Verified:

DJBeif Game profile

Jul 22nd 2023, 4:36:26

I'm just coming back after 6-7 years, some outside Evo may or may not remember me. To keep things objective, I wanted to open a new thread where maybe we could avoid inflammatory comments. Let's see how it goes.

For starters, I'm grateful that the first set I come back it's really peaceful, helps me to remember all the things. That's going to get reeeaal boring soon with Clan GDI. Lots of people have commented about the main theme of the game that's right on the home page, and they're absolutely right. This game has of course involved netting, but wayyy too much much more.

It's always been contentious, in so many ways. Diplomacy, putting out fires when mistakes were made, suicides, pacts, war plans, calculations, priority targets, attack timing, participation, and yes netting. You would try to net, sure, but you made sure you were ready for anything.

Your alliances pacted out and if they couldn't, they would watch the non-pacted alliances and their government types, spy ops, and trends...things were always tense, and there was EXCITEMENT in that. There was bonding that developed within and among alliances because we needed to be more involved and ensure that we were ready to net and win or war and win.

When war was imminent and diplomacy failed, we get together and got ops, calculated target priority and how many hits an FS could do and therefore how many countries could be taken out, and same with the opposing side. It was an exhilarating time, and made you want to be a part of the action...to want to have your country survive, rack up the most kills, help the restarts, help your allies.

In peacetime, you had spy heavy countries, retal countries, land trades with other alliances, competition to see who could get the most land the earliest before all the DR settled in. Now it just seems to be hit the most bots and get the most land, and we'll see at the end.

I've bought turrets this round because all my previous years have programmed me to, but seeing others with just all jets definitely signaled a change in what I was used to, and these folks are right. In my view, it takes away at least 75% of the original meaning of the game. Why bother with FA departments, spy tech, warfare tech, GS, BR, AB, and so many things I'm missing?

Evo's motto was always "Get fat and win", but we were still cognizant that the game was much more than that, not that alone.

If there's more to be discussed, let's do it here objectively...and QZ, I'd love your take on these considerations.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2023, 4:52:31

^ well said.

TeckMing Game profile

Jul 22nd 2023, 5:22:26

I never got involved in any discussions on AT and I've played this game since 2000. Today is the first time I had to tag other than SOL in order to get involved in SOL related war.

Chevs

Jul 22nd 2023, 12:26:12

ok but DJ barf you aren’t in laf so just fck off with your opinions aye?
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Rasp Game profile

Jul 22nd 2023, 12:42:57

Originally posted by Chevs:

LaF seems to spin that they are the only ones getting suicided, hence the need for clan GDI.

So I think DJ’s post is very relevant.
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2023, 12:55:47

Originally posted by Rasp:
Originally posted by Chevs:

LaF seems to spin that they are the only ones getting suicided, hence the need for clan GDI.

So I think DJ’s post is very relevant.

Yeah but LaF is the one killing EVO, so it doesnt count
Catch me on ir c

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2023, 13:09:52

I guess I've never played in Evo a great amount of time but in LaF we always said "Get fat and win"

Are you sure you're not confused?

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2023, 13:19:38

Yeah but Evo does really get fat and win. They don’t play the fucfuc games like “manipulate newbies to grief their competition”. If you did this you are a piece of fluff and the whole community should band together to kick the fluff out of your face.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2023, 13:31:45

Laf can’t survive without clan GDI now

It’s funny to see Doug (and even folks at Stones) not hide behind the new mechanic. Doug, is in every way, more masculine and alpha than UbbenDubbenGubben Swedish Virgin.

DJBeif Game profile

Jul 22nd 2023, 13:34:19

I'm an old un4 guy turned Evo, so...thanks for the assumption? I've also not been involved in any whining about ruined sets, I just responded to war with prepping the alliance for war. Again, this is meant for objective discussion. I'm sure there are plenty of other valid reasons why clan GDI takes away from the game, let's have a genuine discussion about this year?

BlackHole Game profile

Jul 22nd 2023, 13:36:39

Originally posted by Coalie:
Yeah but Evo does really get fat and win. They don’t play the fucfuc games like “manipulate newbies to grief their competition”. If you did this you are a piece of fluff and the whole community should band together to kick the fluff out of your face.

So like what Superfly did?

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 22nd 2023, 13:57:10

Originally posted by BlackHole:

You mean like what Gerdler and LaF did. “You gotta suicide tmac. You can’t hand him the win”.

You then proceeded to Suicided and kill tmac two sets in a row on multiple servers.

At the end of the day I gave you recommendations on who you could hit that wouldn’t kill you like Omega and PDM. Which was In fact true. I told you if you hit Evo Mercs would kill you which was true.

You choose to align yourself and do Gerdlers bidding as an independent the first set and died and then the 2nd set as a full blow LaF lapdog.

Your history of actions is recorded on earth graphs forever bro. You went down in earth history of Gerdlers lapdog and as the failed leader of Resist. The team that you have been now warring against in teams after leaving the game multiple times lol

Edited By: SuperFly on Jul 22nd 2023, 14:07:26

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2023, 14:03:22

Gerdler: ubbendubbengubben attacking omega and not attacking tmac is like handing tmac the win

Haha ok bud

BlackHole Game profile

Jul 22nd 2023, 14:06:33

Originally posted by SuperFly:

You mean like what Gerdler and LaF did. “You gotta suicide tmac. You can’t hand him the win”.

You then proceeded to Suicided and kill tmac two sets in a row on multiple servers.

At the end of the day I gave you recommendations on who you could hit that wouldn’t kill you like Omega and PDM. Which was In fact true. I told you if you hit Evo Mercs would kill you which was true.

You choose to align yourself and do Gerdlers bidding as an independent the first set and died and then the 2nd set as a full blow LaF lapdog.

Your history of actions is recorded on earth graphs forever bro.

LMAO - made you repeat the story AGAIN.

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 22nd 2023, 14:12:55

Your history of actions is recorded on earth graphs forever bro.

LMAO - made you repeat the story AGAIN.

Well as you are a mentally challenged person I feel that I must help you through your delusions and help you understand the difference between reality and the fabricated reality that you live online.

I must always remind you that you are 1 - Gerdlers lap dog and 2 - a failed leader of a decent group of earth noobies who finally flourished under the guidance of Pastor Milk.

Let me know brother if you need me to keep holding your hand and guiding you thru your misguided sense of online reality

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 22nd 2023, 14:19:07

Btw welcome back full time BH. I see that you have countries in multiple servers now. I missed you while you were on your mental health break.

Good to have my forum sparing partner back. I’ll take it easy on you this time so that you don’t go Amanda Bynes mental breakdown again now that you are so troubled by Pastor Milkman’s success.

I understand that your biggest frustration is seeing how Milk was accepted as a full blown member of LaF and a valued member at that while you were always casted out as the lap dog who slept outside.

Must be hard to be disliked and killed 4 times by your former group that you built and demolished in teams this round.

I am here for you and I am listening bro.

Edited By: SuperFly on Jul 22nd 2023, 15:25:01
See Original Post

BlackHole Game profile

Jul 22nd 2023, 15:27:43

Btw welcome back full time BH. I see that you have countries in multiple servers now. I missed you while you were on your mental health break.

Good to have my forum sparing partner back. I’ll take it easy on you this time so that you don’t go Amanda Bynes mental breakdown again now that you are so troubled by Pastor Milkman’s success.

I understand that your biggest frustration is seeing how Milk was accepted as a full blown member of LaF and a valued member at that while you were always casted out as the lap dog who slept outside.

Must be hard to be disliked and killed 4 times by your former group that you built and demolished in teams this round.

I am here for you and I am listening bro.

Wait a second. Was I supposed to be sad about being killed 4 times, unprovoked, by my former team? Isn't that how we show love around here?

HANG ON A MINUTE. ARE WE NOT BESTIES? I thought you all loved me around here, thats why you killed my country 17 times in alliance, even though there were much bigger threats.

OH fluff, WHAT IS HAPPENING. AM I NOT LOVED?!?!?

Snoopdawg Game profile

Jul 22nd 2023, 19:46:10

someone that talks all the time has nothing to say

BlackHole Game profile

Jul 22nd 2023, 20:06:37

Originally posted by Snoopdawg:
someone that talks all the time has nothing to say

Ok socrates

Rasp Game profile

Jul 23rd 2023, 3:35:54

Originally posted by Requiem:
I guess I've never played in Evo a great amount of time but in LaF we always said "Get fat and win"

Are you sure you're not confused?

Careful what you share now. According to LaF, you were “hiding” in EVO and EVO harbors LaF’s suiciders.

That was their “first” terrible excuse to blindside EVO.

[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

DJBeif Game profile

Jul 23rd 2023, 3:59:16

So much for objective discussion, you guys already did this in another thread, go back to that one if you want to flame each other..

mazooka Game profile

Jul 23rd 2023, 4:07:08

Hi djbeif, welcome back to this burning pile of fluff game. The last 60 peeps all hate each other. No one is going to have a polite conversation about clan gdi lol

Marc

Jul 23rd 2023, 23:51:39

Originally posted by mazooka:
Hi djbeif, welcome back to this burning pile of fluff game. The last 60 peeps all hate each other. No one is going to have a polite conversation about clan gdi lol

This is a lie, I Req. He just rebuffs all of my advances. It's like he has his own personal clan GDI or something.
<Earthnews> BR - Covid Booster 3 (#53) [GARGLE] -> Neal (#483) [iLaF] 6C 7B

GeneralofRome Game profile

Jul 24th 2023, 1:47:07

Seems like the forums are lively again eh? Or is everyone on their period at the same exact time?

tellarion Game profile

Aug 9th 2023, 14:43:28

Originally posted by DJBeif:
I'm just coming back after 6-7 years, some outside Evo may or may not remember me. To keep things objective, I wanted to open a new thread where maybe we could avoid inflammatory comments. Let's see how it goes.

For starters, I'm grateful that the first set I come back it's really peaceful, helps me to remember all the things. That's going to get reeeaal boring soon with Clan GDI. Lots of people have commented about the main theme of the game that's right on the home page, and they're absolutely right. This game has of course involved netting, but wayyy too much much more.

It's always been contentious, in so many ways. Diplomacy, putting out fires when mistakes were made, suicides, pacts, war plans, calculations, priority targets, attack timing, participation, and yes netting. You would try to net, sure, but you made sure you were ready for anything.

Your alliances pacted out and if they couldn't, they would watch the non-pacted alliances and their government types, spy ops, and trends...things were always tense, and there was EXCITEMENT in that. There was bonding that developed within and among alliances because we needed to be more involved and ensure that we were ready to net and win or war and win.

When war was imminent and diplomacy failed, we get together and got ops, calculated target priority and how many hits an FS could do and therefore how many countries could be taken out, and same with the opposing side. It was an exhilarating time, and made you want to be a part of the action...to want to have your country survive, rack up the most kills, help the restarts, help your allies.

In peacetime, you had spy heavy countries, retal countries, land trades with other alliances, competition to see who could get the most land the earliest before all the DR settled in. Now it just seems to be hit the most bots and get the most land, and we'll see at the end.

I've bought turrets this round because all my previous years have programmed me to, but seeing others with just all jets definitely signaled a change in what I was used to, and these folks are right. In my view, it takes away at least 75% of the original meaning of the game. Why bother with FA departments, spy tech, warfare tech, GS, BR, AB, and so many things I'm missing?

Evo's motto was always "Get fat and win", but we were still cognizant that the game was much more than that, not that alone.

If there's more to be discussed, let's do it here objectively...and QZ, I'd love your take on these considerations.

Sup Beif

braden Game profile

Aug 9th 2023, 15:17:52

UNDER MY UM, TELLA?

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 9th 2023, 18:39:02

LOUD NOISES!
wasn't me...

braden Game profile

Aug 9th 2023, 18:57:53

I thought we were in the trust tree.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 10th 2023, 3:45:05

perhaps we should go back to 60(60) turns and 2B bug
Do as I say, not as I do.

Zorp Game profile

Aug 10th 2023, 5:02:23

Originally posted by DJBeif:
To keep things objective, I wanted to open a new thread where maybe we could avoid inflammatory comments. Let's see how it goes.

It went poorly lmao

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 10th 2023, 5:50:33

Originally posted by Jayr:
LOUD NOISES!

BED SQUEAKING!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 10th 2023, 6:13:32

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:
perhaps we should go back to 60(60) turns and 2B bug
I'm 1000% ok with that...

Is the 2b bug gone tho? When did that happen?
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Aug 10th 2023, 9:04:04

Atleast a decade ago. There is "corruption" on anything over $2 bill. Kinda like food decay.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford