Verified:

Mr. Titanium Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 17:59:02

Originally posted by IfoundYouCheating:
Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
RD players who 5 sets ago struggled to break top 100 now dominate the top 10.

I thought this was a joke until braden confirmed that the best RD netter outside of the land traders and Mr. Titanium/Seth with his 16 countries in RD was an all-explore, braden no less.

Braden was incorrect confirming I run 16 countries within RD. I actually run 32. Martian allows this because I am special. In fact we have 33 countries in RD this set, I am running 32 and Braden is running one. He will be the 1 all explore.

.... Waiting for Martian's confirmation ...

hawkeyee Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 19:02:52

Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Originally posted by IfoundYouCheating:
RD players who 5 sets ago struggled to break top 100 now dominate the top 10.

I thought this was a joke until braden confirmed that the best RD netter outside of the land traders and Mr. Titanium/Seth with his 16 countries in RD was an all-explore, braden no less.

Braden was incorrect confirming I run 16 countries within RD. I actually run 32. Martian allows this because I am special. In fact we have 33 countries in RD this set, I am running 32 and Braden is running one. He will be the 1 all explore.

.... Waiting for Martian's confirmation ...

Just an FYI for your own records - I promised Martian that I'd buy him a beer at a Jays game so he's letting me play 10 countries myself. I think we're up to 43 now.
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

grimjoww Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 19:11:20

i dont like landtrading. nuff said. bye ^^

crest23 Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 21:29:18

Originally posted by grimjoww:

Skilled players never do. I hear a lot of crickets from martian.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

braden Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 21:51:21

oh, i'm sorry tits. i could only discern the sixteen. you do well in concealing them, playing times and the like.

and to the ifoundyoucheating gentleman, it wasn't so much a confirmation as a simply pointing out. but thanks for the thinly veiled insult, i had a good chuckle ;)

boltar i agree! i would rather all explore, as well, i just don't see me retiring any time soon :P

lostmonk Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 22:43:33

Originally posted by crest23:

By skilled players, I assume you mean those that farm every untagged they can until the point they no longer play the game?
Done.

Boltar Game profile

Jun 6th 2012, 22:44:54

those untaggeds are usually landfarms.. there is prolly a 5% player base that is an actual noob playing untagged

kingofthezulus

Jun 6th 2012, 23:22:30

Like some others I think land trading is just a symptom. I think what we should be discussing is how we can change pacting practices to make the game more competitive. The game mechanics work, we need to change the way we approach the game. Suggestions?

crest23 Game profile

Jun 7th 2012, 0:07:29

Originally posted by lostmonk:

By skilled players, I assume you mean those that farm every untagged they can until the point they no longer play the game?

No, I mean players that do very well playing SOLO on solo servers. Not players that need all sorts of gimmicks. I don't think there are enough untags in the game for everyone unless you can prove to me that every player on the server got their land strictly by farming untags.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Mr. Titanium Game profile

Jun 7th 2012, 0:26:32

Crest do you even play on the alliance server?

The reason you don't understand why landtrading would be difficult to do efficiently is simply because you have never landtraded. It is not difficult to coordinate a landtrade. You don't even have to coordinate it, you just attack someone, same as any other server.

There's a lot of strategy that goes into doing it effectively which is why you see landtraders scattered across the top 400 and not making up the entire top 100. Most people don't do it well because most people that do it don't understand how to do it well.

It's the same thing with any other strategy or land generation strategy. Nothing in this game is easy to be good at, you have to take time to understand it and learn from trial and error or others before you.

Bigwiggle Game profile

Jun 7th 2012, 0:38:08

Land trading is pretty simple actually .. play a few sets in FFA and it becomes second nature. IF L:L policies and land trading are applied together though, some of these top 1A netters would run away with it.

I've seen some comments about intra-alliance landtrading in this thread, that doesn't happen now does it? That's a pandora's box that this server may not want to open
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

Thomas Game profile

Jun 7th 2012, 1:00:18

Originally posted by Bigwiggle:
I've seen some comments about intra-alliance landtrading in this thread, that doesn't happen now does it? That's a pandora's box that this server may not want to open

There are some RD top 10 finishes that did it

Pain Game profile

Jun 7th 2012, 1:04:47

actually the people most vocal are not skilled at all, hence the reason they complain about it, it makes them suck even worse.

land trading does not take skill per se, but it does take alot of skill to do "correctly". love how everyone says its so easy yet have clearly never tried it. it costs significantly more then standard land grabbing and is 3 times as risky because of the need to run low defense.

as im guilty myself of landtrading i dont actually really like doing it. i have way more fun grabbing other countries and taking retals. but if the players in my alliance enjoy doing it then i wont tell them no, just like the players in imag dont like it and so they wont pact people who do it. i dont fault anyone for disagreeing.
Your mother is a nice woman

trep Game profile

Jun 7th 2012, 1:33:13

To be honest I didn't read through the whole thread...

But I mean you all care too much about the game and community rules that cannot be game rules. I don't get why the "landtraders" don't just do all landfarms. I'm sure a lot of the people in the alliances don't really care that much and would just switch off sets running landfarms for each other.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jun 7th 2012, 1:41:12

Originally posted by trep:

But I mean you all care too much about the game and community rules that cannot be game rules. I don't get why the "landtraders" don't just do all landfarms. I'm sure a lot of the people in the alliances don't really care that much and would just switch off sets running landfarms for each other.
RD already does internal farming and detagging the country at the end.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Hopeless Game profile

Jun 7th 2012, 3:18:54

RD detagged people at the end to win average nw? LMAO that is low

Pain Game profile

Jun 7th 2012, 4:11:14

Originally posted by trep:

RD already does internal farming and detagging the country at the end.

its called reps you dumbfluff but keep on thinking what you want, youre going to do it anyways.
Your mother is a nice woman

davidoss Game profile

Jun 7th 2012, 4:48:05

Brink Game profile

Jun 7th 2012, 4:56:56

That does it!

Hawkeye's girlfriend is better looking than mine. Now, I could go out and get a better looking girlfriend for myself, but instead I am going to wait around a dark corner, and jump out and pummel him when he least expects it. Hopefully, I'll be able to kill him.

Maybe I'll just get a whole bunch of guys who all have less attractive girlfriends than Hawkeye's and we will all get together and really beat him down. Once again, I hope he dies.

At the very least, I will publicly denounce him as immoral for having the audacity to try and date a much hotter than normal gal.

Where the hell does he get off trying to do better than average?

Pissed over here!

Hopeless Game profile

Jun 7th 2012, 14:05:13

Originally posted by davidoss:

go away, i would never join a caught cheating clan

Mr. Iris Game profile

Jun 7th 2012, 16:28:33

Many thanks to the people who took the time to respond to my post, your input was very helpful to help me come to a decision on what land trading policies there should be. Especially those of you who are so passionate about the issue that you devote months out of your life/reset to suiciding my alliance.
Originally posted by archaic:
see many colors
fluttering in the spring winds
Iris blooms again

Thomas Game profile

Jun 7th 2012, 22:33:03

Well SoF's anti-landtrading stance is obviously shaky now that they're working on creating a stronger relationship with RD.

I guess I only got one serious offer left...

BattleKJ Game profile

Jun 7th 2012, 22:47:07

SoF are actually very against landtrading. lol

Welcome to Evolution!

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 1:04:40

thomas, this is also why you are single. you're too picky!
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

Thomas Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 1:46:39

I'm engaged mofo :P

Murf Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 6:09:46

Your a fluffing moron, SoF is the only tag that has killed ppl over landtrading

EVO embraces intag farming and land trading

Once a waste of space always a waste of space

Kumander Otbol

Jun 8th 2012, 6:14:49

let him be murf. he doesn't know anything about SoF when he said that. lol.
Originally posted by cypress:
no reason to start slacking just because they are getting FA

fluff them....we'll steamroll them even with the FA they are getting

Thomas Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 16:40:26

What's the difference? I actually have friends in Evo. I was tempted to go there, but wanted to put an end to landtrading. So I joined SoF, that was public about their anti-landtrading ideas.

Instead, I find that SoF is going to be engaged in a server war that has little to do with landtrading, and probably will extend beyond this reset. And then teamed up with RD of all tags for their help. That doesn't sound like SoF is making a stand against landtraders... by enlisting the help of the biggest culprits.

Sorry, I'm not going to stay with a tag that didn't disclose all the facts to me. Anti-landtrading is black and white, there is no grey area, there is no "we'll allow it this set because it's in our best interests, but in 3 sets we're definitely against it again."

Call me a waste of space. Be pissed at me. I've never cared before, so why would I now?

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 16:44:33

just quit playing until they get rid of ghost acres. try some Diablo 3, you might like it.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Sov Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 16:48:23

Evo suits you, I think you belong there.

Murf Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 17:40:37

Lol EVO have landtrading pacts with pdm, it ain't called that but it encourages both tags to hit, last I checked EVO and rd were also allied

Ivan Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 17:43:29

Well as long as im a head in SoF we will be against landtrading and considering that ive have been a head in SoF for the past 6 years I dont really see myself going anywhere soon :P

but whaever

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 8th 2012, 17:44:43

ya, I hate agreeing with Thomas, but SoF's top two exports are definitely douchebaggery and hypocrisy.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Mr.Silver

Jun 8th 2012, 17:49:25

Originally posted by Hopeless:
RD detagged people at the end to win average nw? LMAO that is low

ummm... we had 2 countries in our tag with a roughly a billion bushels in stock that never jumped and we kept them in tag.

We removed players that hadn't played in 3-4 weeks and a country that was being played as a farm to pay back reps owed to us... we'd be silly to keep all that tagged

Ivan Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 18:00:01

LOL@Pang

That definately came from the right person

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 18:01:26

Originally posted by Ivan:
LOL@Pang

That definately came from the right person

NaturalS and lost wars with EVO.

I'm not sure you're the "right" person either.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Flamey Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 18:06:39

Originally posted by Pang:
ya, I hate agreeing with Thomas, but SoF's top two exports are definitely douchebaggery and hypocrisy.

What do you mean by hypocrisy? Something like condemning and booting someone from the game for hacking/playing with tools, while you yourself happilly accepted infortmation and access from the Wazmo mod tools (during the OMAC era) from the same person you banned; and used the information, including IPs to track players who were enemies to LaF...

Mr. Iris Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 18:06:58

RD and SoF have an interesting land trading pact, they give us 3 acres for every 1 they take. Any SoF member down to trade?
Originally posted by archaic:
see many colors
fluttering in the spring winds
Iris blooms again

Ivan Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 18:07:26

But of course when pang did it that wasnt ill gotten information flamey!

Ivan Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 18:08:28

Not to mention that evo are so against landtrading that they signed an FDP with PDM

Hmm hypocrizy much?

SOF would be happy to do a friendly war with EVO Nukevil, shall we say in 3 weeks?

Ivan Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 18:10:05

How come evos admins wasnt banned and booted when they used ill gotten information from the database btw?

good stuff pang nice chattin with ya as always

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 8th 2012, 18:10:50

yes, it did come from the right person because I've played in sof several times and observed it first hand over the years. i have the done the research to back up my statements, you just throw random fluff out in the hope that someone feels like getting into some kind of bobby flay-esque throwdown
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 19:11:05

SOF would be happy to do a friendly war with EVO Nukevil, shall we say in 3 weeks?

Last time EVO had a 'friendly' war with SoF, SoF got mad and took their tiny little balls home, only to bring them back almost a year later and lose them to EVO for real.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Ivan Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 19:24:21

Last time SOF and EVO had a friendly, SOF was about 300% bigger then EVO yet evo talks a lot so here im offering you another one

SOF vs EVO 1 vs 1

take it or shut it :)

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 19:54:37

You're not offering ME another 'friendly'...I don't play Alliance anymore...haven't played it in like 3 or 4 resets now.

I just like pointing out others' stupidity. Hope you don't mind.

Ivan Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 20:01:39

So your acting fluffy for winning a war that you won when you had the numbers on your side?

Ok

SOF beat the fluff out of evo before
sof beat the fluff out of red before
sof beat the fluff out of un4given before
etc
etc
etc
etc

f l u f f

archaic Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 20:27:45

Pointing out Ivans stupidity is like pointing out the sky's blueness. I always lol at Ivans tirades about land trading when:

A - It does not affect Sof even a teeny tiny bit,
B - Ivan could not net his way out of a paper bag

This is basically just like Sof did to NA and ICN and now PDM. They find somebody weaker but not too weak and they trump up some BS charge against them so they can bully them around until they get bored with it. Sof then walks away hi-fiving each other and leaves some tag that never did anything directly to them coughing up dust trying to figure out why they won the asshat lottery.

Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Ivan Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 20:48:02

A Sure it does, it ruins our netgaining when we get the chance to net

B Pretty sure i got more top 10 finishes then you do, and I got mine without landtrading

As usual your talking about things you have no idea about
F L U F F

anoniem Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 22:20:08

A Sure it does, it ruins our netgaining when we get the chance to net

lmao.. funniest thing ive read all year. you're implying that nobody ever allows your clan to netgain, but the truth is you are too busy forcing other alliance's hands and planning fses on netting clans. you rarely net because you dont want to net, and even when you do you try to palm it off as if you're doing a favour to the server by not blindsiding some poor netting tag half your size.
re(ally)tired

Murf Game profile

Jun 9th 2012, 8:35:18

archaic i can guarentee you in a straight up netgaining competition Ivan would wipe the floor with you