Can this be done or is it to much work

Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

m0bzta Game profile

Apr 15th 2024, 6:58:42

I was thinking if you can't make the bots attack you can make levels you have to get takeout

maybe start with a group of 10 to start with also i was thinking some you finish off one of the bots all the stuff left in the bot goes to the one that finished it

if you have other idea's please say something
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 15th 2024, 14:55:43

What's the gameplay experience that you're looking for? A clan-based server where you're guaranteed to get a fair war every round?

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Apr 16th 2024, 2:52:27

What came to my mind is if you think of a FPS video game, you can choose the amount of bots the other team can have before a match starts.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

m0bzta Game profile

Apr 16th 2024, 5:59:34

this is some thing were you only get ten people to play at a time let a time limit to kill as many as you can as team would need a irc server for it so we could use irc bot also

just something to make play work together and help the other servers maybe

its just a idea i see none like it anyway
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

BROmanceNZ

Apr 16th 2024, 8:51:21

Would it work if setup like the following:

-- Set number of members per clan - like 5 or 10 or something
-- Players cannot attack any other human players, at all (no war actions or spy ops)
-- Bots have "tiers", as in some are low land, low def etc that are easy kills, whereas others are high nw, high def, high tech, maybe even identify them as such via different coloured names, similarly generated names per tier, etc
-- Killed bots are replaced with new ones after 12 hours
-- Clan Standings page shows the number of Bot/NPC kills each clan has made in the set (a bot kill registering as rewarded to the clan of the player to make the final killing attack, or the clan with the most hits on a dead country within an 8/10/12/24 hour window)
-- If it's not too much hassle, maybe even give specific bot/NPC tiers a higher score for a kill, such as 1 for a grunt tier country but then 3 or 5 for a boss tier one

Perhaps some of the Teams server regulars could also help work out an optimum explore/turn rate based on their experience with managing small war teams?

I dunno. Do bots have to be run as a similar startup country, or is it possible to start a server set with some bots already at like $2-4m NW, and some sitting at $15-20m? Give them some decent SPAL too so that teams are also forced to have some spy countries?

Leto Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 16th 2024, 12:23:09

Man that sounds like a blast, great idea Mob!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 16th 2024, 17:27:39

Here's my interpretation of what you're asking for at a high level:

* Players would be forced to tag up. Each tag could hold a limited number of players. Let's suppose it's 10.
* There are untagged NPC countries that players can farm.
* A tag of static countries would be created for every player-run clan. These would be the war targets for that player's tag. The ten countries in the war target tag would have NWs of (in the billions): 8, 4, 2, 1, 0.5, 0.25, 0.125, and 0.0625. These countries would not play turns.
* A tag can only attack untagged NPC countries or their war target tag. Players cannot attack each other.
* NW-based humanitarian restrictions would be in effect.
* When a country in the war target clan is killed, it restarts in the player's tag and restores its original NW.

Here's how the clan standings might end up, as an example:

1) A tag ignores the war targets and only netgains. Each player has 1 B NW. Their tag finishes with 8 B NW.
2) Each player in the tag has 500 M NW but they manage to kill the 2 B and 4 B NW war targets. Their tag finishes with 11 B NW.
3) Each player in a tag has 400 M NW but they manage to kill the 8 B NW war target. Their tag finishes with 12 B NW.

In effect, it would be a wargaining server without any direct player to player attacks?

BROmanceNZ

Apr 17th 2024, 9:26:43

Is it possible to remove any scoring by tally of NW? Like, countries can still have a NW calculation etc.. but no Clan Standings record of ANW/TNW?

I suppose that doesn't fix the idea of people playing in the server counter to the idea of PvE but if they're not killing NPC/bot countries, they'll just be ranked at the bottom in Clan Standings with 0 points/kills.

BROmanceNZ

Apr 17th 2024, 9:30:07

Perhaps another way of presenting the teams would be to have two overarching teams: Red Team and Blue Team.

Human players are put into Red Team automatically, but can join Squads (basically, the same as a 5 or 10 man clan in Teams).

Bots are Blue Team, similarly all set up into Squads of their own.

That way the presentation of the server is that any and all human players are effectively on the same side, but competing for greater bot kill counts than the other Squads.

Also, please just say "Shut up now, you're a lot of ideas with no idea" whenever.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 17th 2024, 18:14:26

Here are some of the criteria that I use when determining if a new server should be created:

1) Does it offer something unique that isn't found on other servers?
2) What kind of experience does it offer in terms of conflict, diplomacy, and the public market? https://www.earthempires.com/...osophy-49938?t=1618152644
3) Will players continue to play it?
4) How difficult is it to program?

That's what shaped my rewrite of what was proposed here. If it's a server that's only about killing standard bots then everyone will run a tyranny jetter with high warfare techs. There won't be any way to distinguish between a good and great country. It also won't be important for players to work together. Besides, players can already kill standard bots on FFA.