Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2012, 4:34:19

President Obama is schmoozing with the stars again... this time as Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie pop over to the White House

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...olie-pop-White-House.html

iScode Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 4:35:21

its because he is black right?

Your such a racist.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2012, 4:37:00

Oh scody if only it were that simple :p

And he is 1/2 black don't get it twisted.

GreenMan Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 4:59:37

So? Is this better or worse than if he schmoozed with Jamie Dimon and friends?

Who can the president talk to to make it ok for you?

jabberwocky Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 5:05:49

judge him for reneging on promises to close gitmo, or curb the bush tax cuts, or create strong regulations for the banking sector or usher in universal healthcare. Who cares what he does in his free time. At least he doesn't go golfing every second week.

TaSk1 Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2012, 5:11:44

yip, definitely a racial attack, he even used the term "White House"
Witness the fitness!
IXMVP.

iScode Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 5:15:23

^^^ see us kiwis know things!!!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

TaSk1 Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2012, 5:17:35

you know it brother!
Witness the fitness!
IXMVP.

iScode Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 5:23:27

join imag, we could do with another kiwi :P

bring ravi and LadyJapri with you please.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

TaSk1 Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2012, 5:32:51

I was actually going to apply you got a couple of deadly killers in there from ix but my s&m master zen's in lcn and ruthie with eevil we're the pull factor, but no telling what the future will hold I could be swayed by national icon like yourself to come play one day!
:)
Witness the fitness!
IXMVP.

iScode Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 5:40:12

yeah i can understand the Zen factor lol

but i can take a one day, ill just pester you every set now muhahaha
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Xintros Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 6:04:26

*ties TaSK1 onto his lap
NOW BOUNCE! Its a fun game called ride till it cries
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a killrrun" - Xintros
https://www.soundclick.com/...efault.cfm?bandID=1381300

TaSk1 Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2012, 6:10:21

haha your on scode :)

lol xiny, please don't make me cry with your raging 2 inchs
Witness the fitness!
IXMVP.

Atryn Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 13:22:19

This is such BS....

"The White House confirmed Pitt and Jolie were in town to screen Jolie's movie about Bosnian war crimes at the Holocaust museum.

They dropped by so the President could talk with Jolie about her work on preventing mass atrocities and combating sexual violence against women."

-- that's a bad thing for the president to encourage? Famous people taking an interest and action on world-problems?

"It's not the first time Obama's met with one of the pair.

In 2009 the President met with Pitt to discuss his working rebuilding New Orleans' 9th Ward after Hurricane Katrina."

-- umm, again, this is a bad thing?

"Today's pictures of Brad and Angelina come just a day after the first pictures of the infamous 2009 Alice in Wonderland Halloween party at the White House emerged - with guests including Jolie's co-star from The Tourist, Johnny Depp, and director Tim Burton

The Obamas have been highly criticised for hosting the lavish Halloween party at the same time that the country was in the midst of a recession.

The initial news of the party came from a book..."

Total BS. The first pictures and news of that event were published by the White House after it happened. The Halloween party was for children of deployed soldiers. Here is a fun reference for you:

http://bit.ly/AzbUf4

The more serious reference it cites:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/...2/01/09/gossip-wonderland

"While acknowledging that the press was allowed to attend, which in itself would seem to cast doubt on any alleged secrecy, the author contends that there was "no media coverage beyond the standard, limited pool report noting the president's presence." We would invite all readers to read that extremely detailed and colorful pool report, or the stories that emerged from the party, and decide for themselves. In addition, the event was previewed in the official White House Daily Guidance and discussed by then-Press Secretary Robert Gibbs on camera from the podium -- before he dressed up as Darth Vader at the party of course. The White House released videos and photos of the event on whitehouse.gov and our Flickr account, hardly the actions of a conspiratorial cover-up. The author attempts to paint the fact that some involved in the film attended and were not singled out in previews of the event as an attempt to hide their involvement -- this was a large event, word of their involvement was certain to be reported, and indeed it was.

This mischaracterization of a celebration in support of military families is unfortunate..."

That's right, it was covered by the (invited) media, blogged about by the White House, posted to Flikr, talked about at the podium by the White House Press Secretary...

C'MON??? Right-wingers have got to look a little harder to find something they want to call a "coverup"....

ZIP Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 13:44:35

look at the house and the republicans not willing to compromise if you want to see the real problem
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Patience Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 14:55:54

I'd be upset if he met with Andrew Dice Clay. But you're all bent out of shape because he met with two of the most charitable people on the planet? lol
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Deerhunter Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 15:12:10

Originally posted by ZIP:
look at the house and the republicans not willing to compromise if you want to see the real problem

If you mean my compromise, going along with every retarded idea that would bring this country to ruins then ya i am glad they will not. There is no compromise with Obama. There are only under handed, back room, air force one, corrupt deals. There is no compromise. It is either his way or you are a racist, who is not willing to compromise. I promise you, Obumer will go down as the worst president in our nations history. His only hope at this point would be to be remembered better than Jimmy Carter. I do not think he could make that standard. He wants to transform America. We are already the best, there is only one way he could take us. I know he is trying hard- he gets credit for effort, but its all in the wrong direction. If this is the Change he promised, i say change it back!

As far as meeting with celebs, it seems he is more concerned with his own rock star image and golfing than dealing with anything of national interest. Now, be serious, do you really think Angela J is making any kind of a difference about anything? NO. Remember, this is a woman who might look good but also at one point carried a vial of blood around on her neck. And Brad? Like he made any difference in New Orleans? I think not. Its all for publicity so they can make even more millions on their next movie.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

ViLSE Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 15:38:30

Hate to have to break it to you but America hasnt been "the best" for a long time already...

Detmer Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 15:47:34

Originally posted by ViLSE:
Hate to have to break it to you but America hasnt been "the best" for a long time already...

Depends on your definition of a long time. I definitely agree we have slipped on a lot of different fronts and have so many issues that it is ludicrous to consider America the best unless you are a banker.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 12th 2012, 15:48:54

So? John Lennon met with the president at the time; other celebs have as well; why shouldn't this one?
Finally did the signature thing.

Patience Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 17:19:13

DH... you need to check your facts. As much as they annoy me, Brangelina is a charity POWERHOUSE. They donate tens of millions of dollars per year to charitable causes. They might not be making a difference to you, but I can assure you they are making a difference.
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

ViLSE Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 17:19:26

Yep Detmer that is probably so and America is probably best at a few things still, but definitely not enough so to qualify to be THE best. :)

iTarl Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 17:19:47

eeeeeeeeeee

jabberwocky Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 18:04:32

All you need to look at is the health care debates in 09 to see how little republicans care about the american people. Their strategy for the past three years was disagree with anything favorable tfor the democrats. They nearly caused the country to default just to make obama look bad, deficit spending in a recession is freaking must. Obama has certainly been disappointing, but a large part of that is a congress unwilling to compromise.

ZIP Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 19:03:29

I also don't think that Obama has been the best president ever, but better then that other guy - what was his name? I don't think it is all the people's fault either - it has a lot to do with a failed political process.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Jiman Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 19:16:34

THE WORLD IS ENDING AHH!

Deerhunter Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 20:39:18

Patience, 10s of millions. Think about that. Opera has BILLIONS and BradJal make 20-30 every movie. If they really cared they could donate all they make for one year even. No i think not. See, they are the face for a small charity and its all for their own gain. The more positive immage they get the more cash they make.

If they really wanted to help- we would never see them doing the physical work on the streets. Just make a movie and donate ALL their income to having others do the work on the streets.

Think on this- the US gives Billions to Pakistan. That is only one small not deserving country. 10s of millions is a tiny drop in a very large lake. I grant you it does help the very few people who get it. Coodos for that.
I shall fear no retals,

ICe Man

Jan 12th 2012, 20:52:07

I don't care for Obama or Brad/Jol but if they are actually going to do something good, I'm all for it.

As far as Obama goes, the 16million he spent roaming a bus around NC is far more of a waste than letting brad/jol come and shoot the chit. But, that's just me.
Thank God, for I'm a blessed man.

Atryn Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 21:20:11

I was hoping to see a follow-up response from Requiem since DH is, as usual, just full of fluff....

hanlong Game profile

Jan 12th 2012, 21:21:38

he can smooze with the stars all he wants...

if also does his real job as the POTUS
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Firefly

Jan 13th 2012, 0:31:41

Originally posted by Deerhunter:
Patience, 10s of millions. Think about that. Opera has BILLIONS and BradJal make 20-30 every movie. If they really cared they could donate all they make for one year even. No i think not. See, they are the face for a small charity and its all for their own gain. The more positive immage they get the more cash they make.

If they really wanted to help- we would never see them doing the physical work on the streets. Just make a movie and donate ALL their income to having others do the work on the streets.

Think on this- the US gives Billions to Pakistan. That is only one small not deserving country. 10s of millions is a tiny drop in a very large lake. I grant you it does help the very few people who get it. Coodos for that.

Wow, I have never heard such a blast on someone doing charity work... That is a ridiculous argument to say they would have to give up a years pay if they really cared...

Even if it does make them more money that just gives them more to donate. It is like saying Corporations shouldn't get tax cuts because they are only donating to charity for the tax benefits. While for a lot of corps it maybe true, but it doesn't negate the help people get from the donations.

Deerhunter Game profile

Jan 13th 2012, 1:26:21

The point i was trying to make is that if someone like Brad or Jol really cared, they would not be doing the work (in front of the cameras) themselves and instead would raise or donate the money to hire the pros to do it, which would be more efficient and produce more. Think on this- Brad, makes 50k in a day making a movie. Instead of him working a day for a charity, he gives them 50k in cash to have others do the work. They then could get 100 people to work for a day instead of 1.

I know they donate money to good causes and thats great, but i stand by my argument that it is done for image mainly and not just from the heart.

All that said, this is not about them its about our pres sucking and doing everything BUT what is needed for this country. When he does act, it serves to make us weaker and take away our rights.
I shall fear no retals,

Chaoswind Game profile

Jan 13th 2012, 2:01:19

self satisfaction

sometimes doing the work feels much better that just giving money to random ong #3

Most people are in the charity business because it feels good, even if they deny it :)

Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Firefly

Jan 13th 2012, 3:08:57

The point i was trying to make is that if someone like Brad or Jol really cared, they would not be doing the work (in front of the cameras) themselves and instead would raise or donate the money to hire the pros to do it, which would be more efficient and produce more. Think on this- Brad, makes 50k in a day making a movie. Instead of him working a day for a charity, he gives them 50k in cash to have others do the work. They then could get 100 people to work for a day instead of 1.

I know they donate money to good causes and thats great, but i stand by my argument that it is done for image mainly and not just from the heart.

All that said, this is not about them its about our pres sucking and doing everything BUT what is needed for this country. When he does act, it serves to make us weaker and take away our rights.

ok,
They do get a 3rd party to do the work. They give money to a charity that does the work. Bradgalena are not swinging hammers or pouring concrete... There presence at these events or in support of these charities generate more money. People donate to the cause just because they saw them there. is it sad? yes, but true. So they are doing more for the cause by being there than by discrete donation.

So that being said their money discreetly donated would generate the 10Mil say, to a charity, that would give people help/jobs (jobs helping people ie: construction, legal advise, or money.) they actually attract MORE money giving MORE people help/jobs....

Firefly

Jan 13th 2012, 3:09:34

*their

Deerhunter Game profile

Jan 13th 2012, 4:24:40

Good poing fly. That argument does have merit. I would still argue that neither one of them is an "expert" enough to justify the president of the US to ask them about it. It would be better IMO if he just came forward and said i am a great fan of their work and wanted to meet with them. I could respect that. Instead he tries to make it seem like he is hard at work meeting with celebs. Please.

I would much rather he spend the rest of his term on the golf course than him continuing to work on ruining our country further.

God bless America.
I shall fear no retals,

iScode Game profile

Jan 13th 2012, 5:10:55

so what you are saying is, as a republican (you are an a republican right, m a kiwi so dont know heaps of fluff about america, but your redneck gun views seem to make you sound like a conservative.) you will find any and every excuse to criticize anything he does.

Why dont you just admit you dont like him because he is black.

I am sure he is not the first and wont be the last to do exactly what he did and said.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

jabberwocky Game profile

Jan 13th 2012, 5:32:18

It's not because he's black, it's because all the conservative talking heads have told their followers to hate Obama and liberals. Without realizing that the people in power are just creating meaningless divisions within society, so that they can get away with whatever they want.
It's the same way liberals are supposed to think that conservatives are all gun toting, bible thumbing, gay lynching, cousin marrying imbeciles whose sole purpose in life is to cordon off a section of good old america and hold it at gun point.

Just crap that's spewed to make us forget that most of us who are poor and middle class are getting hosed by rich.

Firefly

Jan 13th 2012, 6:07:09

Originally posted by iScode:
so what you are saying is, as a republican (you are an a republican right, m a kiwi so dont know heaps of fluff about america, but your redneck gun views seem to make you sound like a conservative.) you will find any and every excuse to criticize anything he does.

Why dont you just admit you dont like him because he is black.

I am sure he is not the first and wont be the last to do exactly what he did and said.

Haha, I met an aussie in London a few months ago. He had some extreme ideas of our gun laws. I know we are more liberal with guns than some countries, such as Australia, but I don't know if I want to correct your opinions because I kind of like the idea that everyone is scared they will get shot visiting this country...

Elihaar Game profile

Jan 13th 2012, 8:27:35

Originally posted by iScode:
its because he is black right?

Your such a racist.

I think if you speak about Obama this topic is not just racist it is half-antisemetist too. Gosh, this forum becomes the nest of intolerance.

Shame on you Requiem!
Words that rhyme with rival are:

archival
arrival
revival
survival

crysk Game profile

Jan 13th 2012, 11:33:27

Patience, 10s of millions. Think about that. Opera has BILLIONS and BradJal make 20-30 every movie.

I don't do politics with people in an online game...however, its OPRAH :D Unless of course you mean the opera is making billions, which very much could be the case :) Good day sir!

Oceana Game profile

Jan 13th 2012, 11:58:27

ok the Congress unwilling to compromise...For real his first 2 years his party had a near Monopoly, All they needed was to get 1 pub in the senate to join onto any issue, its rare that a President has it that easy, but they counldn't bend to kiss the ass of anyone, so instead they accomplished almost Nothing. This guy couldn't lead his own pecker in a whore house, never mind the country. He is complete joke.

Edited By: Oceana on Jan 13th 2012, 12:01:23
See Original Post

Atryn Game profile

Jan 13th 2012, 13:16:16

Brad and Angelina doing a token amount of hands-on work themselves serves multiple purposes.

First, it sets an example. Do you have any idea how many people want to "be like" their favorite celeb? If they volunteer and it inspires hundreds of others to volunteer, that's real progress.

Second, many people criticize philanthropists by saying that they aren't in touch with the "ground level" of what they are supporting. You need to "get your hands dirty" to really understand the issues, challenges and solutions.

Third, it brings far more attention to the issue. Media will cover a celeb getting their hands dirty more than they'll cover a check in the mail (which then also goes back to #1).

Finally, I am surprised at the comment that they aren't experts worth consulting. I thought the right's view was that anyone who has amassed lots of wealth in America must instantly be qualified to decide what's best for everyone else?

trumper Game profile

Jan 13th 2012, 13:58:45

Are some of you guys stupid enough to buy into the pretenses that ANY Administration provides for celebrities visiting? C'mon, they dream up ideas--charitable, for the troops, for the whales, yada yada--to get these celebrities in the door. If you believe otherwise then you're hopelessly naive or just decidingly ignorant. And it's really not relegated to one side. The reason you see more Hollywood from the left is because they have more donors in Hollywood.

With that said, there are some serious criticisms to level against our President. If you listen to folks on the street in DC who worked for him, you will hear that he's a pretty ineffectual leader and he gets caught up in the whole process. In other words, he's not really a leader. But that's not really a big secret I don't think.

Deerhunter Game profile

Jan 13th 2012, 14:09:12

I love what you said Oceana.

For the record, i am not a republican. I did not vote for McCain, i did not vote for Obumer either. After Bushes second term i thought i would never vote for a republican again. However, once the dems for the superpower- and for two years they had it, they proved that they were WAY LEFT and the extreme part of their party was making decisions. They were unwilling to compromise at all. As ocean said they needed to swing one rep for their cause and they could not. Also, consider how they had to force and strong arm members of their own party to go along with the terrible health care bill. No, the problem is nto republicans unwilling to compromise. It is the far left unwilling to bend on anything. Also the out of control spending. I do not have cable so i do not watch FOX so don't go spouting how i am brainwashed. I know what i think. Look around, EVERYONE is cutting back. Meanwhile our gov is blowing through money like a snow storm. How can we keep this going? We cannot.

My message is simple. STOP. STOP .STOP. Enough. I hope nothing more happens till we get new people in the white house and congress and senate. Get rid of the Health care bill and then pass some easy legislation that would open it up across state lines. Fix border control and the immigration problem. You do those few simple things and our health care costs will plummet. Obama= worthless.
I shall fear no retals,

Atryn Game profile

Jan 13th 2012, 20:26:23

DH: "Look around, EVERYONE is cutting back."

I kinda wish that were true and I kinda don't. But either way, the final report that came out on Retail Sales for 2011 -- we set an all time record.

http://www.businessweek.com/...nancialnews/D9S7E5B81.htm

So, I guess you cannot say EVERYONE is cutting back...