Verified:

Jackelope Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 1:37:41

Would you describe a good defense as being top twenty with 80% turrets?? i say thats a bottom feeder... plus all jetters will still break and bottom feeding will soon piss off the wrong guy with nothing to loose...
Would you describe a good defense as 50% jets and 50% turrets??
that leaves room to GS's AB's and weak to all jetters as well a 50/50 with a PS...
how about a country with 90% jets and 10% tanks? Easy prey? I think not... the best defense is a good offense... there is no such thing as a perfect def or strat... I would think a smart person would realize that hitting an all jetter is asking for a retal and it is going to happen... and what can you say about the guys that double(or more) tap an all jetter??? and than send a msg saying "i couldnt help myself because you have no def.." really??? what about all those f'n jets... could those be somesort of deterent?? unfortunatly not alot of people see past there nose... have they not heard of the cold war??(the one between usa and russia) usa had no turrets to shoot down the missiles... what was there def?? what stopped russia from blowing the usa to dust??? A good offense!!!...more missiles!!! It would be nice for people to understand an all jetter is a defense of its own... "do ya feel lucky punk? well do ya??"

blid

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2011, 1:43:19

Nobody can GS or AB you if you are in the GDI.
I think a good defense is something like 35j/65t or 40/60.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Jackelope Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 1:50:32

Im just pointing out there are holes in all def and off plans.. especially when chit hits the fan... as it so often does.. since i've come back.. 3 sets.. all have turned into a pissin match... you can still SS someone 10 times.. LOL i mean there are still ways to find a fight...

AndrewMose Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 1:52:12

That is a good point, but I don't think I can remember an all jetter that won.

I for one am nervous whenever I attack an all jeter. The risk they take is that they get topfed and can't get all their land back.

Jackelope Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 1:57:18

in my opinion, the game is still favors Cashers/Techers... commies 3rd and next set ill be tring Dictator/all jetter... commie/jetter didnt work so good.. i think the extra 25% attack bonus should put some fear into smart people... ??? maybe..

pslayer Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 3:20:51

depends on your start-up strategy. sometimes always carrying 4%+ of warfare and a well built country is enough to keep the double-taps+ away.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2011, 3:26:11

Commies win quite frequently, but jetter is not really a winning strategy and never has been.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Jackelope Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 4:07:46

An all jetter hasnt won because "they" seem to think they are not defended... Im teaching one per reset that the ability to retal on double tappers+(the whole set) is a deterent and therefore should be thought of as a defence :) hopefully this thread educates a few more through the ability to read VRS hard knocks :P

Edited By: Jackelope on Nov 7th 2011, 4:12:29. Reason: i just babble..
See Original Post

blid

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2011, 4:12:08

It isn't going to work though... not only because of smaller people hitting into you, but because anyone you attack... can just retal?

Jackelope Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 4:13:55

im hoping most hit first... then retals +ghost acres+ DR

Jackelope Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 4:15:35

last reset i was 91.. one before 100+.. so it can only get better

crest23 Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 6:16:23

Originally posted by blid:
Commies win quite frequently, but jetter is not really a winning strategy and never has been.

I beg to differ. An all-jetter (at least for a significant period in the set) has won, and on several occasions come close to winning. I have also personally witnessed several all-jetters do very very well set after set.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Pain Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 18:15:38

you can get away with an all jetter for the first 2-3 days because you can survive and get fat just off DR. once you get bottom fed the first 4-5 times and then wack them back you gain a ton of land and dont lose much of it for the next day even if youre hit several times because youre still in DR.

i think you should automatically come out of DR when you make a grab. its not fair that someone can pump all jets, go around hitting every fat country then get farmed and not lose fluff for the next day or hovever long people keep them in DR for.
Your mother is a nice woman

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 18:41:57

de fence is the thing keeping people from walking on the grass.

don't think it matters as long as ghost acres exist. everybody should have 1 jet, 0 troops, 0 turrets and 0 tanks. just keep land trading until y'all run out of turns.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2011, 19:32:43

Another problem with jetters... if we hit you, and you retal and have 0 turrets... someone might decide they don't like that retal and farm the fluff out of you. There's nothing you can do about it then, you'll just be owned, round spoiled.

Only way it really works is by being abused all round and living in DR. But that's only a strategy in Express.

Jackelope Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 21:15:50

But Pain.. thats the part i would be counting on..the DR saving me from getting farmed as well fat retals from people that thought it was an easy LG... Dibs.. isnt there someone else you cant go and annoy??

Jackelope Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 21:16:52

De Fence is what i need to keep Dibs out...

blid

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2011, 22:02:23

Jackelope are you AAA Hot Pizza?

crest23 Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 22:20:05

The best defense I find is a well run Tyr or Dict with high weaps/mil strat/ and warfare tech. I tend to NEVER hit anyone like that. Especially if it take me more that a few tries to break through their spy network.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Jackelope Game profile

Nov 8th 2011, 17:17:11

Blid what makes you ask a silly question like that??reguardless... i dont like running all jetter anymore... It for sure does not work in turney... DR doenst seem to be working.. and i feel like im playing farmville.. i dont like it... maybe if you had a real high spal..>?? but Dic makes no dif... maze well play commie/indy

Jackelope Game profile

Nov 8th 2011, 17:20:45

is it true in turney you can GS,BR n AB without attacking twice?

blid

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2011, 17:23:04

Yes, it's true. Click on the GDI link under your country status and you will see:

The Global Defense Initiative (GDI) is an open organization dedicated to the protection of our members. As a member of GDI, you will receive the protection of GDI forces. No country more than twice your size or less than half your size will be able to go to attack you without first formally declaring war. On this server, GDI protection is free and required.

That's all it does: protect you from people twice your size unless they declare war. I think this makes people multitap MORE, because it means guys can come at you for nothing, or come at you for even a single tap, so you can never play it safe 100% the way you can with the stronger GDIs. Therefore, if you're not safe anyway... double tapping or something doesn't seem so bad.

You might find DR doesn't work as well in Tournament because DR is only 24 hours long. So in Express, 24 hours is 360 turns, but in Tournament it's only, what, 60 turns or so.

Nov 8th 2011, 17:24:55

guess i'm going to have to find a bulldozer. can't let no silly fence stand in the way to a place i wasn't invited.

wonder if people in the tourney forums could answer your questions.

Jackelope Game profile

Nov 8th 2011, 18:22:44

Dibs.. my god man! what is wrong with you?? the topic was ALL-JETTER.. but you are right on a certain level... "Never argue with an idiot, because they will drag you down to thier level and beat you with experience." and with that in mind Dibs.. I concede, youre right. But would you mind if i Just ask some "Stupid Questions"? as i havent played in 12yrs and have forgoten alot as well alot has changed... I feel like an old man with alzheimers and someone has moved my furiture around :)

Edited By: Jackelope on Nov 8th 2011, 18:28:45. Reason: cant spell :(
See Original Post

Nov 8th 2011, 18:34:00

no problem. go right ahead with the questions. i'll attempt to direct you to the proper forum where people with experience can give you proper answers.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2011, 19:38:12

It's funny that you directed him to another forum AFTER I already gave him the answer.

Nov 8th 2011, 20:23:17

you cheated by using a keyboard and mouse. i was attempting to perfect my PSP input skills.

Jackelope Game profile

Nov 8th 2011, 21:56:09

thanks Dibs.. and actuall i was talking about an all-jetter for express... but Blid guessed a country name on tourney... not sure who that AAA Hot Pizza is but hes in 4th right now... have a feeling hes about to get suicided on soon though... hes tring new strat.. its called LG the fluff outta people and see what happens... i told him hes crazy... and i think he is...

diez Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 4:46:45

id say at least 200 turrets per acre for single player games