Verified:

vintage'

Mar 15th 2012, 20:16:33

Positively a brilliant and humorous response to the notion that the
bible is the ultimate justification for any conflicting viewpoint in this
day and age.

On her radio show, Dr Laura Schlesinger said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance.

The following response is an open letter to Dr. Laura, written by a U.S. man, and posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as informative:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination ... End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians.
Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of Menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take
offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors.....They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend).

He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your adoring fan,

James M. Kauffman, Ed.D. Professor Emeritus,
Dept. Of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education
University of Virginia

P.S. It would be a damn shame if we couldn't own a Canadian.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Mar 15th 2012, 20:27:01

I predict this thread being deleted/closed. =P
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

iScode Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 20:27:28

That is pretty gay
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 15th 2012, 20:32:19

Talking about stupid....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Deerhunter Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 21:21:42

This thread is gay.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Trife Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 21:29:48

Religion is pretty gay

braden Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 21:53:25

trife is pretty.. no, too easy, lets just stick with trife is pretty..

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 22:00:37

hmmm, Thou shalt not lie to man as you would to a woman. because it is an abomination to lie to somebody who can kick your ass. hmm, thumping my Nook might actually turn out to be fun. :-P
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Alin Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 22:03:37

if there would have been a way "ttb" ( to the buttom ) i will happly use it ... 10 or 20 times.

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 22:04:18

I own a Canadian...I call her my girlfriend. I remind her every day that she is my property.
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

Mar 15th 2012, 22:08:32

thought you didn't own her until you married her?

jabberwocky Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 22:15:41

nah, just a gun.

Oceana Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 22:25:14

we so own canada

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 15th 2012, 22:45:35

This is a line by line direct ripoff out of an episode of "The West Wing", you are quoting Martin Sheen's character.

Mapleson Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 22:51:40

ZIP Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 23:30:22

am i the only one who like it?
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 16th 2012, 2:12:34

that response is a variant of something that has been circulating around the internet for years.
What you really need to do is have a sue-ance
:)
Also someone told me that Religious jews only object to homsexuality in males and not females.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Detmer Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 3:17:03

Originally posted by ZIP:
am i the only one who like it?

No

jabberwocky Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 3:19:41

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
This is a line by line direct ripoff out of an episode of "The West Wing", you are quoting Martin Sheen's character.

actually the letter came before the episode, the show used it. It's a pretty old letter.

vintage'

Mar 16th 2012, 3:20:27

:P Who cares where I got it. It amused me, I thought it may amuse others.

But if I need to...this post did not intend to infringe on any yada yada yada...happy h4x? :P

Schilling Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 3:27:09

Originally posted by martian:
:)
Also someone told me that Religious jews only object to homsexuality in males and not females.

Seems fair to me. The Catholics seem to take the opposite approach to that situation...

Klown Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 5:04:24

yawnnnnnnnnnnn

Pain Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 6:10:59

i thought it was hilarious.
Your mother is a nice woman

Mar 16th 2012, 8:27:45

i like it. but i'm curious as to why an Orthodox Jew is quoting from the Catholic Bible. har, har, har....