Verified:

Bsnake Game profile

Jul 28th 2011, 5:53:18

why does a troop require the same oil as a jet or tank, yet a jet or tank is worth more NW......

I vote we lower troops oil usage or add gatorade or some fluff for troops in place of oil...
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

ZDH Game profile

Jul 28th 2011, 5:55:31

H20!
-BigZ

Dizology Game profile

Jul 28th 2011, 6:34:09

I agree.

1 APC would use less oil than a tank, and carry about 8 troops.

Either that or hitting somebody with a close #, I should be able to force them to walk and take no oil :) lol

Bsnake Game profile

Jul 28th 2011, 7:13:23

see diz understands ;)
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

dreamCatalyst Game profile

Jul 28th 2011, 11:01:51

And how would you transport your troops to the border then eh? I like our bigass American troop-transports. Sure they cost a whole lot of oil but at least you can fit 4 Troops in one truck.

Bsnake Game profile

Jul 28th 2011, 12:22:07

i use thae force.... it is strong in my troops
<Crippler> 115m NW

Tinysub[SYN] Game profile

Jul 28th 2011, 20:54:56

lol

Marshal Game profile

Jul 28th 2011, 22:06:16

troops bath on oil.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 28th 2011, 23:27:32

Sorry, not going to change game mechanics just to encourage FFA's special brand of stupidity.

Ozzite Game profile

Jul 28th 2011, 23:30:15

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Sorry, not going to change game mechanics just to encourage FFA's special brand of stupidity.

ROFLMAO

I love you slagpit
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Bigwiggle Game profile

Jul 28th 2011, 23:31:50

Turrets should have to use oil to defend too
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 28th 2011, 23:45:47

I mean really, even the most hardcore FFAers must know deep down that the FFA market is totally screwed up. All of those threads about no oil on the market, awful tech prices, and so on are evidence enough. I can think of three reasons for why that is, although I'm only going to post two of them here:

1) People play too many farmers because farmer is relatively easier than other strategies. That's fine, I can mitigate that somewhat through game tools and balancing mechanics.

2) Open hostility towards and pointless killing of netters. That's right kids: you need both a mix of strategies and a balance of warrers and netters if you want a balanced, functional market for a game of FFA's length. So you people are really just screwing yourselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/...The_Scorpion_and_the_Frog

It's amazing how many different ways I can apply to FFA. This is by far the best part: "It is better we should both perish than that my enemy should live."

Bsnake Game profile

Jul 29th 2011, 0:19:17

or be self suficent :)

like a good killer should be able to be :)
<Crippler> 115m NW

Ozzite Game profile

Jul 29th 2011, 0:25:55

Originally posted by Bsnake:
or be self suficent :)

like a good killer should be able to be :)

n000000000000000000b
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

synoder Game profile

Jul 29th 2011, 0:42:33

Other than a few netters getting killed here and there I don't really see any hostility towards netters. FFA is more of a war server than alliance but people that want to net in peace normally dont have a problem. There is some hostility towards self farmers but not netters in general.

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Jul 29th 2011, 0:57:51

Originally posted by synoder:
Other than a few netters getting killed here and there I don't really see any hostility towards netters. FFA is more of a war server than alliance but people that want to net in peace normally dont have a problem. There is some hostility towards self farmers but not netters in general.

he is still butt-hurt over IMP killing his country
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

Popcom Game profile

Jul 29th 2011, 1:57:41

if your so cynical and hateful towards FFA why not let someone else take the reins for here?
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Kill4Free Game profile

Jul 29th 2011, 2:10:07

I do sense a lot of hate :P
Though if anyone made it their mission to stop a buyout or to make a price stabilize, it isn't too hard to do.
Just no one really cares enough for the most part to try to do that :P
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 29th 2011, 2:12:02

Originally posted by synoder:

I see it all the time.

Originally posted by cRaZyDaVe:
he is still butt-hurt over IMP killing his country

I don't care about your fluff clan. I know you think it's an accomplishment to kill solo tags, pacted countries, or to suicide from another tag while paying "reps", but it's really not. An accomplishment would be something like winning a decent war. How many wars has IMP won in the last year? 1? 2? It certainly seems like it's been a while.

Originally posted by Popcom:
if your so cynical and hateful towards FFA why not let someone else take the reins for here?

If people are going to be hateful towards me, I might as well be hateful back. And do you really think any of the other admins want to take over? lol

Edited By: Slagpit on Aug 2nd 2011, 2:37:45

braden Game profile

Jul 29th 2011, 2:14:11

as for popcoms suggestion, slagpit, I am available.. just saying..