Verified:

Iovan Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 11:02:56

Theocracies should have to pay 8% on the public market instead of 6%. In exchange the maximum technology penalty they have should be lowered from -35% to -20%. Theo/techer is too strong in my opinion and often sits at the top ten lists. The disadvantages to advantages of the country are not properly balanced.

koonfasa

Aug 5th 2011, 12:50:00

Nothing wrong with a theo in war, just did it and it's faster construction speed made it standout.

Edited By: koonfasa on Aug 5th 2011, 12:52:30. Reason: But
See Original Post

Chaoswind Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 16:49:46

THeo is inferior in Wars?

WTF

I remember a clan went all Theo and comies and FSed on day 5 of the set, when people didn't have any missiles and they did MORE THAN FINE...

Seriously Theo/farmer isn't feasible for war

Theo/Casher
Theo/Indy

Both Work Fine, Theo is the best government of the game, it needs a nerf.

Theocracy
-20% private market costs.
+40% construction speed.
+50% maximum population.
-35% maximum technology.
Double GDI Expenses

I only see 2 negative bonuses, one is strong, but the other one is a plain old joke.

Theocracy
-15% private market costs.
+40% construction speed.
+50% maximum population.
-35% maximum technology.
10% market commissions.

Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Rockman Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 18:07:50

Originally posted by Watertowers:
Theo is the best netting government for experienced players, but any change would not good since balance =/ good for the game. In warsets, theo is decidedly inferior to most other governments.

Theocracy is the best destocking government. Republic, Democracy, and Fascist are all better netting governments for experienced players.

Theocracy does just fine in early wars where SDI isn't an issue. And due to its bpt bonus, it has a decided advantage in early wars, too. If you're going to do an FS in the first 7 to 10 days, theocracy cashers compete with commie indies for being the best strategy for war.

Rockman Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 20:46:29

Right, because making use of empty land is so important in war.

Chaoswind Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 21:20:05

I never said Theo is bad in wars, but in terms of strength, only Rep and Dem are worse. Tyr and dict are hands down the best, commie has tech bonus which allows quick generation of missiles, Fasc can make use of empty land better.

ahem

In warsets, theo is decidedly inferior to most other governments.

You said most.

a in a early FS (day 4 or 5) theo is decisively much better that most governments, INCLUDING dictators.

Comie is better to get tons of Jets and Turrets, while Theo has the means to get cheaper troops aka tons of them.

So an alliance of Comies and Theos in an early FS can break ANYTHING you throw at them.

Tyrany is good, but when you have to break Comies and Theos on early sets they fall behind, i saw the results, a lot of tyranies can't beat pure Comies and Theos early.

So for an early war, Comie/Theo/Tyrany mix is the strongest country combo you can make.
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

SolidSnake Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 1:48:59

i fail to see how anyone can consider theo over powered when almost no one plays it and finishes top 10/100 (outside of converting to theo for the destock)

Chaoswind Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 2:43:18

Tell that to the Theos in express

Ultimately Theo is weaker at stocking because of the tech penalty.

But because theo has a BPT bonus, you really need to grab with it, all explore theos are inferior to Fasc/Reps/Demos on the same land, that is why you need to Land Grab, as a theo you should always have more land then the rest of the so called netting governments and not just a little more than them.

Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2