Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 4th 2024, 1:03:31

The spy op html when you get the op will be changed to the new advisor style which shows tech percentages. I may change this immediately instead of waiting for Change Set 25.

I plan to make the following changes as part of Change Set 25:

1) The various display issues in saved spy ops will be resolved and saved ops will accurately reflect what was seen at the time of the original spy ops.
2) Users will be able to see all spy ops done by their clan members, but ops are associated with clans now.
3) Users will be able to delete spy ops only while untagged.
4) Users cannot manually save spy ops but they are no longer deleted after 72 hours.
5) The saved spy op page will send less data to the client (intended to help mobile users in clans with lots of saved spy ops).

Let me know if any of these proposed changes would cause problems for you.

Edited By: Slagpit on May 7th 2024, 5:38:25

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2024, 1:38:53

I think sorting by date or country number would be nice (e.g. at the user's discretion), as I like to check if I've spied someone as an easy way to determine if it would break GDI in non-clan servers. I typically do that by scanning through the ascending country numbers in the list. Otherwise, my preference would be to continue to sort by country number, as otherwise it's easy to miss the number/name when there may be dozens. It's not the end of the world though.

Spy ops in game for clans is a nice win though! Any chance we could add in non-standard ops, like allies or market? Will this work with clan ops sharing?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 4th 2024, 2:12:03

I can keep the sorting in cnum order if that's useful. I just assumed it wasn't.

No plan to add other informational ops. It would be too much for too little gain.

The system for uploading spy ops to a third party hosting site is entirely separate from the saved spy ops in game, so there should be no interaction between the two. I'm not sure what you're asking with the last question.

On a mostly unrelated note, does anyone prefer seeing the classic advisor for when you get the initial op? I've found it pretty annoying not being able to see tech percentages in the spy op itself.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 7th 2024, 0:51:50

This is complete in change set 25.