Verified:

nhb316 Game profile

Mar 4th 2011, 1:55:22

Numbers at Express server scale.
Add a new good to the public market, labeled "T-bills", each one obligating the (anonymous)seller to pay 500k dollars to the (anonymous)buyer starting 24 hours after purchase.

Seller gets purchase price; game engine sends 500k per bill from seller's cash balance at 24 mark, or as much is there, and confiscates proceeds of all sales(public or private) and all net tax revenues until bills are paid.

Randomized market times, standing orders should make it hard to send aid to individual countries. Smaller per-bill amounts and "smearing" of marketing times could add more cheat resistance; by smearing I mean you could break up large orders into smaller ones that go on at different times.

A country whose debtors died would receive a message stating how many bills had been defaulted on, but no more payment.

nhb316 Game profile

Mar 4th 2011, 1:58:32

You would probably have to reduce market commissions on t-bills, or the implied interest rates would be absurd(but a higher rate would make sense for commies!).

lincoln

Mar 4th 2011, 4:07:01

the governments would actually repay the debt??

what absurdity is this?
FoG

nhb316 Game profile

Mar 13th 2011, 1:09:02

lol.
seriously, though, the game would confiscate money to pay back debt. obviously...

NOW3P Game profile

Mar 13th 2011, 2:30:32

I think this was suggested in another thread - Something like this is likely low on the totem pole of priorities, but I kinda like the idea.

nhb316 Game profile

Mar 17th 2011, 3:53:50

ttt

Rockman Game profile

Mar 17th 2011, 4:47:25

So this helps suiciders and no one else, and no one likes this idea, but you felt the need to send it back to the top? If we're trying to ruin the game, I guess we know who to contact. Until then ....

Joker Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 1:09:22

enough said........

Evolution Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 2:18:14

But we don't have variable interest in earth atm? Nor do we have fixed interest, Nor do we have lending :O
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

nhb316 Game profile

Mar 18th 2011, 19:55:00

Suiciders primarily hit at the end of the reset, right? Stop selling of debt a few days before end of reset, and there'll be no last-minute hits. Also, sellers of debt could be limited to only SS/PS until debt is repaid, stopping them from suiciding w/ CM/NM/AB/etc.
Only landgrabs would be allowed while debt was outstanding. Maybe the admins could also implement a strict no-topfeeding rule for debtors, like the gdi 2x networth rule.