Verified:

dagga Game profile

Dec 20th 2011, 13:40:46

Here is the original thread which was pretty well received:

http://forums.earthempires.com/...-things-to-make-ee-better

Read that thread then come back here for version 2. This is after viewing all the comments and making some changes.

1. Slow down the goddamned attack button. Pang to his credit looked to add a feature here to fix this but it was too complicated and too quickly implemented. Players should still be allowed to mash the AJAX attack button, but instead of every hit counting, do a cooldown period check on the server. If 0.25 seconds hasn't elapsed between attack 1 and attack 2, don't let it through.

2. RESTARTS: I see there has been a change where restarts now get 120 (120). This is a great change and what I sort of suggested in version 1. Now extend that change to grant restarts 10% of all military, tech, cash, bushels and oil of it's last country. Let it keep its hard won bonuses. Hell, make it 20%. That sad faced netter (if he played his country well) now has at least some stockpile to rejoin the war effort and not have to quit for the set.

3. Do not allow intra-tag hits (and this goes for spy ops too - an alliance should not be able to spy out one of its own). This is just silly in an alliance server. (Still stands)

4. Give tag admins the ability to declare war on another tag. Create a new db table and store this info. It will make it easier down the track when admins get the impetus to make real changes to war. EXTENSION OF THIS SUGGESTION: In-game tag relations management has the greatest potential to fix the current server issues. Give alliances the following ally slots: 2 x DP, 2 x UNAP, 6-10 x DNH. This hurts the so-called strategy of warring alliances to pact out and leave one alliance to hit. It introduces so many dynamics to the game and makes pacting a huge strategy play. Of course, there will be other pacts outside the system, but you can then play with ingame mechanics based around who you're pacted to. Make the ingame pact lists visible(?)

5. Disallow special attacks in the first 14 days. Nobody wins when wars start that early and the way the server is going with grudge wars, we will soon be fighting OOP. (Hasn't changed - gotten worse) In addendum - special attacks are still allowed via the country to country declare war option. This makes farming untaggeds or small clans still a risky prospect when they can declare war (similar to GDI) and still AB you.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

blid

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2011, 14:48:39

5 things to make Alliance server better you mean...
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Rockman Game profile

Dec 20th 2011, 15:02:31

Learn to play a country that doesn't need 2 weeks to get ready for war. Your inability to play a good country shouldn't cause the game to change just to suit your incompetence.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 20th 2011, 18:55:51

about 1: it takes sometimes longer than 0.25 secs to load page so that change would be quite moot.

about 3: no intra-tag hits would make retallers giving land back to that who lost it quite tricky (retaller and player who got grabbed orig. would need to be online at sametime).

about 2: good idea but there would be alot players against that especially if they get killed by restart who was just killed.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2011, 19:59:09

Marshal the page doesn't re-load when you hit the attack button, or am I wrong?

Marshal Game profile

Dec 20th 2011, 21:47:48

for me it sometimes waits response from ee-server which takes few seconds.

CGiboney Game profile

Dec 20th 2011, 22:57:37

you attack as fast as you can click, from what ive seen this war set.

Unholy Monks

Marshal Game profile

Dec 20th 2011, 23:20:19

i can click fast but sometimes i see that circle next to attack-button, of course that's at ffa.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 20th 2011, 23:42:38

I don't think restarts are 120(120)... if they have been changed to that, I wasn't told....

disallowing intra-tag hits is just too easy to get around to ban it.... though the spying out i could see, BUT EVEN STILL it's easy to part/rejoin... it's silly; this would make sense in team, where teams are locked

4) yes i'm working on that but it's more complicated than you think; i need user profiles to be fully integrated to allow people to register alliances in a multi-set sort of way...

5) all-x for two weeks would be silly
Finally did the signature thing.

diez Game profile

Dec 21st 2011, 2:12:29

intra tags hits is silly. You can try to make countries that detagged unable to tag back for say... 72h.

bertz Game profile

Dec 21st 2011, 3:57:40

"alliance should not be able to spy out one of its own"

Just give the Tag-admin the ability to view the ops of all the countries in the tag. It is needed to avoid spy on your alliance of some potential suiciders under your tag

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 21st 2011, 5:41:22

qz, the first country created can have up to 120(120) turns if it's a late start. Restarts get the usual number of turns, which is 24 hours worth or 100, whichever is less.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 21st 2011, 9:19:09

yeah otherwise you could fa and self delete to get 140 extra finishing turns every 40 hours

even 72 makes a difference compared to the old 50(?)

changes the point at which early kills make sense, i wouldnt object to 100 though

Marshal Game profile

Dec 21st 2011, 22:15:26

restarts get 70ish turns on creation (at least on ffa).

Terranus Game profile

Dec 21st 2011, 23:16:52

72 on ffa

Marshal Game profile

Dec 22nd 2011, 22:50:58

close enuf.

Trife Game profile

Dec 23rd 2011, 2:43:51

Huge believer in number 3. Make it so that you have to wait 2-3 days before you can rejoin the same tag you just left/were booted from.

dagga Game profile

Dec 23rd 2011, 7:37:20

I got banned for 24 hours so I responded to qz in private.

Tag hopping should be disallowed anyway. We need to make your choice of tag more important. The tag itself has no bearing at all on the game except to say you belong to X alliance.

The tag system needs more features. Pacting, disallowing hits between members of the same tag, war system of formal declarations.

Such potential.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22