Verified:

sbaxter117 Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 23:29:39

[First Part]
I know that their are 5 Brigades but I had an idea to have 5 Attack Forces(combined units in one force) that can be renamed and a "National Guard" that is solely for defense while the others are ready to deploy, but until they deploy, they act as defense. This would also allow for a user to be at war with a maximum of five people at a time.

[Second Part]
These Brigades and the "National Guard" would also be more customizable(spell fail I know), so that we can decide how many units are in each part of the military.

[Third Part]
Different branches for the military. Such as an Air Force, Army, National Guard, and Navy. Having these branches would allow a more realistic game. Having several kinds of battles like, air battle (to gain air dominance that would allow some sort of bonus), a naval battle (sea dominance for invading) and the obvious ground battles to conquer land and capture buildings. This would also make available to new kinds of units such as different tanks, jets and troops. Like heavy tanks, light tanks, that each have some advantage over another while lacking something. I have many many ideas for this so if this is a good idea Admins and Mods contact me more about it, don't wanna ruin a possible surprise(;

[Fourth Part]
A World Map, this would allow for a maximum amount of land to be bought on a server and would allow players to place their countries on a map(like earth) and expand through conquest. And pretty much who ever dominates the globe wins, this would mean maybe longer rounds which is funner in the long run. Once all the land is taken, new countries have to start on a new game server of the same game mode, allowing a lot of fun but only 1 player and be on 1 game server of the same type. Having a map could make new kinds of alliances such as trade unions in parts of the planet.

Well that's my huge suggestion, please don't call this "stupid" or anything like that. Make a good argument or support it. Either way, it's just a suggestion.

Tin Man

Apr 13th 2012, 12:53:15

sounds like you are trying to change the dynamics of the game too much baxter. The best part about this game IMO is the simplicity of it mixed with the unending possibilities of different country builds.

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 13th 2012, 13:49:52

It's not unending Tin Man. Because the game rules haven't really changed for such a long time, mathematical models of "ideal" countries have been done, and there are really about 10 or so valid strategies once you throw away the non-optimal countries/strategies. Most of the game equations from turn to turn are known (the unknown ones are generally SPAL related).

By mathematical models, I mean things like "ideal tax rate", "best res/bus ratio to build for maxed revenue" for optimal govt/strat combinations, "t0mb jump" versus "tmbr jump" versus "demo public jump", etc.

This game needs more changes to shake things up, but the developers are very cautious about it because they fear that a change might unbalance the game too much in some direction.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2012, 14:53:46

What's better, 0mb or tmbr jump? What's the res/bus ratio? I don't know jack. :P
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

sbaxter117 Game profile

Apr 13th 2012, 15:11:42

I was just interested in making the game more realistic then it is. Even though I literary just started playing yesterday. lol

Forgotten

Apr 13th 2012, 18:23:34

I think there are potentials.

I also think, that we should have what we have, for the past 15 years, to remain here. As a classic Alliance server, so old foogies can keep doing their thing.

But there could be new possibilities for NEW Alliance server, where we have a completely different dynamic, where netgainers will get to have new numbers to crunch for fun.

Let's face it, 60% of the player base in Alliance right now do things on experience, they don't need to learn anything, they might need to re-learn things, but it's things that they just forgotten.

A new server type with a new dynamic and new rules, would be an even ground for players that have played this for one month, and those that have been here since solaria.net.

Would be fun?
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

sbaxter117 Game profile

Apr 13th 2012, 21:38:44

I agree. Maybe add a sandbox server for players to test new features and so programmers can perfect the scripts and fix bugs if any then once it's done, add them on the main game. So they don't have to worry about a lot of problems.
(Unless there already is a server like that then I will feel dumb for posting this)

Marshal Game profile

Apr 13th 2012, 22:23:15

there is test server where things are tested but still there'll be bugs (like restart change on FFA where restarts had neg. income and other servers players had pos. income).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 14th 2012, 3:21:07

He's talking about a public test server, Marshal. Not a private one that maybe only 20 people have access to.

Gzisimon2 Game profile

Apr 14th 2012, 3:52:58

Nice suggestions, but with so many changes would the game still be earth 2025?

And the game dynamics are different as the amount of people playing are much less.

I hate change (Then again I am kinda old).

It has quite a high learning curve IMHO, making it more complex would make it even higher.

Making a new server could attract more players, or it could alienate existing ones.

Alot of old players don't even know that Earth is back up, I think getting these players back is a more important priority, and too much change will make it unrecognizable.

As the first internet browser game, IMHO, Earth doesn't attract many new players because people expect better graphics and more eye candy.

I'm sorry for being so blunt with you, but it is my honest and humble opinion.

Marshal Game profile

Apr 14th 2012, 16:42:32

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
He's talking about a public test server, Marshal. Not a private one that maybe only 20 people have access to.

access to test server can be get via request and FFA is public "test" server.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

sbaxter117 Game profile

Apr 16th 2012, 18:28:04

@Gzisimon: I thought the game was called Earth Empires..?
And I know, but with younger kids on the internet and older people not on the internet as much because they're getting their lives together, games should be adapting to new player audiences, not staying the same as the old player audience that is slowly disapearing over time.
As a newer player, I think change is a good thing, everyone has to adapt to survive and so do websites. Such as Facebook, sense the launch of Google+ they have added tons of features to try to compete with them.
Change is needed over time my fellow player.

Watertowers

Apr 22nd 2012, 14:14:54

I would support an experimental server, but Earth is Earth, like Chess is Chess.

Gzisimon2 Game profile

Apr 23rd 2012, 9:16:32

It was called Earth 2025 when it was first created.

It was recreated a short time ago, and is now called Earth Empires.

The people playing now are a fraction of the old server. That's why I feel it's important to try and get them back.

bru

May 7th 2012, 14:14:58

would love to see the ability to steal tech from dead countries come back into the game.