Verified:

synoder Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 2:39:50

maybe my memory is bad but when I came back and started playing again it seemed pretty similar to how I remembered it. Sure there are better tools and stuff but the basics was what I meant. I mean how much variation is there between forum board functionality anyways?

mrford Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 2:45:34

when the list of differences is longer than the difference of similarities, then it is kinda hard to call them "almost the same"

thats just me though

the ability to have more than 99 posts in a thread
signatures
PM function
game integration
post count
messenger integration
user control panel
swear filter
menus
etc etc

i understand that the color and board titles are similar, but in the overall scheme...they are vastly different "almost identical" i guess is a phrase that can be misunderstood, but i disagree with that statement.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

synoder Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 2:53:36

those things dont effect basic functionality tho. If he knew how to use the old swirve boards then using these boards would be basically the same is all I was saying.

QiXiongMao Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 2:54:37

Yes, those are the modern features I was talking about. That however does not do anything to change the basic way the forums looked or were named.

You are at least being civil but I do not see what the difference is to what either synoder or I are saying that is at odds with what you are thinking. If you feel I am insulting the boards, I am not. If anything I would say it's a compliment to integrate a modern forum system with out drastically changing the look or functions of the original boards.

mdevol said that "and on top that off he claims to be new but knows his way around the forums pretty well". I am saying there is no difference from the old boards that would cause myself or anyone that used the old boards to be unable to navigate around.
I would go as far to state because they are well named and well laid out that even someone that had never used a forum before could figure out how to get around these boards.

mrford Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 2:58:38

meh, agree to disagree.

as for me being civil, if you dont come at me guns drawn, i have no reason to shoot back.

Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Aug 1st 2011, 3:24:00

agreed
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Rockman Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 6:15:00

I'm a bit curious as to why he doesn't want to kill Mercs or ESD, but does want to kill CC. Is CC that much better than Dragon and I at being douchebags?

QiXiongMao Game profile

Aug 1st 2011, 6:45:44

Well we played together in LaF. While you are overly overconfident in your skills and very loud on this board you are not generally venomous and I did find redeeming posts.

I do not see much out of Dragon that is so offensive. Dragon appears to defend his clan, which is healthy.

I also hate to see a netting set ruined because someone gets too big for their britches and thinks they deserve more respect than they really have earned.