Verified:

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 10th 2012, 17:27:11

My thoughts:

CHANGE #1: All countries start in GDI and all countries can leave GDI at any time but cannot rejoin.

I've been suggesting this in multiple places. I've said before that Express and Primary is too easily suicided on unless GDI was opt-out, particularly for new players.

CHANGE #2: A country is kicked out of GDI if it does 5 or more landgrabs on the same target.

5 is too many. Make it 3. The rule also suggests that if 2 countries exchange 2 landgrabs with each other, they can still both war each other to death but neither will exit GDI as long as they don't make a 3rd grab on each other, and only use special attacks from that point onwards.

CHANGE #3: Special attacks do not add to the defender's DR.

The problem I have with this is that a country being ABed or BRed into a useless country will be grabbed by other countries taking advantage of the situation, making it even harder for said country to make a comeback. However, this does solve a variety of "hiding in DR" problems and the pros probably outweighs the cons.

@oldman A bunch of SS/PSes DH to get someone into DR will be extremely clear that its purpose is abuse (is the a country-deletable offense?). This is unlike special attacks which is ambiguous in nature.

CHANGE #4: If in the past 24 hours a country has landgrabbed you and you have not landgrabbed them since, your first retal will ignore DR rules.

This is abusable in the exact opposite way of what it is trying to prevent. Let's say my friend is in 100 DR caused by 100 ABs and is crippled into nothing, and he has been grabbed 9 times by other people using Change #3 on top of that. He could now explore max turns, make a single SS Defense Held attack on me, and I would be able to retal for huge acres.

In order to fix this, Change #4 should be modified to say "CHANGE #4: If in the past 24 hours a country has landgrabbed you SUCCESSFULLY and you have not landgrabbed them since, your first retal will ignore DR rules." That's the extra word in there, SUCCESSFULLY.

Edited By: Xinhuan on Feb 10th 2012, 17:37:06
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit