Verified:

dagga Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 9:33:40

Can't win em all and you ended up taking on a challenge that was always going to be an uphill battle. The numbers and land advantage clearly were the deciding factor in this war with your HPM not enough to bridge the 27 country gap.

In my unqualified opinion you might have gone a bit shallow with a 10-11k land target, and when ECM were able to pull together an extra 27 or so members, their ability to outproduce and keep plenty of breakers with stock around looked to be the killer blow.

This is the stat that has sunk your effort to produce one of the better victories the game has seen for a while:

Hits Per Member:
SOF: 271
ECM: 269

Never thought that ECM would come close to that figure. Credit must go to them and also to SOF that their members on average have still outhit ECM after taking 20% more hits.

Anyway, the last remaining factor in this great war is can SOF hold onto just 1 original or can ECM tagkill them? In itself, this war has been a great boon for the netgainers in the game, having been able to gear their members for a war on neutral terms. A magnanimous action by SOF that has resulted in a heavy loss, but has been great for the game (something that the non-war alliances should be very grateful for).

It's an interesting cross-road that we find ourselves in. Can arranged wars be the future? Are war-oriented alliances going to cop this sort of thing for here on in? We shall see, but my guess is no. Too many alpha-personalities in alliances like SOF and SOL for that to happen!
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Murf Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 9:43:28

15 Originals left, we'll see how it turns out

Sanct has 12
Evo has 16
Monsters has 19

ECM activity is were I honestly expected it to be as they had a reason to fight and knew when it was coming, SoF's activity should of been a lot better, the members who are doing well are carrying those who have done nothing. Allows us to trim the deadweight though so thanks for the wake up call ECM, good war so far

CC Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 10:29:34

Well done SoF. You killed my awesomely prepped country in 5 mins during your CS. It is always going to be hard battle in any case for both cases. ECM had a lot of issues (some yet to be resolved) too. :)

We still have some days to finish the battle!
Canterbury Crusader (CC)
Evolution

SMz Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 15:14:43

nice post dagga

Ageon

Mar 19th 2011, 16:19:52

Great restart rate by SoF as well

Thomas Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 16:39:27

Someone must have hijacked Dagga's account!

ZIP Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 18:43:28

who is that guy?
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Pain Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 19:51:32

id be curious to see what might have happened had that whole random FS bot generator was used. could have gone differently.
Your mother is a nice woman

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 19th 2011, 20:07:18

This effort by SOF is probably about 75-80% of what they could be at 100.

Imagine what they'll be when they trim the fat and train a few more noobs.

They were 10-15 super active countries away from winning this war,
Z is #1

Pain Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 20:11:06

looks like they either under estimated Monters countries or they were very well built. you guys only lost a handful of orig. it seems.
Your mother is a nice woman

Ivan Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 20:22:46

yer wrong on both points actually :P

CGiboney Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 21:04:09

Nice job guys.

Unholy Monks

crazyserb Game profile

Mar 19th 2011, 22:08:03

yeah servent, imagine imag had 100 members and they were all like super active...but this game is not about imagination.

lol how is this a nice post when all that dagga is doing is saying that SoF did a good job, when they lost...i dont get it.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 20th 2011, 2:50:56

Crazy,

SOF fought a group allinaces 30% larger than itself, that was fully warprepped, and without the aid of a FS,

and basically stood toe to toe,
While, a portion of their new members from the recent merger didn't really come through, so one could debate that it was more like 40-45% larger.

And they stood toe to toe.

It is easily the best war effort on since the game became EarthEmpires, and probably the best effort in the year or two before that.

If the country count was closer, as it was supposed to have been,
SOF would have won.

And, give it 2 resets,
SOF will be at that 100 mark,
I don't think we have to worry about imag pull that off, that truly is an imagination.

And, Monsters did fairly well.
Due to RL issues, we had a super active 80% particiation rate,
and a 17% Sorta active rate, with one inactive.

We walled pretty well, what limited chances we had,

And yes, our country builds were not as good as they should have been overall,

But for a group that really hadn't warred, for 2 years, or been in a war that wasn't a blindside situation in much longer than that, Monsters acquitted themselves very well.

In a way Ivan is right, though not fully.

Personally I'm kinda pisses Monsters didn't come under fire,
we were hoping to be under the gun more to see how'd we fare.

Z is #1

Goofy Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 3:50:30

*me launches attacks at Servant*

How's that for being under fire :-p

mrford Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 8:00:39

+3 Servant
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

diez Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 8:10:34

SoF did really well in this war.

ECM also did well even though we consist of 3 different alliances with different approaches to war.

It's been a fun war, good job to everyone involved.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 20th 2011, 16:31:14

Originally posted by Servant:
Crazy,
While, a portion of their new members from the recent merger didn't really come through, so one could debate that it was more like 40-45% larger.

It was a good war, but I don't see how you could debate that at all. This is like some fishing trip story where by the end of next set the story will go that ECM had three times the numbers and SoF will have won.

SoF said publicly they thought to have 115 members. It is unfortunate that the RAGE merger didn't go through exactly to plan and they wound up tagging 100. It did give us a numbers advantage, but contrary to ivan's popular belief, there wasn't a recruitment drive; word just got out to some old vets that if they came back, there was a war with SoF waiting for them. Even then, we tagged up 28% more than them, and several of those guys never made hits and wound up being farmland for SoF anyways.

SoF fought well. They're still the best war alliance in the game right now. But there is no reason to say that they only lost because they were down 30-45% in numbers, because it simply isn't true. It took some time, but ECM worked hard and got sub-minute kill runs on top SoFers and had about the same hits per members.

Saying that SoF only lost because they were outnumbered isn't fair to ECM OR SoF, because obviously SoF thought they could handle the numbers advantage before the war started, and if ECM are just pushovers, then a loss is a failure on SoF's part.

Helmet Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 17:09:36

It's hard to say who would have won if they numbers were closer to what they were supposed to be and it doesn't matter. :) We took a big challenge and it was more than we could handle. It was/is a fun war.

Ivan Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 17:20:12

Actually tertius when this war was being planned ECM was counted to 101 and SoF about the same, feel free to ask thomas servant or qz about this since they were in the meeting with me

austin Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 18:11:44

Great JOb SOf !

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 20th 2011, 18:18:11

Originally posted by Ivan:

Actually tertius when this war was being planned ECM was counted to 101 and SoF about the same, feel free to ask thomas servant or qz about this since they were in the meeting with me
SoF would look a lot better if you and SMz just let Helmet and the m0m0 people do the talking.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Ivan Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 19:49:55

Indeed, stating facts on these boards should be forbidden! im the terrible leadah!

Thomas Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 19:58:18

Ivan -- you just complain too much. You wanted ECM to have a numbers advantage, then fluffed about the advantage 1 week into the war, instead of raising concerns before the war kicked off. We could have easily dropped our inactive members that didn't produce any hits and weren't targeted by SoF, due to that inactivity, for a week. But there was really no reason to. I even brought that discussion up but others felt it wasn't necessary. At no point was I informed of any objections to the numbers advantage before the war began.

And Servant, I agree SoF did a great job. But there comes a point when kissing SoF's ass gets a bit disgusting. It reminds me of the time MrFord led NA into a slaughter against SoF. Throughout the war all he did was post on AT about how great SoF was (trying to save his reputation). It was annoying for everybody who had the displeasure of reading it. Givings props is one thing, but it sounds like you want to make out with Ivan right now :P

Thomas Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 20:02:39

Originally posted by Helmet:
It was/is a fun war.

I've never talked with you before, but I agree with almost every post you've made regarding this war...

Thomas Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 20:06:56

Originally posted by Pain:
looks like they either under estimated Monters countries or they were very well built. you guys only lost a handful of orig. it seems.

At about 5-7 days in (I forget exactly) SoF had only killed 5 original Monsters. Apparently the plan was to take on Evo + Sanct first and leave Monsters for last. I don't think a lot of them walled off KRs, moreso SoF not really targeting them since they don't really war and didn't expect much production out of Monsters. For a few days Monsters' hits were down so it looked genius by SoF, but then they started showing up to chats and the breaking power that we have as a result is beautiful.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 20th 2011, 20:14:19

actually Thomas it wasnt that monsters werent showing up , it was the fact the chats didnt suit alot of monsters members and when they did show up, they had 10 minutes before they had to leave

:)
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

madjsp Game profile

Mar 20th 2011, 22:22:54

How about some of y'all take SoF's fluff out of your mouth.

It has been a good war on both sides. I've enjoyed it.
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 21st 2011, 3:10:46

Thomas,

I am not kissing SOF's ass.

Though if I were it'd make a hella lot more sense than kissing some ThomASS, and taste better too.

I stated facts,

And yes, at the time of the chat is was 101 ECM,

Thomas, they did target some Monsters the first week, we had 2 Monsters on that came in walled, (and lived) and absorbed a whole chat of what shoulda been a multi kill chat:)

Im case this is too much to read I'll sum up the whole thread

that sums things up:)
I expected a 115-100 war,

I have gone on record as saying the numbers were not right.
I stand by that.

I've taken heat on the ECM boards,
and I've taken heat on AT, for stating how I understood things.

To sum up this whole war.

Helmet has the best perspective of all.
Ivan is right in what he is saying.
Thomas is getting the spoils of a +30 member advantage.
And I'm an asskisser.

Thanks,

Servant
Z is #1

SuperFly Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 3:25:40

good war for sure

dustfp Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 3:33:55

Thomas is not "getting the spoils of a +30 member advantage"... This is not his war, this is SancT/Evo/MONSTER's war, of which you're a part.
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

mrford Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 3:35:10

Originally posted by Thomas:
Ivan -- you just complain too much. You wanted ECM to have a numbers advantage, then fluffed about the advantage 1 week into the war, instead of raising concerns before the war kicked off. We could have easily dropped our inactive members that didn't produce any hits and weren't targeted by SoF, due to that inactivity, for a week. But there was really no reason to. I even brought that discussion up but others felt it wasn't necessary. At no point was I informed of any objections to the numbers advantage before the war began.

And Servant, I agree SoF did a great job. But there comes a point when kissing SoF's ass gets a bit disgusting. It reminds me of the time MrFord led NA into a slaughter against SoF. Throughout the war all he did was post on AT about how great SoF was (trying to save his reputation). It was annoying for everybody who had the displeasure of reading it. Givings props is one thing, but it sounds like you want to make out with Ivan right now :P

lol, did i kick your dog? why do you CONSTANTLY keep putting my name in your mouth when i have nothing to do with this thread? do you love me? do you want to fluff me? if not please stop talking about me. its getting kinda creepy when i constantly have people giving me logs of you and ozzite going off on rants about me in rooms that im not even in. grow some balls and come talk to me directly, or shut the fluff up.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Hardy Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 3:36:57

I didnt really pay much attention to this war until like 2 weeks into the set when AxA fb'ed me and said err dude were warring this set, play your turns. So this dealing of who gets the FS and who gets the member advantage and all that mumbo jumbo is beyond me.

What I have seen however, is two posts by Thomas refuting Ivan's claim that this war was unfair because of Evo's recruitment drive or something. Ivan, twice I have seen Thomas state that if you had an issue with the country count before the war, you could of asked him or whoever to see if it could be made more fair. Each time I've failed to see (then again I dont read much AT) you express why you didnt? If the numbers were unfair, why did you not express your concern? It was, after all, an arranged war.

Props to SoF for you freaking SPALs, I hated and still hate it. You guys fought a good war, and it was fun.

Props to ECM, simply because warring with 3 different clans can be a freaking headache. People dont always see eye-to-eye and ego's always clash, luckily it held together, for the most part.

And as always,
I love boobies.

BobbyATA Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 3:40:54

Servant get the hell of Ivan's nuts...it really is disgusting.

SoF fought well, but the best war effort this server has seen in a few years?? Not even SMz would claim that...

crazyserb Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 4:23:40

those are all good points Servant, yet they are all points on why SoF LOST this war....thats all i see
i see one winner who fought hard and won, and i see a loser, who fought well and lost...thats all im saying

SoF didnt get the FS couse they chose not to...that was their strategy, the member advantage is not ECM's problem
SoF pushed for a war and said if they dont get one they will just declare on some netters...ECM rose to the ocasion and they beat the best warring alliance on the server.

Thomas Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 4:46:24

Thomas,

I am not kissing SOF's ass.

Though if I were it'd make a hella lot more sense than kissing some ThomASS, and taste better too.

I tried really hard not to sound condescending towards NM. But you make it so difficult sometimes. I'll refrain from anything else directed towards you. I forgot how sensitive you guys are.

Thomas Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 4:49:24

Originally posted by Hardy:
Props to SoF for you freaking SPALs, I hated and still hate it. You guys fought a good war, and it was fun.

Yeah dude. That fluff was annoying. And people thought I was crazy when I said a 70 SPAL was bare minimum o.0

Never thought they would go that crazy with spies.

M m i x X Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 5:11:54

Originally posted by Thomas:
Originally posted by Hardy:

Yeah dude. That fluff was annoying. And people thought I was crazy when I said a 70 SPAL was bare minimum o.0

Never thought they would go that crazy with spies.

yeah... i have 230 SPAL before the war starts and i thought i have enough but you guys (SOF) had much more...

i had fun warring an alliance where i first learned the basics of this game :)
-=(M m i x X)=-

KaiN Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 5:39:29

this was a good war
m0m0 > you

Evolution Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 6:32:38

Originally posted by crazyserb:

SoF pushed for a war and said if they dont get one they will just declare on some netters...ECM rose to the ocasion and they beat the best warring alliance on the server.

To: Sol | Makinso
Title: Arranged wars

Hi Maki,

Apparently we can just tell netting clans that we will fs them if they don't play with us. This is a proven method, ask Ivan.

Regards,

Evo
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Scorpion Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 8:13:27

I liked this war, it was fun.
--Scorpion
Survival of the Fittest

ArchAngel Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 8:22:07

i'm having a blast with this war

TNTroXxor Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 9:03:41

+1 for weekly bonus points :p

Good job on both sides.. Lets just leave it at that.
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

d20 Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 11:46:36

great work from both sides! :D

m0m0 > you

ZDH Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 11:55:29

Crazy,

SOF fought a group allinaces 30% larger than itself, that was fully warprepped, and without the aid of a FS,

and basically stood toe to toe,

And they stood toe to toe.

It is easily the best war effort on since the game became EarthEmpires, and probably the best effort in the year or two before that.

If the country count was closer, as it was supposed to have been,
SOF would have won.

And, give it 2 resets,
SOF will be at that 100 mark,
I don't think we have to worry about imag pull that off, that truly is an imagination.

And, Monsters did fairly well.
Due to RL issues, we had a super active 80% particiation rate,
and a 17% Sorta active rate, with one inactive.

We walled pretty well, what limited chances we had,

And yes, our country builds were not as good as they should have been overall,

But for a group that really hadn't warred, for 2 years, or been in a war that wasn't a blindside situation in much longer than that, Monsters acquitted themselves very well.

In a way Ivan is right, though not fully.

Personally I'm kinda pisses Monsters didn't come under fire,
we were hoping to be under the gun more to see how'd we fare.

How many wars has SOF fought in where they had a massive numbers advantage and won and came on forums talking crap? A loss is a loss :-P NO MORAL VICTORY!
-BigZ

gege Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 12:02:05

hm....

Ivan Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 13:38:31

Dont confuse SOL with SOF ZDH

Ivan Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 13:50:55

And with tht i meant that i dont remember using using moral victory :P both sides fought well enough said

Ron Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 15:45:42

wat i like abt this war is countries die within a min when hit so i dun haf to screw up my RL schedule to stonewall lol

Thomas Game profile

Mar 21st 2011, 16:02:06

Originally posted by Ivan:

both sides fought well enough said

For once we agree on something!! SoF did a very good job and made it as hard as possible for us with the walling, SPALs and huge breaks. Was a challenge for a while and I love the fact that I can finally get to bed at a reasonable time now for the first time in 3 weeks. Win/Lose/Draw I was looking forward to that as the exhaustion has set in.