a message as to why you did it, you kill 2 birds with 1 stone haha.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

mdevol Game profile

Jun 18th 2012, 16:29:51

i like to save my missile for real suiciders, not the n00bs

Edited By: mdevol on Jun 23rd 2012, 19:44:45
See Original Post
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

QM Diver Game profile

Jun 23rd 2012, 19:35:54

Originally posted by Tin Man:
I think the administration needs to find a better way to communicate with new players in game, like quick links to apply to clans and general rules of the game(if you run tagged you have a very high chance of either a. getting farmed or b. getting killed when you retal)

Yes, this may be something that could help the ignorant nOObs..
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Dragon Game profile

Jun 23rd 2012, 19:53:17

You know, If an untagged string hits you and you kill all but one of their countries and then send the survivor an in-game message about why they were killed, that's one less "ignorant n00b". They no longer can cry ingnorance.

A few sets back, this untagged guy grabbed the crap out of me. I did the retals and then sent him an in-game message. I killed one of his countries explaining why it was killed for 5 grabs on one country. He sent me a reply to the effect that because he had numerical offensive superiority, that I should not dare retal him.

Now, that's all n00bly and stuff, but then the dude proceeded to RoR me.

Let's just say he had no country left to send another in game message to after that.

The burned hand teaches best, I think. And sometimes, you gotta burn the whole damn arm. :)

Edited By: Dragon on Jun 23rd 2012, 19:55:43
See Original Post