Verified:

Prac Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 15:17:09

Maybe Team Server should add on stuff like TEAM War. countries between 2 tags that are in war. have + 50% defensive bonus from attacks from other countries and - 50% gains when attacked. But the downside is exploration size - 50% and exploration cost +50% attacking others outside war target -50% gains and - 50% offensive points also =D

Any Teams can declare on any other team. however 1 team can be only at war with 1 other team at any moment in time. however in order to prevent teams from farming a team and jumpinging into a fake war. make it like you cannot declare war on another team if any members of the team made an attack during the past 6 hours.

However in order to prevent ppl for fake warring in order to stock pile. there should be a penalty for being in a war. - 20% revenue or something.

ppl who play utopia should find this similar =x

but i reckon it will be too much of a change =x

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 26th 2011, 1:43:49

ya, that's pretty crazy for a standalone change :p

it's an interesting idea to think about in the context of future changes to the structure of the server.
making it so you can wage a "contained" war against another team could be fun :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 26th 2011, 2:20:10

Why not just have a severe attrition rate for teams attacking other teams that they aren't declared war to? Say, instead of losing however % of units on an attack, you lose, say, 90% of the forces you send.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

W Game profile

Mar 26th 2011, 22:30:46

Originally posted by NukEvil:
Say, instead of losing however % of units on an attack, you lose, say, 90% of the forces you send.

that would really suck to type the wrong # ...hehe.

also, the team that gets declared on gets penalized too? i can see people being fluffs with that one...do you have to have a full team to declare war or can you make a team of one and declare on a team of 5, thus making all their countries hurt until they killed you. you could also use it towards the end of a set to shelter countries from suiciders. if people arent really running turns, it's not a big penalty.

you can get an unmolested 5v5 in team if you want, there are at least two going on right now.
[9:22pm] xHx: on a fluff ton of tech
[9:22pm] xHx was kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)
[9:22pm] Within[SnG]: what?? fluff this
[9:22pm] You were kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)

londwell

Mar 27th 2011, 7:35:27

Even look at the old Utopia system of declaring war.

Team A declares war on Team B

a certain amount of hits have to be exchanged from both sides for a state of war to be entered.

Team B has the option of declaring peace with Team A so the war never gets off the ground.

There were heavy penalties for hitting outside of war, and growth was severely inhibited.

Rockman Game profile

Mar 28th 2011, 2:06:37

Its an interesting idea, but even a -20% revenue penalty wouldn't mean much, and even if you applied it to all strategies, it wouldn't hurt people who are destocking

It'd be very hard to come up with a good system for this, but hopefully the team server won't get out of control with people working as 'super teams' or whatever you want to call them

But unfortunately, it looks like the team server is turning out that way as cross-tag kills are apparently acceptable. Earth Empires is hopeless in its current state, honorable play is just not as attractive as being a bully.

Makinso Game profile

Mar 29th 2011, 19:56:48

Uuhhmmm Pang if you look at I think development forum :-P

There's a long post from me there about ideas for team server and contained wars etc. Unless it got cleaned up...