Verified:

nhb316 Game profile

Feb 7th 2011, 19:49:29

I played my turns on FFA, got down to 1 turn on one of my countries, and sold bushels.
Unfortunately, I sold them for 39 dollars, meaning it's a coin flip whether they'll sell or wait 48 hours and come back.

I can't recall from the market for 1 hour 20 minutes, when I'll have enough turns to do so.

How about a button to reprice an existing sell order to currant lowest price minus one?
then I wouldn't have to come back in an hour just to play 4 turns.

I've done this two days in a row with this country, and its tech levels are starting to really suck...

nhb316 Game profile

Feb 7th 2011, 19:52:21

I assume the lag time between selling and getting to market is supposed to represent transport time, but if our post-apocalyptic nations have have telephone/telegraph connections with each other, changing prices charged is a matter of a brief message, not long-distance freight.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2011, 19:58:35

But if you assume that these goods are being sold in markets around the globe, then even if communication doesn't take too long, some poor stocker in every market will need to physically reprice the stickers, and that can take time. =P

Seriously, though, people argue that recall goods is too powerful as is, and I can't imagine a suggestion as this ever making it into the game. The ability to quickly make such changes in the market seems overpowering.

If this is a mistake that continues to happen, perhaps you should keep 4 turns leftover at the end of every day, just in case. That's the major reason the ability to recall was even included; it always sucks to have your goods stuck on market, but you can sell low just in case or you can wait a while (maybe you'll get lucky) and then recall them when you have turns or the time to play again.

nhb316 Game profile

Feb 7th 2011, 20:02:34

39 dollars was an typo. My other 15 farmers all sold their bushels for 38,

MorTcuS Game profile

Feb 7th 2011, 20:06:38

you know as a demo if you buy military tech you can start selling bushels at 39 on your PM, and its instant and for the whole round :P.
174099715 (not in use)

Steam : wargasm1

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2011, 20:14:07

In that case, perhaps having the ability to recall goods you sold for the next 90 seconds could be useful for those times when you just fudge up the numbers. I'm not sure how difficult that would be for the game coding to know which market goods you just put up for sale, compared to others which may have already been on the market.

Of course, the simple option is to just be careful. We all mess the numbers up occasionally, but I can imagine in FFA mistakes like this would happen more.

nhb316 Game profile

Feb 7th 2011, 20:35:05

I run 1 theo farmer, 8 dict farmers, and 7 republic-farmers.
No demos, they don't have an explore bonus and don't get extra ghost acres in every attack.

I'm a self-farming farmer...