Verified:

BlackHole Game profile

Mar 30th 2023, 11:25:54

On the evening of 3/29/23 an unexpected spectacle occurred. This is that story.

The IRC chat was quiet, and it was about WarChat time for the evil empire. Approximately 45 minutes prior, Black Hole and his crew of legends took down another evil empire member. Black Hole was the one who notched the kill, and this happened to be his second kill of the day (and third in 2 days). These facts surely aggravated the belligerents of the Evil Empire. But is anymore aggravation necessary for them to hate Black Hole at maximum strength? Likely not.

As the Evil Empire WarChat started popping off, we all laughed. They were once again hitting a sub 500k NW target. It happened to be another JL target. This kill run brought the hits on JL up to an eye popping ~7600. If you were to ascertain the threat level of a target based on how much attention they receive, JL is clearly the biggest threat in this war.

Black Hole, being the great leader that he is, decided he was going to put his body in front of the next bullet. So he took to IRC, and did what he does best. He incites. He incited hatred, fear, anger, and rage. He asked for his country to be killed again. He mocked the Evil Empire. Jokes were flying faster than a speed attack from JL (which is extremely fast). But there was no response. It seemed the attempted provocation was falling on deaf ears. Or, the big brains in the Empire were too busy attempting to read the hieroglyphics known as their GHQ site, and were looking for help translating the weird characters, but all their children that knew how to read were already in bed.

It seemed, for a fleeting moment, that greatness was not due to Black Hole this night. Until, in an instant, a flurry of attacks came. And it was a glorious flurry. As they arrived, all Black Hole could do is celebrate. Celebrate his victory. He would meet death, for an 8th time, this night. He continued to mock the Empire in IRC chat as the flurry of attacks peppered him. But, as they continued to come, Black Hole realized something. His skills had developed significantly over this war. Not only was he online and ready for this attack, he was unafraid. He was unphased. He was CALM. Like Neo in the Matrix, he could finally see clearly. The attacks came in, and he knew exactly what to do. So he tabbed over to his browser and he got to work.

Now you may be thinking at this point 'big deal, he's going to buy up'. But that's not what happened. You see, Black Hole was on his 7th version of a country. And he has also been extremely active in killing, so his country wasn't exactly in tip top shape. At the beginning of the attack, he had a NW in the neighborhood of 500k, with just 100k troops and maybe 50k turrets. It was hardly a defense. But - he got to work anyway. Any defenses held, any turns wasted, would be an accomplishment. So he sold food and bought turrets. Attacks failed. Black Hole took to IRC to further mock the Empire. Then they came again. He sold all his jets, bought up again. More fails. More IRC mocking by Black Hole, if he was going to die, he was going to do it in style. But then they kept coming. It was getting late, and he knew the end was near. Time to sell troops and go down in a blaze of glory. More fails. This was taking awhile. Spy attempts came, with more fails there. They were clearly struggling with this unexpected, but glorious, defense. The timing of the buy ups was perfect, and the Empire kept becoming flummoxed. Finally they got their new spy reports and switched to troops, clearly seeing the way the defense had unraveled. Black Hole saw it coming a mile away. And he was ready. Time to sell some turrets. Buy troops. More fails. Let's keep it going. Small buys, some fails. It was getting close though.

As darkness was falling on the 7th incarnation of Black Hole, he decided to go to the main page and admire his country one last time. Just then, something happened. A new alert. Someone is sending a relation request. Who is that? Black Hole accepted. Perhaps a friend wanted to lend morale support in his last minutes.

And then, suddenly, the shroud of darkness over Black Holes empire is pierced. A beaming light in the form of an FA package has arrived. And it has arrived from a friend in LaF. As it arrives, in the air I hear 'fvck the darkness, we are the light, viva la resistance'.

The attacks fail. And continue to fail. The onslaught has been repelled. The Empire has no hope to crack the defenses sent by the brothers in LaF.

This aid was most unexpected to the Empire, it would seem, as they believed that LaF simply used The Resistance as blood bags. A resource. From the outside, looking in, it would seem that LaF only cared about their own and were content with letting others die on their behalf. What the Empire didn't know is that the relationship between The Resistance and LaF was far more developed and sophisticated than it appeared. The Resistance understood their role in this war, and they happily marched to the front lines and did what needed to be done. They understood that they were the most qualified to live in the blood. They understood that death breeds inactivity in some. And that they had the fortitude to resurrect over and over again, undeterred from the constant death. They understood that they were purpose built for this mission. Almost as if they were designed in a lab to do exactly this. And so this is what they do.

But today was not a day that another Resistance member would fall. Today was a day of greatness and glory, and salty salty tears. Today was the day that the Evil Empire learned they have a much bigger problem on their hands then they realized. The Resistance and LaF are not simply on the same side of a war. They are brothers in war.

As the FA package arrived, the Evil Empire pathetically turned to spy ops and missile warfare to attempt to finish off Black Hole. Nukes, EMs, Chems, Bioterrorism, Revolutions - you name it, the Empire attempted it. Black Hole shrugged them all off, like a horses tail swatting the flies on it's back.

As the night began, Black Hole was a fiesty 500kNW country with limited resources and a big heart. As the night ended, a legend was made and Black Hole had blossomed into a 6.5m NW powerhouse.

Black Hole survived with a small, but defiant, population.

This is the story of Defying the Grim Reaper.

Edited By: BlackHole on Mar 30th 2023, 11:45:49
See Original Post

BlackHole Game profile

Mar 30th 2023, 11:28:01

Nate Game profile

Mar 30th 2023, 12:59:49

wonder how long this will last on at this time before moving to general.

Suicidal Game profile

Mar 30th 2023, 13:39:59

If I were LaF, I would let you be a blood sponge too. You did say at least seven times. (a large total for all of JL)
I would now also FA you, if I were LaF, to ensure that you came back next set to sponge again.
You are new so, I wouldn't expect you to know how LaF works. You will learn through experience. At least we won't be bored in the future.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2023, 13:41:19

Hi BHole,

Just posting this to let you know I just scrolled to the bottom and didn't read your post.

BlackHole Game profile

Mar 30th 2023, 14:20:40

Originally posted by Requiem:
Hi BHole,

Just posting this to let you know I just scrolled to the bottom and didn't read your post.

Appreciate it Req!

BlackHole Game profile

Mar 30th 2023, 14:21:10

Originally posted by Suicidal:
If I were LaF, I would let you be a blood sponge too. You did say at least seven times. (a large total for all of JL)
I would now also FA you, if I were LaF, to ensure that you came back next set to sponge again.
You are new so, I wouldn't expect you to know how LaF works. You will learn through experience. At least we won't be bored in the future.

Is there anyone who thinks we will be deterred by death and sponging? If there is, that person hasn't been paying attention. Death and blood is all we know. And we love it.

SuperFly Game profile

Mar 30th 2023, 14:21:32

Glad they sent you FA at the very end of the round to make up for the fact that they gave you no credit on their video and to make up for the fact that they have treated you poorly for 75% of the round lol

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2023, 14:28:10

Nicely written.

That said, you are clearly the storm troopers in this story.

BlackHole Game profile

Mar 30th 2023, 14:39:22

Originally posted by SuperFly:
Glad they sent you FA at the very end of the round to make up for the fact that they gave you no credit on their video and to make up for the fact that they have treated you poorly for 75% of the round lol

I declined all their previous FA offers. You don't put the front line troops in gucci gear. You let them run out there with a gun, a knife, and a pair of fluffing shorts. And you say 'GIVE ME BLOOD'.

HH Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2023, 14:39:58

BlackHole writes the best posts on AT. Keep them coming BH ;)
HeadHunter

Link Game profile

Mar 30th 2023, 15:44:10

i didn't read it.. but im sure it was great lol
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

myerr21 Game profile

Mar 30th 2023, 15:54:06

Originally posted by BlackHole:
On the evening of 3/29/23 an unexpected spectacle occurred. This is that story.

The IRC chat was quiet, and it was about WarChat time for the evil empire. Approximately 45 minutes prior, Black Hole and his crew of legends took down another evil empire member. Black Hole was the one who notched the kill, and this happened to be his second kill of the day (and third in 2 days). These facts surely aggravated the belligerents of the Evil Empire. But is anymore aggravation necessary for them to hate Black Hole at maximum strength? Likely not.

As the Evil Empire WarChat started popping off, we all laughed. They were once again hitting a sub 500k NW target. It happened to be another JL target. This kill run brought the hits on JL up to an eye popping ~7600. If you were to ascertain the threat level of a target based on how much attention they receive, JL is clearly the biggest threat in this war.

Black Hole, being the great leader that he is, decided he was going to put his body in front of the next bullet. So he took to IRC, and did what he does best. He incites. He incited hatred, fear, anger, and rage. He asked for his country to be killed again. He mocked the Evil Empire. Jokes were flying faster than a speed attack from JL (which is extremely fast). But there was no response. It seemed the attempted provocation was falling on deaf ears. Or, the big brains in the Empire were too busy attempting to read the hieroglyphics known as their GHQ site, and were looking for help translating the weird characters, but all their children that knew how to read were already in bed.

It seemed, for a fleeting moment, that greatness was not due to Black Hole this night. Until, in an instant, a flurry of attacks came. And it was a glorious flurry. As they arrived, all Black Hole could do is celebrate. Celebrate his victory. He would meet death, for an 8th time, this night. He continued to mock the Empire in IRC chat as the flurry of attacks peppered him. But, as they continued to come, Black Hole realized something. His skills had developed significantly over this war. Not only was he online and ready for this attack, he was unafraid. He was unphased. He was CALM. Like Neo in the Matrix, he could finally see clearly. The attacks came in, and he knew exactly what to do. So he tabbed over to his browser and he got to work.

Now you may be thinking at this point 'big deal, he's going to buy up'. But that's not what happened. You see, Black Hole was on his 7th version of a country. And he has also been extremely active in killing, so his country wasn't exactly in tip top shape. At the beginning of the attack, he had a NW in the neighborhood of 500k, with just 100k troops and maybe 50k turrets. It was hardly a defense. But - he got to work anyway. Any defenses held, any turns wasted, would be an accomplishment. So he sold food and bought turrets. Attacks failed. Black Hole took to IRC to further mock the Empire. Then they came again. He sold all his jets, bought up again. More fails. More IRC mocking by Black Hole, if he was going to die, he was going to do it in style. But then they kept coming. It was getting late, and he knew the end was near. Time to sell troops and go down in a blaze of glory. More fails. This was taking awhile. Spy attempts came, with more fails there. They were clearly struggling with this unexpected, but glorious, defense. The timing of the buy ups was perfect, and the Empire kept becoming flummoxed. Finally they got their new spy reports and switched to troops, clearly seeing the way the defense had unraveled. Black Hole saw it coming a mile away. And he was ready. Time to sell some turrets. Buy troops. More fails. Let's keep it going. Small buys, some fails. It was getting close though.

As darkness was falling on the 7th incarnation of Black Hole, he decided to go to the main page and admire his country one last time. Just then, something happened. A new alert. Someone is sending a relation request. Who is that? Black Hole accepted. Perhaps a friend wanted to lend morale support in his last minutes.

And then, suddenly, the shroud of darkness over Black Holes empire is pierced. A beaming light in the form of an FA package has arrived. And it has arrived from a friend in LaF. As it arrives, in the air I hear 'fvck the darkness, we are the light, viva la resistance'.

The attacks fail. And continue to fail. The onslaught has been repelled. The Empire has no hope to crack the defenses sent by the brothers in LaF.

This aid was most unexpected to the Empire, it would seem, as they believed that LaF simply used The Resistance as blood bags. A resource. From the outside, looking in, it would seem that LaF only cared about their own and were content with letting others die on their behalf. What the Empire didn't know is that the relationship between The Resistance and LaF was far more developed and sophisticated than it appeared. The Resistance understood their role in this war, and they happily marched to the front lines and did what needed to be done. They understood that they were the most qualified to live in the blood. They understood that death breeds inactivity in some. And that they had the fortitude to resurrect over and over again, undeterred from the constant death. They understood that they were purpose built for this mission. Almost as if they were designed in a lab to do exactly this. And so this is what they do.

But today was not a day that another Resistance member would fall. Today was a day of greatness and glory, and salty salty tears. Today was the day that the Evil Empire learned they have a much bigger problem on their hands then they realized. The Resistance and LaF are not simply on the same side of a war. They are brothers in war.

As the FA package arrived, the Evil Empire pathetically turned to spy ops and missile warfare to attempt to finish off Black Hole. Nukes, EMs, Chems, Bioterrorism, Revolutions - you name it, the Empire attempted it. Black Hole shrugged them all off, like a horses tail swatting the flies on it's back.

As the night began, Black Hole was a fiesty 500kNW country with limited resources and a big heart. As the night ended, a legend was made and Black Hole had blossomed into a 6.5m NW powerhouse.

Black Hole survived with a small, but defiant, population.

This is the story of Defying the Grim Reaper.

My brother in Christ... I know we are friendly, but can you at least add a TLDR? Aint nobody got time fo dat.
Elders

gains [23:16:55] * Myerr!*@* added to ignore list

cloud-superfly: CP is ok

whorespower Game profile

Mar 30th 2023, 16:02:30

yet another tale of the light shining bright oh and btw
..!.. YOU ALL WE ARE THE LIGHT VIVA LA RESISTANCE!!!!

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2023, 16:55:07

Took like 5 swipes down on my phone to get here. And the comments did not dissapoint.

Y’all give cottonball Pat and his sugarbaby too much of a hard time

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2023, 17:06:42

TL:DR
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Captain Control Game profile

Mar 30th 2023, 19:14:45

TLDR

Blackhole's ego is so huge it crushed under pressure... causing said Blackhole.

Glad your having fun.
Look for the Greek Mythology references and bring a beer! 🍺

myerr21 Game profile

Mar 30th 2023, 20:03:13

Originally posted by Captain Control:
TLDR

Blackhole's ego is so huge it crushed under pressure... causing said Blackhole.

Glad your having fun.

I dont believe you, mansplain it to me.
Elders

gains [23:16:55] * Myerr!*@* added to ignore list

cloud-superfly: CP is ok

Matrolen Game profile

Mar 31st 2023, 6:01:14

That was mildly entertaining. It does sound like you're having fun.

Good work. Still, take a look around. You are a warrior in allegiance with folks who don't like to war.
Progenies of the Great Apocalypse

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 31st 2023, 7:11:54

Originally posted by Matrolen:
You are a warrior in allegiance with folks who don't like to war.

For being at war with "folks who don't like to war" you sure seem to have a lot of problems. Warring is just another form of netting. Takes time to excel and we just started.
Don of LaF

BlackHole Game profile

Mar 31st 2023, 9:39:41

That was mildly entertaining. It does sound like you're having fun.

Good work. Still, take a look around. You are a warrior in allegiance with folks who don't like to war.

I don't like doing the dishes. Doesn't mean I don't have to, and it doesn't mean I'm not fvcking awesome at it.

Matrolen Game profile

Mar 31st 2023, 15:06:13

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:
You are a warrior in allegiance with folks who don't like to war.

For being at war with "folks who don't like to war" you sure seem to have a lot of problems. Warring is just another form of netting. Takes time to excel and we just started.

Seems I touched a nerve.
It isn't a problem when you expect the consequences of war.
Netting and warring are not the same when you're expecting people to leave your clan because you are forced to only do the latter.
Progenies of the Great Apocalypse

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 31st 2023, 21:04:50

I looked at the leaderboards and it looks like Omega, Evo, and PDM are the ones netting to me. Just like they did last set.

Win the war/lose the war don’t make a diff to us. We get to war and continue to maintain our core players. :)

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 31st 2023, 21:09:00

Originally posted by Coalie:
I looked at the leaderboards and it looks like Omega, Evo, and PDM are the ones netting to me. Just like they did last set.

Win the war/lose the war don’t make a diff to us. We get to war and continue to maintain our core players. :)

Same here, war brings activity. Last time LaF was this active was during the wars vs elders or sof.
Recruitment is going well also, seems activity is up for everyone so a big win for the game.
Don of LaF

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 31st 2023, 21:59:50

Same here, war brings activity. Last time LaF was this active was during the wars vs elders or sof.
Recruitment is going well also, seems activity is up for everyone so a big win for the game.

A lot of u guys did a nice job during the war this set.

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Mar 31st 2023, 22:01:05

A lot of u guys did a nice job during the war this set.

you guys should kiss
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

Link Game profile

Apr 1st 2023, 13:34:35

those were good wars lol
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 1st 2023, 16:26:22

Originally posted by HH:
BlackHole writes the best posts on AT. Keep them coming BH ;)

I thought he has some natural talent with his words as well. Reminds me of JK Rowling or that Really old doctor Doolittle books (the original one with the giant jellyfish) author. Very cool narration style.

BigP Game profile

Apr 1st 2023, 19:30:14

...and here I thought Doug wrote long posts lol

- SoF

En4cer Game profile

Apr 2nd 2023, 4:35:39

Was an entertaining read 📚 🤣

Keep it up BH!

Doug Game profile

Apr 2nd 2023, 5:12:22

Originally posted by BigP:
...and here I thought Doug wrote long posts lol

Hey now! Damn man, I thought I was good. He needs a book deal! Dude makes me look like the guy who writes the cliff notes version around here! I do admire his “watamolonous.” (Robin Williams Movie Quote)

Edited By: Doug on Apr 2nd 2023, 5:40:19
Paradigm VP/Senator
Contact Auk (Happy on discord) for PDM hFa issues.