Verified:

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 14th 2011, 17:00:47

I'd love to figure out how you were able to sell barrels of oil for over $999.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

elvesrus

Nov 14th 2011, 17:04:34

I'm not either one of those, but all I did was put in the number I wanted to sell, and the price I wanted to try to sell it for. After that I clicked place goods for sale.

X Oil Barrels on sale for $4000 each
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 14th 2011, 17:57:43

orly? I thought the game kept you from being able to put barrels on the market for over $999. Shows you how much I've played oiler.

But I was kinda hinting at wanting to know how they were able to get others to buy their oil at such high prices. Did they gift-wrap their barrels and stick Christmas lights on them or something?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 14th 2011, 18:32:21

must been desperate need to buy 4k bucks per barrel oil.

qz ain't sure what is max price for oil.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

hanlong Game profile

Nov 14th 2011, 20:38:52

i would guess it's probably because of all the wars and they really needed to kill someone off who's half dead while they are rushing

just a speculation

at that case, it might be worth buying 4k oil than waiting to let the guy stonewall, potentially costing you more nw than buying that oil
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

LadyGrizz Game profile

Nov 14th 2011, 21:41:41

I am sure a lot of people are buying oil and not even bothering to look at the price simply because they need it asap

Kyatoru Game profile

Nov 14th 2011, 21:48:47

It wouldn't let a few of us put it on for higher than 0999. :(
Dif strats, nw, mil tech, etc.
+Kya

hanlong Game profile

Nov 14th 2011, 23:18:42

that's the thing tho

i know for every good the cap is 3x your private market price

there is no private market price for oil, so i'm wondering where it's getting the cap from?
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Forgotten

Nov 15th 2011, 0:22:37

Bush did it
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Trife Game profile

Nov 15th 2011, 0:29:48

PDM HAX!!11111oeoneoneeleventy

Atryn Game profile

Nov 15th 2011, 13:14:51

Looks like the turret recent min was $9 and Warfare tech sold for $20.

Xinhuan Game profile

Nov 15th 2011, 13:30:45

"Oil cannot be purchased or sold on the private market, except on the Express server. In express, the base selling price for oil is $60 and the base buying price is $400."

"The minimum price for oil on the public market is $13. Any oil priced at $12 or below will be automatically purchased by the market and will not be available for other players to buy. The maximum price for oil is based on the seller's private market discount. The maximum is $4320 multiplied by all factors which lower private market prices."

Taken from http://wiki.earthempires.com/index.php/Oil

Says you can sell oil for up to $4320.

willm Game profile

Nov 15th 2011, 13:47:27

I am #565,

I just put it up and it sold....I have no idea.

Oil was expensive at the time, and I figure the market was shallow. Threw 1.5 mill barrels up at 1500 per.

Thanks for buying it :)

willm Game profile

Nov 15th 2011, 13:47:45

by the way,

how the hell do you know I sold them????

UBer Bu Game profile

Nov 15th 2011, 14:19:46

Networth = Troops*0.5+Jets*0.6+Turrets*0.6+Tanks*2+Spies*1+Tech*2+Land*45+Buildings*35+Money/20000+Food/1000+Missles*2500+Pop/6+Oil/100

Watch the market, track how many are sold at that price between score updates, and see whose country dropped the corresponding amount in NW.
-take off every sig.

diez Game profile

Nov 15th 2011, 14:25:28

^spot on

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Nov 15th 2011, 16:37:49

all part of "the game"
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 15th 2011, 16:50:31

Or in this case, see which country gained the corresponding amount in nw....being it's oil we're talking about. Same with bushels, if you sell enough. That's for the country that sells/otherwise loses bushels/oil.

It's normally easier to tell who sold something, because the seller is not usually online when the transaction takes place, and therefore cannot gain/lose networth by other means (such as exploring, building, teching, etc) before the next update.

Finding the buyer is usually much harder for the opposite reason: they're usually doing other things, such as getting ready for a killrun and buying military or building.

If it's a standing order transaction, it's usually pretty easy to tell who sold and bought something--both parties are usually not online.

In any case, in qzGT, it's all a matter of spotting a market transaction, clicking the time of the transaction (which brings up a list of the countries that changed nw during that time frame), and comparing networth changes. Or, you can do the opposite--pick a country, view all networth changes, and click on the market link for a list of market transactions that took place during a certain update period.

You (willm, #565) were particularly easy to spot because you're a Demo (no market commissions, easy to tell exactly how much money/goods was exchanged).

Xinhuan Game profile

Nov 15th 2011, 17:50:07

I miss the days where there was no Scores and NW changes feed, and you actually had 25 searches only.

UBer Bu Game profile

Nov 15th 2011, 18:09:21

Speaking of, is there any chance of a bored admin going through and updating the formulas in the wiki?
-take off every sig.

UBer Bu Game profile

Nov 15th 2011, 22:48:01

2.1m ago 40,000 Jets bought for $105
2.2m ago 3,000 Jets bought for $105
2.3m ago 500 Jets bought for $105
2.4m ago 50 Jets bought for $105
2.5m ago 1 Jets bought for $105
2.5m ago 40,000 Troops bought for $117
2.6m ago 2,000 Troops bought for $117
2.7m ago 600 Troops bought for $117
2.8m ago 50 Troops bought for $117
2.9m ago 3 Troops bought for $117
3.0m ago 80,000 Turrets bought for $105
3.1m ago 200 Turrets bought for $105
3.2m ago 70 Turrets bought for $105
3.3m ago 1 Turrets bought for $105
3.4m ago 70,000 Tanks bought for $460
3.4m ago 35,000 Turrets bought for $105
3.4m ago 8,000 Tanks bought for $460
3.5m ago 30 Tanks bought for $460
3.6m ago 1 Tanks bought for $460

Hmm...
-take off every sig.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 15th 2011, 23:21:36

damn undercutters.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

elvesrus

Nov 16th 2011, 1:17:52

yeah willm, thanks for undercutting 2500 in one shot :p
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Ruthie

Nov 16th 2011, 2:14:23

*waves to willm*

i had a nice ingame chat with you about a rather large landgrab :)
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Nekked Game profile

Nov 16th 2011, 19:45:04

pies uncutters...splat!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Nov 16th 2011, 19:53:03

might as well just let bots play the game...
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Nov 16th 2011, 20:13:05

are there any stats that this game can be won by people who just play by turns, or are all the winners people who play in real-time?

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 16th 2011, 20:51:41

I'll take this one.

AFAIK, everyone who plays in Alliance has access to the exact same data as everyone else. Each alliance hosting site--as well as the public statistic sites such as eestats and earthgraphs--gets the same amount of information, the same feeds (news, market, scores, etc), and the same access to such (unless a site has decided to limit its own access, and unless the game admins stop a site from getting the feeds for whatever reason). Each site receives the same raw text. Each site has the same capability to manipulate the information it receives from the game as the site's admins see fit.

qzGT doesn't get any more information from the game than, say, boxcar or eestats, despite it being on the same box as the game itself. qzGT may get the information slightly faster than everyone else, but that's it. All the qzGT admins have done is manipulated the information that everyone else also gets so that the members of the alliance it hosts (Evolution) can interpret, with some high degree of reliability, the events that have taken place that may not be as straight-forward as what you see in the news.

Yes, in some circumstances, this does allow us to conserve turns in certain circumstances. Ever have to run an alliance op off a country to see if it has def allies before grabbing that country? You can get the same thing by looking up nw changes at certain times. One turn saved.

No, it is not "real-time". We don't get pop-up alerts when someone sends a possible FA package. We aren't able to just click a single hyperlink and tell everything a country has ever done. We do it by manually clicking on hyperlinks and comparing numbers, usually hours after an event has taken place, and usually after hearing about it from, say, the public forums. In this particular case, on the B&S forum, someone made a post about someone selling oil for over $999, and listed some prices in the post. That, and the time the post was made, was all I needed to track down which countries were involved. In this case, I believe there was a third country involved, but, due to lack of time, I wasn't able to reliably pin down who it was, which is why I didn't mention it.

I'm pretty certain at least one other alliance hosting site has this capability. I cannot attest to the capabilities of other hosting sites. qzGT is one reason, among many others, why Evolution is normally at the top of the ANW list when it nets. If you want access to the capabilities which are available to qzGT, then you have to join the only alliance that is hosted on qzGT.

Nov 16th 2011, 21:31:39

my concern would be that i can't respond 24/7 to whatever the news bot, or stock bot, or market bot wants me to do in order to take advantage of a situation.

does it mean that's the only way to win?

i don't have the stats to prove it.

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 16th 2011, 22:13:45

Not sure what one could do in response to, say, a market buyout or other things to to with the market. I guess you could rush to AT, yelling that "Alliance X is doing a buyout!", but you won't be able to quickly respond ingame about it. Unless your alliance is a large, warring alliance trying a new policy that says "Your countries cannot undercut our turret prices ON PAIN OF DEATH!!!!!"

And as to being able to respond quickly to events in the news, I got 1 word to say to that: stonewalling. I'm sure most players would agree that being able to keep several weeks' worth of work from disappearing in minutes is important.

ebola Game profile

Nov 17th 2011, 9:12:22

Best recruitment post ever :)