Verified:

Rockman Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 19:18:18

Originally posted by Evolution:
Originally posted by Rockman:
Due to Laf's enemies, they run more defense than any other tag on the server. As someone who plays untagged more than they play in a tag, I can tell you, trying to find a country in LaF I can break is really hard. Omega, Monster, and LaF are the hardest to hit because they run the most defense. Its alliances like SoL, SoF, RD, Evo, etc. that run low defense or no defense.

Sol and Sof usually have more defense than RD, Evo and Laf. Laf had no/low SDI most of this reset, and were very land fat. Sol had high defense until trying to netgain, then some people pulled a laf and forgot about defense. Evo had resonable defense this set as they were waring.

However Sol and Sof are war clans not netting clans :D

I was talking about defense in terms of landgrabbing them, not in terms of SDI. I was also talking about the defense run by countries in netting tags. Tags at war obviously run around with decent sized militaries. And I wouldn't be spying or landgrabbing a tag at war unless that tag was grabbing/farming untaggeds for land while still hiding behind a war-DNH.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 31st 2011, 19:26:20

BS rockman! LaF always gets away with ridiculously low def compared to Evo due to your pact-out practises... Evo has never had both SoF and SOL pacted and consequently *always* gets topfed by at least one of them, and of course PDM...
Finally did the signature thing.

Philippines Azkals Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 19:30:11

long thread.

Rockman Game profile

Mar 31st 2011, 19:37:35

Originally posted by qzjul:
BS rockman! LaF always gets away with ridiculously low def compared to Evo due to your pact-out practises... Evo has never had both SoF and SOL pacted and consequently *always* gets topfed by at least one of them, and of course PDM...

That might be true for the countries that exceed an average all-explore country in size. I've only come from the perspective of spying on the countries that are at the bottom of the tag in networth because its hard as an untagged to grow much beyond 1 mil networth without being killed merely for being 'a threat'.

When it comes to there being countries under 3 mil networth when most of the all-explore countries are already up to 15k+ acres, Evo outnumbers LaF in that regard. When it comes to the defense run by the 25k+ acre countries in LaF compared to the defense run by the 25k+ acre countries in Evo, you might be right.

Shinigami Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 3:42:07

Originally posted by Kyatoru:
They have no standards.

Exactly!

Evolution Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 5:42:16

Originally posted by qzjul:

Hmmm I would have to agree with qzjul. Laf relies effectively (heavily) on pacts/politics/L:L for defense rather than actual defense.

If we are talking metagame, rather than military/sdi/spal, then this netgaining reset showed that Sol whilst netgaining ended up as defense low as Laf, relying on pacting for defense.

In terms of retalling, Sol is more crazy and members are willing to expend stock/change gov to do retals than Laf, who sometimes asks people to lower their def.

Though you do have a point Rockman, neutrals and vacationers do have a problem when killed because they might retal.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Spaced Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 6:54:07

Umm I like how this thread is now about laf's politics. Ergo why I told him not to join lag to complicated haha. He can join you when he gets good. If he ever playsZ

BattleKJ Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 7:13:28

In LaF he can get FA'ed into the top 10. In LaF they might run landfarms for him.

locket Game profile

Apr 1st 2011, 8:39:46

Evolution, do you mean asking other clans? That only happens when they do something underhanded.

If you mean asking laffers to drop defense you are crazy :P

Grisgoroth Game profile

Apr 2nd 2011, 14:01:32

*gives cookies to spaced *

why don't you and your buddy join Omega and play with me :)