Verified:

Sifos Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 20:47:06

We <3 you.

HF!
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

NoleICN Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 20:50:51

hope you guys like all the defused missiles!

Lets have fun!
Nole

Retired

Sifos Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 20:52:04

I lost 3 cruises and 1 chem :S

On the positive side, I managed to launch 9 nm's and 7 chems only a min earlier! :D
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 28th 2011, 21:01:09

hehe, if iMag loses this it will be pretty lolworthy
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

WH Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 21:02:26

your face is lol worthy!

good luck both sides.

iXenomorph Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 21:05:00

I'm a pro and didn't get any missiles. SO instead of destroying mine you wasted ops on me.

I am SO pro!!!
"Have you ever noticed how a cat is genuinely sad when the mouse they are playing with dies ???" - Prima

Krue Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 21:06:19

I did not like the defused missiles =(

I did like the 20 demos done on me when I was at 23% readi though!

Good luck to both.

iNouda Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 21:08:41

20 missiles gone huhu :(

#1129 <-- kill me fast =P

Thomas Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 21:15:59

We won't lose Pontius. Have faith.

Jiman Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 21:18:28

is this some kind of mini war?

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 28th 2011, 21:24:45

36 vs 29 tagged countries, one clan just had a war with SoF while another's been stocking for weeks, Thomas? It helps that iMag's countries have terrible SPALs and military counts but they do have missile counts and stockpiles AND the FS so that should be enough.

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Jiman Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 21:26:09

is there a point to this war? mutual enjoyment? someone pissed off the other? Or just because one person feels like doing it?

Soviet Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 21:28:36

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
36 vs 29 tagged countries, one clan just had a war with SoF while another's been stocking for weeks, Thomas? It helps that iMag's countries have terrible SPALs and military counts but they do have missile counts and stockpiles AND the FS so that should be enough.

http://forums.earthempires.com/...p;z=imag-vs-sol-ceasefire

I wouldn't consider 10 days "weeks", that and we were thoroughly killed while sanct is still sporting originals with insane spies.
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

Thomas Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 21:33:28

Jiman --

We were both bored.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 28th 2011, 21:36:10

Originally posted by Soviet:

I wouldn't consider 10 days "weeks", that and we were thoroughly killed while sanct is still sporting originals with insane spies.

SOL has a grand total of 3 kills on you since February 23 according to EESTATS

Soviet Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 21:38:09

SOL has a grand total of 3 kills on you since February 23 according to EESTATS

So you're saying SOL sending massive FA packages to NA restarts doesn't factor into IMAG having to kill said countries, with no FA help at all? This war wasn't planned until a few days ago. Get over yourself.
Imaginary Numbers

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 28th 2011, 21:38:36

btw our originals were fresh from a war with SoF, an alliance that actually knows how to build countries (tip: build industrial complexes to get spies) so I'd say those countries of yours with $1.5bn stocked are better equiped than anything other than 1/2 countries we have

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 28th 2011, 21:40:16

I would check on NA since they were at war with imag too
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Jiman Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 21:42:04

Originally posted by Thomas:
Jiman --

We were both bored.
Ah ok. Cool.

Soviet Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 21:42:53

btw our originals were fresh from a war with SoF, an alliance that actually knows how to build countries (tip: build industrial complexes to get spies) so I'd say those countries of yours with $1.5bn stocked are better equiped than anything other than 1/2 countries we have

Yeah because blowing all of our income on breaking 1-2m GS/BR breaks on FRESH NA restarts TOTALLY means we were stocking for this particular war at the same time.
Imaginary Numbers

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 28th 2011, 21:43:12

Originally posted by Warster:
I would check on NA since they were at war with imag too
err 4 kills in the past 14 days. so one more than if it was just SOL.

but both sides came into this war willingly - it'll just be a testament to iMag's mediocrity if they manage to lose this

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 28th 2011, 21:43:59

Yeah because blowing all of our income on breaking 1-2m GS/BR breaks on FRESH NA restarts TOTALLY means we were stocking for this particular war at the same time.

yet your countries are much better stocked. besides, can't have been that serious a war if you have countries stocking with 50k troops and 0 turrets...

Soviet Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 21:49:01

yet your countries are much better stocked. besides, can't have been that serious a war if you have countries stocking with 50k troops and 0 turrets...

Is this a veiled compliment? Thanks for noticing our wargaining skills.
Imaginary Numbers

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 28th 2011, 21:52:45

Err well by the looks of it there really wasn't much of a war, so maybe just netgaining skills? and remember, it's relative to how much we managed to develop our countries while warring SoF in the same period ;)

Hohiro Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 21:58:56

Have fun

herbs12 Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 22:24:30

Pontius Pirate?

who cares, seriously? The set is almost over its just to pass time, it doesnt matter about anything.

Hardy Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 22:49:30

a 5 hour heads-up before their FS woulda been nice.. now i died.. =(

madjsp Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 23:12:39

Meh, SoL was giving FA to a SoF country during our war. SoL does a lot I guess!
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war

joe2 Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 23:15:53

More than nubs who die while online :P

mrford Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 0:53:54

Originally posted by madjsp:

i got 1 FA package from a SoL country. to be fair, i didnt know that it was a SoL member, i thought it was a sanct member when i accepted the pact. i let the country die shortly after and didnt hit with the AID.

if you wish to fluff about that id suggest you not because it in no way affected the war.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ponderer Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 0:57:04

confirmed. mrford so was giddy, he posted a thread titled "FA from zee enemy" after receiving the aid.
m0m0rific

joe2 Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 1:08:51

Originally posted by mrford:

i got 1 FA package from a SoL country. to be fair, i didnt know that it was a SoL member, i thought it was a sanct member when i accepted the pact. i let the country die shortly after and didnt hit with the AID.

if you wish to fluff about that id suggest you not because it in no way affected the war.

We were kind of hoping that you guys would get more FA so we could kill more, but now its over :(

Thomas Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 1:12:41

Originally posted by mrford:

We knew about the FA for a while now and never mentioned it. Obviously if we were concerned about it we would have brought the issue up sooner. But we didn't.

dagga Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 3:03:04

Oh Thomas how noble of you!

I'm also running a bank on what will come first - Chicago Cubs winning the World Series or ImagNum winning a war.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

iXenomorph Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 3:19:22

Heya dagga,

To expect us to "win" a war 120 vs 39 is a little shortsighted. Not that we're complaining. We welcome the uphill battle. In fact, the war wouldn't had been as satisfying if it had consisted of us demolishing NA, whom, as we all know, do not make it their business to be acquainted with war anyway. While their performance was poor -- something I don't fault them for because of the nature of their clan as netters -- I have a lot more respect for them then I have for you or SOL.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of people that I like in SOL, but being criticized by someone in a clan that hasn't felt the necessity to fight with any form of desperation because they haven't seen the compulsion to, the need to, because they've always had the luxury of being on top... holds as much water as the teeth my grandmother soaks her dentures in -- which is to say, not much, and whatever water held is defiled and scummy.

It's truly disappointing to see that this is the kind of position the "Sons of Liberty" hold.
"Have you ever noticed how a cat is genuinely sad when the mouse they are playing with dies ???" - Prima

Jiman Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 3:33:12

You base your entire comment on this single phrase "because they've always had the luxury of being on top".

First, I would like to thank you for considering SOL being "ontop". It means alot to me that you think highly of us.

Second, It isnt luxury to be a decent warring alliance, it takes effort from everyone within the alliance to make things happen. If you think you just happen to be on the lossing side, maybe you should pick your allies and your wars better? Being on the bottom as Imag has been is as much as apart of the game as being on the 'winning side'. Its a balancing act that has positive and negative effects both long term and short term.

So really much of you have said in that statement is pretty void considering where its comming from. Try harder next time when attempting to insult someone.

Edit:
Also, losing proudly without staining your image is as important as winning.
2nd Edit:
Shouldnt try to derail the thread anymore, lets get it back on topic!

Good Luck Imag and Sanct!

Edited By: Jiman on Mar 29th 2011, 3:45:36
See Original Post

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 5:37:13

Originally posted by Jiman:
is there a point to this war?

Dear god I hope not!
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

iTavi

Mar 29th 2011, 8:43:24

Pontius Pirate, why so bitter? did we kill you country?
otherwise i can't see any point to the useless posts you make.

and if you think it's easy to have 10 days stocking for a tagkilled clan to fight against huge originals with SDI and techs and all is just stupid.
~

iHobo Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 9:01:51

I feel like this video explains what PP was thinking;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 29th 2011, 10:56:15

Originally posted by iTavi:

and if you think it's easy to have 10 days stocking for a tagkilled clan to fight against huge originals with SDI and techs and all is just stupid.

10 days = more than 2 weeks by the looks of it

you've got a 7 country advantage, the FS, time to stock... what more does iMag need to actually win a war?

PS: your countries could also have SPALs and techs. If you'd actually built ICs from the beginning and spent those cash piles on $900 tech you'd be doing pretty well

Soviet Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 11:33:00

Originally posted by iTavi:

10 days = more than 2 weeks by the looks of it

you've got a 7 country advantage, the FS, time to stock... what more does iMag need to actually win a war?

PS: your countries could also have SPALs and techs. If you'd actually built ICs from the beginning and spent those cash piles on $900 tech you'd be doing pretty well

It's clear you know just about as much as NA's hWar.
Imaginary Numbers

dagga Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 11:44:08

"IXenowhat" SOL has always been on top on this server?

See we were demolished by LCN and Omega in Aug 2010 by trying to defend the stupidity of imagnum. Demolished. The set after that, we took a 60 member LaF to task over their 48 hr retal window and L:L with our 40 members (and declining). We prevailed.

Don't confuse hard work with just happening to be one of the better alliances on the server. It doesn't just happen like that. Maybe imaginary numbnuts could take heed and realise that after however many years you idiots have been alive you have never risen above Ragnarok status? At least they were able to get themselves aligned with a few coalitions now and then that actually made a difference.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 29th 2011, 11:44:24

in the meantime, big post in LKS saying "BUY SOME TECH"

Soviet Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 11:56:46

Originally posted by dagga:

See we were demolished by LCN and Omega in Aug 2010 by trying to defend the stupidity of imagnum. Demolished. The set after that, we took a 60 member LaF to task over their 48 hr retal window and L:L with our 40 members (and declining). We prevailed.

Don't confuse hard work with just happening to be one of the better alliances on the server. It doesn't just happen like that. Maybe imaginary numbnuts could take heed and realise that after however many years you idiots have been alive you have never risen above Ragnarok status? At least they were able to get themselves aligned with a few coalitions now and then that actually made a difference.

Our stupidity? I don't think SOL should be signing DPs if they have absolutely no intent on honoring them. It took you 10 days after I called you in to stop circle jerking each other and finally start hitting. Ten. Days. The war was over by the time you started hitting.

And it wasn't only that. A certain Red thought it'd be funny/cute to give LCN a heads up on your FS. So much notice in fact that LCN found Omega which promptly came in and bulldozed you right after your FS.

The only fault I take away from that war is actually believing SOL had respect enough to help iMag when called upon. I was sorely wrong and I haven't looked back since.
Imaginary Numbers

iXenomorph Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 12:03:45

Try as I might, the only emotion this appeal can stimulate within me is cold satisfaction. You got destroyed by two alliances whom I both respect for being dependable and internally consistent, as opposed to unreliable hypocrites.

I can respect a good war, and I can respect people who tag kill us over and over and over again. LCN and Fist farmed us for a month. I respect that more than the swift tag kill you gave us earlier this set. As hard as I try to, I can't respect the "liberty" that you profess to serve.

ibujke Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 13:52:51

Thanks.

Imag, you guys are good fighters and to be honest, there is not much joy fighting you guys all the time. Why do you think you have to be the 'loose cannons' of Earth? It's like an attention seeking thing. Why don't you try the slightly more difficult path and develop relations with a group of alliances and help them out? Having 'flufflists' and random first strikes is no longer going to fly here.

Give yourselves some credit and try to play the game in a better spirit otherwise we will just end up here in the same spot. If you want to change, SOL will not only leave you alone, but I'm sure will help you along the way. :)

ld Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 15:35:19

yea this war is oddly "shaped" Im not sure how to weigh in on who would have an advantage. Sanct has big countries with techs left over from the original war with SOF. Most of these were maimed, sold off millions of spies, changed govs, etc.. (no excuses, dont get me wrong). So we have the NW advantage, but we have fewer countries and did not have any stored turns. It's hard to determine what the advantage is but it is all in good fun anyway so it doesnt really matter eh?

Bigger countries Vs Samller restarts, with a 7 member adavntage, the FS and many more turns.

i think its fair enough.

kemo Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 18:44:57

atleast i only need 1 goggle when swimming in my pool!!
all praised to ra

bore Game profile

Patron

Mar 29th 2011, 19:20:03

countries stocking with 50k troops and 0 turrets...

wtf you were spying on me??

:D

Lobo Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 19:55:50

Oh Thomas how noble of you!

I'm also running a bank on what will come first - Chicago Cubs winning the World Series or ImagNum winning a war.

All hail King Thomas...

and hey if the Red Socks got over 'the curse' there is hope for the Cubbies!

on a side note more in line with the thread.... fighting IMAG is different from RAGE ....so not having ten days to built up restarts our restarts were still building to hit RAGE style restarts, not IMAG.
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...