Verified:

Riddler Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 16:13:34

It's hard to believe nobody has approached this topic.
Thoughts and opinions?

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 17:05:27

wasn't Rambo. :-P

dunno. i'll look for my apathy hat. getting shot is too normal.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

aponic Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 17:24:43

SOF
Cerevisi

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 17:54:16

Bill Wade, the outgoing chair of the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees, said Congress should be regretting its decision.

"The many congressmen and senators that voted for the legislation that allowed loaded weapons to be brought into the parks ought to be feeling pretty bad right now," said Wade.

Wade called Sunday's fatal shooting a tragedy that could have been prevented. He hopes Congress will reconsider the law that took effect in early 2010, but doubts that will happen in today's political climate.

Quick question: How would outlawing guns in national parks keep outlaws from bringing guns into national parks?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Atryn Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 18:32:39

NukEvil: because then we could surround the whole national park with metal detectors!

Buy stock in those #$@^@#% weapon / explosive detectors FTW!

Pain Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 18:57:35

The shooting renewed debate about a federal law that made it legal for people to take loaded weapons into national parks. The 2010 law made possession of firearms subject to state gun laws.

Bill Wade, the outgoing chair of the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees, said Congress should be regretting its decision.

i bet if there was a law banning firearms in the park this maniac would have said to himself "hmm i cant bring these guns into the park so i guess ill leave them home"

this is why lawmakers are retarded. they look at situations like this and say "hmm if there was a law preventing people from carrying guns here i bet nobody would ever get shot" because we all know the law abiding citizens are usually the people commiting these crimes.
Your mother is a nice woman

Unsympathetic Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 3:52:39

Gun laws are objectively wrong. The purpose of the second amendment was NOT personal protection but rather to ensure the population could overthrow any government that stopped adequately representing them.

Klown Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 4:29:08

Ya... cause the law against shooting people clearly stopped this guy from shooting anyone... right? So clearly this would have never happened if there was a law against bringing weapons into the park.

Pain Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 6:36:58

Originally posted by Unsympathetic:
Gun laws are objectively wrong. The purpose of the second amendment was NOT personal protection but rather to ensure the population could overthrow any government that stopped adequately representing them.

actually youre wrong. it was meant for both purposes, and the supreme court has ruled it so.
Your mother is a nice woman

Oceana Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 6:45:42

2008 decision in District of Columbia v. Heller.

Was Pretty clear the individual Has the right to bare arms.
FOR ANY LAWFULL PURPOSE.

and it is illegal to go around killing , so obviously to argue over gun laws are meaningless here.

Riddler Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 11:57:18

Originally posted by Oceana:
2008 decision in District of Columbia v. Heller.

Was Pretty clear the individual Has the right to bare arms.
FOR ANY LAWFULL PURPOSE.

and it is illegal to go around killing , so obviously to argue over gun laws are meaningless here.

I agree wholeheartedly with these statements!

mrford Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 12:15:45

gun control

use both hands!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

aponic Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 19:46:05

You really don't need to bring a loaded gun into a national park. Bringing the bullets and the gun in separately seems reasonable enough. That said, I do not think that has much to do with the aforementioned incident
SOF
Cerevisi

Jan 4th 2012, 21:40:06

dunno. i actually worry about dogs since i walk now. they don't listen to reason all the time. it would probably help if i had a gun handy. though, it doesn't look like the road kill is disappearing all that fast, so there probably ain't enough free ranging mutts for me to worry about.

Deerhunter Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 22:15:02

How about the recent saving of a guy and his 3 kids from drowning in their car? It slid off the road on ice into a river. No one could get the windows or doors open but LUCKY ONE OF THE RESCUERS HAD A GUN! HE WAS ABLE TO SHOOT OUT ONE OF THE WINDOWS, thus saving ALL of their lives. Without the concealed carry laws those 4 lives would have been lost for sure. The car was nearly completely filled with water at the time. His having a concealed and loaded gun saved those people. Think of that- 3 small kids and a father. Where are the screaming liberals shouting for more guns because of this?

No, some crook shoots a lawdawg and they want to take away everyone's guns. I don't think so. Maybe try looking at the ig picture and realize you can't stop every crime or save every life. Having guns is one of the things that had made and kept our country great. They can have mine from my cold dead hand.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Jan 4th 2012, 22:35:29

just put the anti-gun nutts into a kevlar padded room that contains a loaded gun for 72 hours. see how many guns jump and kill them to detah just for the heck of it.

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 3:56:19

Pro - guns are fun
Con - guns are fun
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

iScode Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 4:14:13

Originally posted by Deerhunter:
How about the recent saving of a guy and his 3 kids from drowning in their car? It slid off the road on ice into a river. No one could get the windows or doors open but LUCKY ONE OF THE RESCUERS HAD A GUN! HE WAS ABLE TO SHOOT OUT ONE OF THE WINDOWS, thus saving ALL of their lives. Without the concealed carry laws those 4 lives would have been lost for sure. The car was nearly completely filled with water at the time. His having a concealed and loaded gun saved those people. Think of that- 3 small kids and a father. Where are the screaming liberals shouting for more guns because of this?

No, some crook shoots a lawdawg and they want to take away everyone's guns. I don't think so. Maybe try looking at the ig picture and realize you can't stop every crime or save every life. Having guns is one of the things that had made and kept our country great. They can have mine from my cold dead hand.

well I say, I say boy, you do sure sound like a redneck there fella!!!

OH NO THE POOR DAD AND KIDS!!!! would of been just as easy to break that window with a rock. and maybe the father was drunk, or obviously not in control of his vehicle. Maybe he deserved to die and what that person with the gun did was against gods wishes!!!!

GOD HAS FINAL SAY NOT GUNS.

PS I am God.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Oceana Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 11:47:57

iscode: head out to a car see how easy those windows break with that rock...

Riddler Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 11:52:49

I dont think the argument should be as much about gun laws as there is alot more to the story. One of our Iraq war veterans, and he friggin eluded law enforcement through chest deep snow for hours....insane

iScode Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 12:26:05

Originally posted by Oceana:
iscode: head out to a car see how easy those windows break with that rock...

Very easily, ceramic works just as well.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

TY Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 12:45:46

We will never know the amount of lives saved by the right of the law abiding citizen to carry a firearm. If a criminal realizes you have one he will move along. You will never have known you WERE a target.
There's a great power in words, if you don't hitch too many of them together.
Josh Billings

TY Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 12:47:43

On a side note we broke car windows as kids all the time with a broke piece of ceramic off a spark plug. A very small piece will shatter a car window being thrown by a kid.
Josh Billings

braden Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 15:13:42

"would of been just as easy to break that window with a rock."

and the title of this thread could just as easily be mt ranier ranger bludgeoned to death by rock.

(a rock owned by the national parks services and protected by the federal government.. lawsuit, anybody?)

Deerhunter Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 15:22:36

You guys are also forgetting that car window was submerged. That makes a HUGE difference. Also, go out in freezing conditions and dive down for your rock, all the while keeping up with the sinking car (as it was a river) to get your rick. Good luck. No the gun saved them.

New just in the news, New years eve a woman got on phone with police and told them a man was breaking into her home. She asked if he managed to get in before cops got there could she shoot him? They said they can't tell her what to do but to protect herself and baby. He got in- she shot and killed the bastard. Another gun saving lives by a good woman protecting her baby.
I shall fear no retals,

braden Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 15:25:58

she could have thrown rocks at the intruder..

Deerhunter Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 15:31:48

Ya, or if she was liberal she would have just asked him to leave and be friends, cause that always works. Or maybe he would have raped her, robed the place and then burned it, as this has happened before (and may God punish those bastards). Ya, i think the gun probably saved her.

I shall fear no retals,

braden Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 15:37:41

how do you stop somebody from breaking into your house?

Invite them in and offer them a warm beverage.

no?

iScode Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 23:52:34

Originally posted by Deerhunter:
Ya, or if she was liberal she would have just asked him to leave and be friends, cause that always works. Or maybe he would have raped her, robed the place and then burned it, as this has happened before (and may God punish those bastards). Ya, i think the gun probably saved her.

I will do nothing of the sort, I decide who i punish!!!

And geeeez thats a bit hypocritical of you isn't it? I thought rednecks didnt believe in womans rights, yet you are ok with them having a gun.

I am not happy about any woman being in control of a gun, let alone you crazy redneck bastards.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

TY Game profile

Jan 13th 2012, 16:45:17

The great equalizer

http://youtu.be/o4Ofv7CvqoE
Josh Billings

Zues The Greek Game profile

Jan 14th 2012, 15:00:51

I like how Pains first post sums it up!

Wharfed

Jan 14th 2012, 16:46:36

So, a park ranger was shot. Nothing different than a cop or any other random person being shot. I guess every time someone is shot we should reconsider legislation about gun control. lol.
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.