Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 15th 2012, 15:14:54

How come everywhere this pops up it is always a negative thing and leads to an argument? Do you two not realize that you're only as good as your competition and that when you constantly push yourselves to up the other it only makes you better? can't you see that your "rivalry" if you want to call it that is a mutually beneficial thing for both parties involved?

I'd rather see you duke it out on the scores list than anything else to be completely honest. Don't tear each other down just compete.

NRS Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 15:28:45

!

Son Goku Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 15:33:28

We both realize that and have some modicum of respect under all the insults =p

The game would be a lot more boring for me without evo around.

Mapleson Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 15:54:15

It's hard to compete without feeling like you have been disadvantaged at some point. This is espically true when both sides have a different view of history and the terms of pacts involved.

EVO tried setting LaF up with a pact that was breakable by an allies offensive action. LaF thought those terms began last reset, when EVO was goading Rival into a war (personal insults, etc). LaF think they supported an ally to the letter of the pact, while EVO says that pact didn't start until this reset.

The reset before that, different LaF leadership attacked EVO. Again the two sides cannot agree what was agreed upon.

So until they start having their pacts reviewed by a third party or ever AT, there is little basis for civil relations. It's just like a bitter divorce, he said-she said.

anoniem Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 17:04:48

megalawlz
re(ally)tired

davidoss Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 17:06:52

I'm just waiting for this to turn into another LaF-Evo flame thread.

anoniem Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 17:07:36

how about SG and I flame you instead?
re(ally)tired

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 15th 2012, 18:03:39

Originally posted by anoniem:
how about SG and I flame you instead?

You are quite the poster Anoniem!

Helmet Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 18:09:21

Evo started it!

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 15th 2012, 18:46:17

Of course we realize that and it is pretty much common knowledge internally.

But to say that one side shouldn't get upset if/when the other side trolls them is just silly and idealistic. Turning the other cheek isn't a luxury that can be afforded in a community where perception matters, and history tends to be written by those who talk the loudest and capture the most support.

Forgotten

Mar 15th 2012, 19:12:57

H4 is a racist!

Now if H4 doesn't defend himself, he will forever be labeled as one.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Mar 15th 2012, 19:55:56

Originally posted by Forgotten:
H4 is a racist!

Now if H4 doesn't defend himself, he will forever be labeled as one.

nah, everything you say is immediately forgotten

:D

hanlong Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 20:06:24

evo are extremely good netgainers. and i'm happy they push us to be better netgainers. i'm pretty sure a lot of this is shared by both sides.

my only gripe was when my alliance's name is dragged thru the mud by evo, i have a natural tendency to defend my alliance =)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 20:13:05

No offense, hanlong, but your alliance does that all by itself...EVO just reminds everyone else of it over and over and over and over and over...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

hanlong Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 20:16:01

and those comments are precisely the ones that gets LaF riled up, which then feeds more posts like that by you.

its a vicious cycle, and i'm happy to know that you love continuing it NukEvil ;P

although i do realize you aren't technically "IN EVO" anymore, so usually it's when active heads of Evo do it is when we get more riled up.

right now i read your bs and just lulz at it. ;P
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 15th 2012, 20:49:13

LaF's had the bad fortune, or whatever you want to call it, of being targeted by war alliances for longer durations than Evo. An additional reason for this is that Evo sucked it up and took a few lumps for a while and went back to focusing on netting while LaF was too proud and brought the fight to their enemies. I like the LaF approach better, but Evo's does allow for more netting rounds. Evo and LaF need a mutual 2-round netting prep before a championship netting round to settle the score.

I'd go back to LaF for that and drag LaF's ANW down but give others the tools to pull it up, just like the old days!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Jiman Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 21:01:46

Neither Laf or Evo are perfect and have issues that offends one another that you both have to deal with if you were to get a long.
Evo is pissed at Laf for items and Laf believe they havent done anything wrong, so they respond without talking about the issues.
Same for the vis versa.

Sadly, before this can even happen, both sides also need to drop there defensive attitudes that have created while being leaders.
This would only happen if trust could be created between the two parties.
(eats an apple)

Edit:

Good observation Pang imo.

hanlong Game profile

Mar 15th 2012, 21:08:39

i talk about the issues in private with evo all the time

i am confident one day we won't going into this stupid flame cycle we have going on for the past few years
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 0:03:35

You got to realize, the Evo vs LaF mentality isn't necessarily a bad thing. However, it simply doesn't need to be repeated across 20 threads.

anoniem Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 0:33:56

funny how you don't like certain comments, whereas evo have problems with in-game actions.

you try and parade nukevil as some head organiser in evo, where he hasnt been a leader in over 4 years, and currently doesn't play nor have access to evo. but when you have your head of war running untagged suiciders on evo, we must bend over and accept that the guy is not affiliated with laf, despite it being the same reset that he was head of war. funny how words on a forum are oh so more damaging than ingame dirty tactics.

hypocrisy again.

you want people like me to stay off AT, then stop giving me reason to post.

"my only gripe was when my alliance's name is dragged thru the mud by evo, i have a natural tendency to defend my alliance =)"
re(ally)tired

locket Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 1:13:31

funny how you don't like certain comments, whereas evo have problems with in-game actions.

you try and parade nukevil as some head organiser in evo, where he hasnt been a leader in over 4 years, and currently doesn't play nor have access to evo. but when you have your head of war running untagged suiciders on evo, we must bend over and accept that the guy is not affiliated with laf, despite it being the same reset that he was head of war. funny how words on a forum are oh so more damaging than ingame dirty tactics.

hypocrisy again.

you want people like me to stay off AT, then stop giving me reason to post.

"my only gripe was when my alliance's name is dragged thru the mud by evo, i have a natural tendency to defend my alliance =)"

People like you... I am glad you admit people like you shouldn't be on AT :) That's step 1. Although bringing up the same bad argument you always do and after all the times you get shut down makes it step 0.5.

anoniem Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 1:24:35

shut down by whom?

admittance to what? you can't even infer that from what i said. you really are fluffing stupid aren't you.
re(ally)tired

locket Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 1:28:08

Admit to what? You can read what I said. "you want people like me to stay off AT, then stop giving me reason to post."

Shut down by anyone who ever posted on the topic(typically hanlong), but often people from any clan tired of you whining about the same old things. Even Nukevil recognizes it while insulting both laf and evo. He made me laugh anyways :P

On second thought. Keep annoying them. Certain people deserve the crap they get -_-

Edited By: locket on Mar 16th 2012, 1:36:49
See Original Post

anoniem Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 1:36:34

i was talking to hanlong you dimwit (regarding the quote you just used), and it was a reference to something he said to me in IRC.

i have to use a lot of parentheses to explain every little thing to you.

you bore me.
re(ally)tired

locket Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 1:37:51

i was talking to hanlong you dimwit, and it was a reference to something he said to me in IRC.

you bore me.

Clearly we aren't on the same page. Enjoy arguing with Laf people who care instead of me who doesn't :P

anoniem Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 1:40:43

I knew you wouldn't understand it without the added parenthesis. Wow, you really are as thick as originally thought.
re(ally)tired

Forgotten

Mar 16th 2012, 1:42:08

I miss bore too, time to spam his FB page.

I also don't want to play the throw dirt at each other game, because the dirt I have, I can't throw, because if I do it, I will get banned.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Jiman Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 4:21:52

Forgotten, I am here for you brother!

locket Game profile

Mar 16th 2012, 5:06:02

I knew you wouldn't understand it without the added parenthesis. Wow, you really are as thick as originally thought.

You realize I was exiting the "argument" since it was pointless. I thought it best if we didnt fluff :P Things were going so well for a couple of weeks ;)