Verified:

hanlong Game profile

Jan 22nd 2012, 22:13:03

it can't be factually incorrect when there's logs from your guys agreeing it's right also.

unless we are all wrong ;)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

hanlong Game profile

Jan 22nd 2012, 22:17:04

and oh for someone who's "not a mod" and just a member according to your forum tag you still are italicized and have full perms :P

nice
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Autocorrect Game profile

Jan 22nd 2012, 22:17:42

You posted in that thread numerous times, you were too busy trolling like normal. Just as you are doing here, just as you do in every thread you post in.

I don't think I have ever seen you say something positive, useful, or otherwise helpful ever. In fact I am not sure if I have ever read a post by you that was non-negative although perhaps some can be found in announcements.

mrford Game profile

Jan 22nd 2012, 22:22:08

he def still has full perms. he still deletes posts and everything.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 22nd 2012, 22:35:32

The part that really stuck out to me as wrong was: "Evo doesn't war unless pulled into one. LaF doesn't war unless provoked into one or helping an ally." In his defense, he was probably just regurgitating what other LaF people told him instead of thinking on his own. I somehow doubt your insidious logs that have a habit of never turning up will prove you correct in this matter.

Autocorrect: Have you read your own posts little buddy?

mrford: Do you have any evidence of that? I mean really, how could you possibly conclude that?

Autocorrect Game profile

Jan 22nd 2012, 22:46:36

Last time I checked I wasn't an administrator.
Last time I checked I wasn't an alliance leader.
Last time I checked I never claimed to like this community, in fact I hate what it has become and I have identified you as a root cause and your alliance to be a key instigator.

Evolution makes me sick, they never do anything wrong but cry like babies when it comes back to them or anyone of their butt buddies.

This is a case in point, TIE has done wrong but when karma comes around EVO is all over it.

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 22nd 2012, 23:08:31

Personally, I'm done with this game. The constant namecalling by both sides, the lack of response from the rest of the community when a key part of it is twisted in an effort to destroy said community, the fact the player numbers have NOT increased since this game was built...I have had enough.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 22nd 2012, 23:31:17

Slagpit: Even if that part is wrong, the rest of the post is what i feel is wrong with the game mechanics.

You can believe what you want, the game mechanics are broken, I've offered my thoughts, its up to the game admins to decide if they want to fix it. There are plenty of suggestions on the B&S forums, but only the ones that take 5 minutes to implement are actually taken.

What was the last 2 game mechanics changes? Spy op DR change. And some bonus points % tweaks. Wooooohooooooooo.

There is really very little incentive to play apart from having the satisfaction of destroying enemies. War isn't even interesting or rewarding otherwise, its just "log on, do 40 BRs, logout", there is little incentive to restart, and yet countries die too easily.

Edited By: Xinhuan on Jan 22nd 2012, 23:34:25
See Original Post

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 22nd 2012, 23:40:11

Xinhuan: we have changes in the pipeline, but they're waiting on some major back-end changes i'm in the middle of.
Finally did the signature thing.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 0:21:40

qzjul: Thank you, I appreciate it. I just want to clarify that I do wish to see the game succeed and I hope the changes to the back-end allow for it, especially to Facebook in the long term. As a player, all I can do is point out where I see potential problems.

Drow Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 2:38:39

Fdp as I recall means that if your ally calls you in, you go to help, unless you have a pact with both sides. But that's a street that goes both ways, and a dp who doesn't come in when the tables are turned shouldn't be a dp. SoF ate within their rights to hit tie, as an alliance they are not pacted to and have a perceived problem with. It's up to tie to do something about it in their pacting in future. Lessons here: tie - be cautious about who you pact. SoF - hitting someone whom you know will call in allies (last set) is a bad idea. Blaming the allies for honouring their pacts is silly.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Drow Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 2:42:39

Basically SoF, don't blame the ally (tie in this case) blame the original alliance, pact their allies to neutralise them then hit them for being cowardly.

Drow Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 2:53:25

Basically SoF, don't blame the ally (tie in this case) blame the original alliance, pact their allies to neutralise them then hit them for being cowardly.

Autocorrect Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 2:56:47

It's called Full Defense Pact not an Automatic Defense Pact.

Unless of course that is what TIE is saying they have with SOL and Evo.

Drow Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 3:36:49

Auto. Full defence pact. Exactly. If your ally says "i need help", you help them. No questions asked. An auto defence pact would have you jump in without being asked.

Autocorrect Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 3:46:58

Well I suppose if you are a lapdog you must say yes. However in this case it has lead to a path that is obviously contradictory to the one that TIE wanted to be on.

FDP certainly doesn't mean you should throw away several netting sets when the help wasn't needed in the first place.

Atryn Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 4:42:12

NukEvil: is that correct? I'm only recently returned with MD, but I was under the impression a lot of folks have come back since the game "re-started"...

Drow Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 4:56:15

I disagree. Why have an fdp if you won't actually honour it? An LDP gives you the option to say no. An fdp I feel does not. As for being counter to the direction tie wish to go in, I'm pretty sure I covered that when I said tie should be cautious about who they pact.

Drow Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 5:19:45

Further to that, and I'm going off topic a little here, if alliance a) da'a much smaller alliance b) who calls in alliances d) e).and f), in the mean time turning around the numbers and balance from say 2v1 in alliance a)'s favour to a 3v1 in alliance b)'s favour, well good on alliance b), it serves alliance a) right.

TaSk1 Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 23rd 2012, 11:59:34

Originally posted by Helmet:
If us hitting back Tie after they hit us unprovoked is ruining the game, then the problem is that the game is full of pussies. Some of the posts you guys make are hilarious. Grow some balls. I've said it a million times, if you don't want war then you have to make intelligent choices and not stick your neck out.

If TIE didn't want trouble they should have kept to themselves. When you attack any alliance you run the risk they'll hit you back. To expect any different is not only stupid, but irrational. Nobody is entitled to free pot shots.

WAAAAAAAAR HELMET!!
Witness the fitness!
IXMVP.

firefly29 Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 18:10:22

Originally posted by Cougar:
Originally posted by cypress:
Cool story bro.....

real class you showed coming in when your side was outnumbering us last set

TIE, by virtue of pact, contractually gives up their right to choose whether to war SoF or not. After, they claim we had no choice! What were we to do?!!?!

TIE unbalances a war, and its all good in a war game with pacts and such, right? Just some harmless fun.

SoF hits TIE the following reset and we get bru on a flufftarded "soap box" whining about how SoF hitting TIE is undermining his ten year effort to grow the game. WHY ARE WE KILLING THE GAME BY PUTTING A SMALL NUMBER OF PLAYERS IN A DISADVANTAGEOUS SITUATION????

We (SoF) are such asses....

Wow Cougar...I could not have said it better myself....Sof are such asses!! I had a couple of other names that are in the same family as chickens and cowards. God forbid the only way for you to take us down is to wait till a netting set huh!! Oh Sof you should feel like you really accomplished something. Have a good day cuz TIE will be back to wipe that smile off your face!!

Trife Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 18:14:18

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Why exactly are alliance leaders not responsible for their emotional reactions? Further, why are alliance leaders not to blame for the low population when they take actions designed to drive players from the game?

sounds like you need a hug big guy

Trife Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 18:15:29

Originally posted by Slagpit:
The part that really stuck out to me as wrong was: "Evo doesn't war unless pulled into one. LaF doesn't war unless provoked into one or helping an ally." In his defense, he was probably just regurgitating what other LaF people told him instead of thinking on his own. I somehow doubt your insidious logs that have a habit of never turning up will prove you correct in this matter.

Autocorrect: Have you read your own posts little buddy?

mrford: Do you have any evidence of that? I mean really, how could you possibly conclude that?

you really sound like you need a hug

http://forums.earthempires.com/...p;p=1327342250&page=1

hanlong Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 18:51:47

more group hug time for slagpit!
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

kemo Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 19:15:42

fine but that had better be a flash light in your pocket this time.
all praised to ra

cypress Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 22:02:17

Originally posted by firefly29:
Originally posted by Cougar:
Originally posted by cypress:
Cool story bro.....

real class you showed coming in when your side was outnumbering us last set

TIE, by virtue of pact, contractually gives up their right to choose whether to war SoF or not. After, they claim we had no choice! What were we to do?!!?!

TIE unbalances a war, and its all good in a war game with pacts and such, right? Just some harmless fun.

SoF hits TIE the following reset and we get bru on a flufftarded "soap box" whining about how SoF hitting TIE is undermining his ten year effort to grow the game. WHY ARE WE KILLING THE GAME BY PUTTING A SMALL NUMBER OF PLAYERS IN A DISADVANTAGEOUS SITUATION????

We (SoF) are such asses....

Wow Cougar...I could not have said it better myself....Sof are such asses!! I had a couple of other names that are in the same family as chickens and cowards. God forbid the only way for you to take us down is to wait till a netting set huh!! Oh Sof you should feel like you really accomplished something. Have a good day cuz TIE will be back to wipe that smile off your face!!

Bring the pain! ;-)

Reckless Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 23:59:06

I like cypress

cypress Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 1:07:36

HI RECKLESS!

Chevs

Jan 24th 2012, 3:40:18

who's deleting my posts?
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

dagga Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 4:01:20

Originally posted by Helmet:
If us hitting back Tie after they hit us unprovoked is ruining the game, then the problem is that the game is full of pussies. Some of the posts you guys make are hilarious. Grow some balls. I've said it a million times, if you don't want war then you have to make intelligent choices and not stick your neck out.

If TIE didn't want trouble they should have kept to themselves. When you attack any alliance you run the risk they'll hit you back. To expect any different is not only stupid, but irrational. Nobody is entitled to free pot shots.

I laughed. Grow some balls? A SOF leader said that? The same SOF who just hit a smaller, netgaining alliance with only days left in the set. Why not hit 3 weeks ago? Last time I checked TIE was called in. Does SOF knock back FDP requests? You definately turn your FDPs into FOPS. That was a good one last set. Amazing.

Promising a war and not delivering leads to cowardly decisions. Helmet fits the bill.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Chaoswind Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 4:04:21

they were kind of dead after their war with Evo... not implying who won or lost that one, as clearly winners and losers are picked at the end of the set.
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

dagga Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 4:07:34

Evo embarrased them, you're right.

SOF does two things in war.

- Gangbangs, hits a smaller alliance or has a large networth/member advtange and wins or,
- Loses every other time
signatures are stupid.

cypress Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 5:02:54

By gangbang you mean when/where SOL/Evo/TIE hit SoF?

dagga Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 5:28:37

cypress, you are the reason I have made a Hall of Shame thread. Memories tend to get 're-engineered'.

LaF attacks EVO unprovoked and early (apart from a bit of name calling boo hoo). EVO, believing they have been hit by a pacted alliance, call in their FDPs SOL and imag.

SOF attacks SOL/imag. (called in by LAF)

TIE attacks SOF. (called in by SOL?)

MONSTERS attacks TIE (called in by SOF)

MD declares on imag (called in by LaF?)
Omega declares on imag (called in by LaF?)

----- Up to this point, there is nothing wrong with any of these hits. Definately using the TIE hit in all the middle of that as a reason for an end-of-set grudge war is a disgrace. -------

The real poor form of the first strikes in this set was LaF (in my opinions) dumb/paranoid/scared? hit on Evo that started it. It was unecessary and below the belt.

The other stupidity was SOF calling in RIVAL to hit SOL. Really, if pacts are being followed, RIVAL hit SOL for fun, otherwise SOF called in an ally on an opponent SOF had already first struck.

Grudges I can accept from last set:

Evo for LaF's hit
SOL for RIVALs hit
IMAG for LAFs decision for the overkill by calling in Omega and MD
signatures are stupid.

Pride Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 5:34:22

I like it ^ :)

Helmet Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 12:07:16

Nobody really cares what you say dagga. Most of us don't even read your posts. :)

ArsenalMD Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 12:09:27

helmet sighting!

bonus

se3p Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 15:51:02

Joined both TIE and alliance server this set. Pure netting, had almost 400M bushels in stock and things were going great. With only 2 weeks left I think it was BS for sof to do what it did. i think it wouldnt have left such a bad taste in our mouths if they hit earlier when we werent sure if there'd be a war.

Ivan Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 22:01:07

So wait SOL can have a grudge on Rival for last set but SOF cant have one for tie? lol@dagga

cypress Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 22:22:30

At one point it was SOL/EVO/Imag/TIE vs LaF/SoF (I know that is not totally accurate as SoF didn't hit Imag and vice versa and I think LaF and TIE didn't hit each other), you didn't want to play fair with the numbers so we should just lie down and take it up the arse?

SoF didn't Imag and vice versa, except for a few stray hits here and there.

Say alliance A hits you this set and they declare a netting set for the next set, you gonna sit back and not do anything? Get real!

dagga Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 22:22:49

Ivan, the way you post it seems English might be your second language. I will make it easy for you -

As long as this game has been played, FDPs have existed. An FDP is a Full Defensive Pact. If you sign one, the community expected that if you get called into war by your ally, you would oblige unconditionally. TIE were called in as an FDP to defend someone. An honorable thing to do. Rival did no such thing. Who were they defending? SOF? How can you call in an FDP if you are the side doing the first striking? lol

Hope that was a bit slower for you.
signatures are stupid.

cypress Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 22:25:42

I would have called in the xKITCHENSINKx if I had the chance.

de1i Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 22:26:21

His logic is sound assuming following are true:

TIE hit SoF in defense of an FDP, assuming SoF was the aggressor in this war (towards TIE's FDP).

RIVAL hit SOL for their FDP, but said FDP FSed SOL.

Key word is assume, as I don't pay too much attention to all these wars of past and present.

dagga Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 22:31:20

War chronology:

LAF > EVO

SOL/IMAG > LAF

SOF > SOL / IMAG

TIE > SOF

RIVAL > SOL

MONSTERS > TIE

MD/OMEGA > IMAG

Yeah. SOF really has a reason to FS a clearly netgaining TIE over that. We should have left MONSTERS unpacted and hit them with 5 days left in the set. Or -just- before they blew their stockpiles. That would have taught them a lesson and showed how brave we were!

Or, just forced more people to say - I can't be fluffed playing this game anymore.
signatures are stupid.

LaFinglolrik Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 22:37:45

ddos the servers ddos the servers!

cypress Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 23:16:43

Every action has its consequences. If TIE really believed they were getting a free pass for hitting us last set and not expecting any retribution (even if they declared a netting set or not) and not pacting out - they were delusional.

You didn't respond to my earlier question. Lets use this as an example:

If SoF hits SOL this set (lets just assume some ally called us in) and we declared a netting set next reset, you just gonna sit down with your thumbs up your arses?

Another thing, you had no problems when the numbers were in your favour but then start complaining/whining/fluffing when the numbers are against you?

de1i Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 23:25:50

What happened to SoF's "we won't blindside netgaining alliances but will bully them into FSing us instead" policy?

cypress Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 23:46:25

If they really believe this was a blindside, I don't know what to say.

I didn't know that TIE was a netgaining alliance?

de1i Game profile

Jan 25th 2012, 0:08:36

You probably don't know what to say regardless. I sincerely doubt there was a whole lot of animosity exchanged this reset between you two prior the FS. Was there a big 'fluff you' sent to TIE when it was pacting season, or any words exchanged at all? Hell, from what I can tell there were only 5 hits exchanged prior to the war so there goes that. You guys have funny ways of showing vendettas.

Alliances that are netgaining. Semantics FTW. While I wouldn't call them a netgaining alliance I definitely wouldn't consider them a bloodthirsty one either. Just call a spade a spade, your war didn't work out with Evo so you took the safe route and hit TIE for honoring their FDP's request.

dagga Game profile

Jan 25th 2012, 0:10:08

cypress you're stupid.

By your logic, any alliance that is asked by their FDP for help deserves to go on the fluff list.

"If SoF hits SOL this set (lets just assume some ally called us in) and we declared a netting set next reset, you just gonna sit down with your thumbs up your arses?"

I would have no problem if you got called i n by an ally. I would have a problem with your ally though if by calling you in made the war a lopsided gangbang.

"Another thing, you had no problems when the numbers were in your favour but then start complaining/whining/fluffing when the numbers are against you?"

Just throw random bits of bullfluff out there and hope it sticks! Good strategy. SOL hasn't had a numbers advantage in a war since we destroyed LaF (the second one, not the first one) because SOL changed how they played due to a cacophony of 'POOR ME YOURE RUINING THE GAME' posts from Pang/LaF. The irony is amazing. Especially now that he essentially 'sit with his thumb in his ass' now the tables are turned.
signatures are stupid.